A female cop's hair...

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
twocentsworth

A female cop's hair...

Postby twocentsworth » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Have knowledge of working at a police department so I feel I can say that having a female cop (Courtney) have her hair hanging down her back in a ponytail is a no-no...if long hair, longer than shoulder length, it would be pinned up on her head, or wrapped into a bun, not swinging down her back or, the hair has a shorter cut and is ok that way... 3)

Trish12

Re: A female cop's hair...

Postby Trish12 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Quote twocentsworth: Have knowledge of working at a police department so I feel I can say that having a female cop (Courtney) have her hair hanging down her back in a ponytail is a no-no...if long hair, longer than shoulder length, it would be pinned up on her head, or wrapped into a bun, not swinging down her back or, the hair has a shorter cut and is ok that way... 3)

Once again the writers have no sense of reality. Didn't she have a bun a few episodes ago when Harding was ragging on her.

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Quote Trish12:
Quote twocentsworth: Have knowledge of working at a police department so I feel I can say that having a female cop (Courtney) have her hair hanging down her back in a ponytail is a no-no...if long hair, longer than shoulder length, it would be pinned up on her head, or wrapped into a bun, not swinging down her back or, the hair has a shorter cut and is ok that way... 3)

Once again the writers have no sense of reality. Didn't she have a bun a few episodes ago when Harding was ragging on her.

Yes sometimes she does, which is the correct way to wear the hair...but, in the last episode where she was at the station and Harding was giving her grief before Noah tied to step in, her hair was in a long ponytail down her back...guess in these scenes she was in a hurry for those that follow between the three of them at the Underground where she had changed from her uniform and her hair was NOT in a ponytail, flowing down mainly down one side of her head, pushed to one side, very pretty hair too...she just has to have it in an up-do if it's long hair for cop standards at most places...guess Genoa City doesn't care...

soaplv

Postby soaplv » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:17 pm

I get your drift ! Courtney does not fit the bill where it comes to looking professional...even avery has a more bad ass attitude and I don't like her character as she is wishy washy also....playing a teenager undercover she will always be a teenager to me....here is where they should get another actress if they want a female cop on the show, and let Courtney go back to being playmates to summer,fen and who ever were there other peers...pretty soon Lily's kids will be policepeople !

rancher

Postby rancher » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:46 pm

I agree. Women wear their hair up because hair can be used as a weapon.

But..........Y and R doesn't seem to care much for research or reality.

Carmel Candy

Postby Carmel Candy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:26 pm

I agree about Courtney's hair. The writing is so bad. It is about as realistic as unicorns and Santa Claus. :0

pondie

Postby pondie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:09 pm

It is possible to be a little too nit-picky. In a soap I don't think someone's hair would pale in comparison to other unrealistic things.

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Quote pondie: It is possible to be a little too nit-picky. In a soap I don't think someone's hair would pale in comparison to other unrealistic things.

Nit-picky or maybe very observant, details like this do count...her hair could get caught on a fence running after a bad guy or like someone else said, could be used against her, like pulled by a perpetrator...things like this do happen....maybe GCPD doesn't have very strict safety issues in place...then again, it is the GCPD, and I know a soap, wonder why I even bother to watch and notice details like that... ;)

soaplv

Postby soaplv » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Quote pondie: It is possible to be a little too nit-picky. In a soap I don't think someone's hair would pale in comparison to other unrealistic things.

8) the hair to policewoman ratio just adds to the disconnection between fan base and storyline.

Valentine14

Postby Valentine14 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:55 pm

Exactly because their hair could be grabbed during a confrontation!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”