Attention Wardrobe Dept!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Valentine14

Re: Attention Wardrobe Dept!

Postby Valentine14 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:07 pm

Tried to find a Wardrobe thread. Gosh I really dislike Phyllis top, love the color but that shoulder hole on one side and the gash neckline. It's awful

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:47 am

Was trying to find a thread to discuss good, bad, ugly wardrobe
I don't always like how sharon dresses, but I loved the white halter top dress she wore when she and Nick announced their engagement
On the negative side. ..summer time is here, but does everyone work by the pool??
Wardrobe department. ....get kyle clothes that actually fit him, not 2 sizes too small.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Phyllis. The tan dress today super tight and then the low pleats. Ugly.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:28 pm

What was nikki wearing today that dress was so bright I thought she was plugged into some electrical socket

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:58 pm

pattersonfan wrote:how bad is Nikki's wardrobe...she shouldn't be wearing shifts, maybe something with a jacket or tunic top..

A lot of Nikki's clothes are completely inappropriate for her body size and shape. Nikki is a beautiful woman and she is by no means fat, but she isn't model thin either. She has a voluptuously curved body. A lot of clothes that they put on her are too tight and very unflattering.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:
pattersonfan wrote:how bad is Nikki's wardrobe...she shouldn't be wearing shifts, maybe something with a jacket or tunic top..

A lot of Nikki's clothes are completely inappropriate for her body size and shape. Nikki is a beautiful woman and she is by no means fat, but she isn't model thin either. She has a voluptuously curved body. A lot of clothes that they put on her are too tight and very unflattering.

Yes many dresses too tight, what looks worse, in my opinion, she is in high heels with a back problem so she tends to look like she is leaning forward a little. Not bashing the actress but the wardrobe department. ....put her in nice flats, small heels, small wedge shoes.

Drama more drama

Postby Drama more drama » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:24 pm

NJ SOAP LADY wrote:What was nikki wearing today that dress was so bright I thought she was plugged into some electrical socket

OMG! I started a thread about that horrid thing. I’m sure it glows in the dark. I could hardly look at her. My eyes hurt. Do you think they did that because she was standing on JTs grave? Like maybe they wanted her to look as if she stood out? I don’t know, but it was awful.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:20 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:

I think Nikki's weight may fluctuate a lot. I believe she has some sort of chronic back problem & may have to be on steroids at times which can cause fluid retention. I agree though that sometimes she looks wonderful in her outfits & other times she seems to be bursting out of them and that also seems to be the times that she looks as if she may be having pain issues. She is very brave to continue in her role if she is experiencing a lot of pain on a chronic basis.

Riskybeee

Postby Riskybeee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:22 pm

shebaluv wrote:What on earth was that horrid frock Lily was wearing at the Club?? Looked like a mash up of a 'French Maid's ' outfit. Shudder

Oh, and I caught a bit of B&B the other day - one of the actors was wearing a dress similar to if not the same as the one Victoria is wearing at the hospital. Are the wardrobe budgets that tight they have to share?

They are all drunk!

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:22 am

Drama more drama wrote:
NJ SOAP LADY wrote:What was nikki wearing today that dress was so bright I thought she was plugged into some electrical socket

OMG! I started a thread about that horrid thing. I’m sure it glows in the dark. I could hardly look at her. My eyes hurt. Do you think they did that because she was standing on JTs grave? Like maybe they wanted her to look as if she stood out? I don’t know, but it was awful.

Stand out at the site of the grave. ..you may be right.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”