I'm NOT Blind!!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
twocentsworth

Re: I'm NOT Blind!!!

Postby twocentsworth » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Quote bakerybettie: Why do actors play "blind" by not blinking? Stupid...blind people blink. And Neil is so newly blind that he'd naturally turn his head towards sounds as if he were still sighted. Tune up your acting skills, folks!!

And he could least aim his face in the direction of the voices of those he talks too...geesh... ~)

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Quote pondie: Is it just me that thinks it wouldn't be characteristic of Neil to fake blindness?

Characteristic or not, Neil doesn't even want to admit he IS blind, let alone OPEN his eyes to see what's been in front of him all along, that Hilary and his son Devon have this attraction that is undeniable...maybe his blindness will allow him so see what his eyes wide open and NOT blind can see...and yes, I feel his would indeed continue this as a charade to see what he NEEDS to indeed see...

deceived

Postby deceived » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Quote pondie: Is it just me that thinks it wouldn't be characteristic of Neil to fake blindness?

Neil is faking blindness... I think...he is just way too clumsy, and the way he was talking to Jack yesterday about Hilary made me suspicious!

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:16 pm

Oh wow! I have not been watching, so I am not up to date. Why in Neil now not able to see? I really need to go read recaps.

deceived

Postby deceived » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Quote Layngel: Oh wow! I have not been watching, so I am not up to date. Why in Neil now not able to see? I really need to go read recaps.

Hi Layngel! Neil bought Hilary her dream house right after they married. He was showing it to Cane when the lights started flickering... he went to the fuse box and fiddled with the electrical wires without turning off the electricity, and got electrocuted. We think he is faking blindness because Devon and Hilary are playing footsies right in front of him...

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Quote deceived:
Quote Layngel: Oh wow! I have not been watching, so I am not up to date. Why in Neil now not able to see? I really need to go read recaps.

Hi Layngel! Neil bought Hilary her dream house right after they married. He was showing it to Cane when the lights started flickering... he went to the fuse box and fiddled with the electrical wires without turning off the electricity, and got electrocuted. We think he is faking blindness because Devon and Hilary are playing footsies right in front of him...

Hi Deceived! Thanks. Wow, I kind of wish I had seen that scene. I need to go catch up. :)

MissCrayCray

Postby MissCrayCray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:55 pm

I also think that Neil could be faking blindness. The things he's doing and saying just seem suspicious. If he is faking and watching Devon and Hillary then RUH ROH!

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Quote pondie: I know it's a soap and all but Neil's 'blind' acting is heinous.

Not only that, but his belligerent behavior is another turn off. He's already on my last nerve.

He needs to take lessons from Signey Coleman - the wonderful actress who played, Hope, Adam's mom, who was blind.

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:48 pm

Quote Lizzytish:
Quote pondie: I know it's a soap and all but Neil's 'blind' acting is heinous.

Not only that, but his belligerent behavior is another turn off. He's already on my last nerve.

He needs to take lessons from Signey Coleman - the wonderful actress who played, Hope, Adam's mom, who was blind.

Yes, the actress Signey Coleman that played Hope was so good! Neil should have taken some pointers from her or at least watched a few clips on YouTube or something...you would think that he could AT LEAST aim his head/face towards those speaking/where the sound is coming from when he speaks back...we automatically do that when we are NOT blind, so for him to show blindness in this manner is beyond me...

But I would like for him to continue the charade once his eyesight is restored and SEE with his EYES WIDE OPEN that which was/is/will continue to unfold in front of him regarding his loving wifey and his loyal son...

Savy Soap Watcher

Postby Savy Soap Watcher » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:25 pm

I am not usually a Neil fan but I think he is doing a good job acting blind. It isn't an easy task. He is reacting to sounds and of course, the stubbornness is part of his character. Blind or not, he will see through Devon and Hillary - that's if Cain doesn't tell him first. So shocked that Cain hasn't told Lily.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”