YR41 Demos Down;Ratings Same: Aug 4-8, 2014

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Jackie10

Re: YR41 Demos Down;Ratings Same: Aug 4-8, 2014

Postby Jackie10 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Quote shalaydra75: Jackie10-Which Month/Year are you referring? The only time that I remember procuring higher 5.7 was when she rode off the LML wave or when she killed Brad and Colleen. Unlike the departure of BM, MM and MS, tptb will suffer consequences and repercussions in ratings if they break up Lane.

Doubt Lane would have that great a impact people are tired of whiny Lilly and have been for a very long time.

When MM walked he took over a million and a half fans with him thats a very big hit. Of course some left for Billy also but Billy quit wasn't fired as MM was and MMs fans are the ones who said they would leave and leave they did.

I didnt say anything about a 5. anything the ratings have not hit 4.2 in years and years. When MM first got to going good and Shadam the ratings were lots better then they are now and the buzz. When Mab started with Sictor and Cham the ratings took a nose dive and have been bad every since. When he left the first time there was so much fan uproar they brought him back with SCs help. They have had an occasional day jump to 3.4 or so but nothing great.

Sylviastel

Postby Sylviastel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Quote shalaydra75: Sylviastel-I would never suggest that you like the Winters. I respect that some fans do not like certain characters. I never liked Nikki. I did not like her when I was a teenager in the late 80s and early 90s. I did not like her and Nick when I returned to Y&R in 2007/. I liked Vikki for a New York Minute.

I totally agree with you. It's okay to have favorites! I would never bash Cane/lily & the Winters family overall. They do deserve better. Neil should do better than Hilary who is old enough to be his daughter. The love triangle is uncomfortable viewing. They drag storylines out so long that I don't care like Sharon switching the test results!

MsSuperSuds

Postby MsSuperSuds » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Quote Jackie10:
Quote shalaydra75: Jackie10-Which Month/Year are you referring? The only time that I remember procuring higher 5.7 was when she rode off the LML wave or when she killed Brad and Colleen. Unlike the departure of BM, MM and MS, tptb will suffer consequences and repercussions in ratings if they break up Lane.

Doubt Lane would have that great a impact people are tired of whiny Lilly and have been for a very long time.

When MM walked he took over a million and a half fans with him thats a very big hit. Of course some left for Billy also but Billy quit wasn't fired as MM was and MMs fans are the ones who said they would leave and leave they did.

I didnt say anything about a 5. anything the ratings have not hit 4.2 in years and years. When MM first got to going good and Shadam the ratings were lots better then they are now and the buzz. When Mab started with Sictor and Cham the ratings took a nose dive and have been bad every since. When he left the first time there was so much fan uproar they brought him back with SCs help. They have had an occasional day jump to 3.4 or so but nothing great.

Some viewers liked Sharon with Adam; but just as many folks disliked them together. Those viewers never liked Sharon with a male who had taken her baby at birth & given her to Ashley! AND watch her grieve over a dead or stillborn baby. Both Chadam & Shadam had a fans but neither group is as large or popular as their admirers would have us believe. Neither was or is a ratings grabber!

soaplv

Postby soaplv » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Quote MsSuperSuds: Ratings Report: Week of August 4-8, 2014

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to let Year

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,438,000 (+57,000/-82,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/11 (same/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 673,000 (-49,000/-113,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.1/8 (same/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 179,000 (-14,000/-66,000)
2. GH 178,000 (+16,000/-17,000)
3. B&B 167,000 (+12,000/-33,000)
4. DAYS 147,000 (+12,000/-2,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. B&B 0.5 (same/-.1)
1. GH 0.5 (same/-.1)
1. Y&R 0.5 (-.1/-.2)
4. DAYS 0.4 (same/same)

Women 25-54 Viewers
1. Y&R 1,038,000 (-41,000/-75,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
1. Y&R 1.7 (-.1/-.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,697,000
Tuesday: 3.3/4,611,000
Wednesday: 3.2/4,401,000
Thursday: 3.0/4,126,000
Friday: 3.2/4,355,000

Losses appear in all demographics shown above; yet there is an increase in the overall household viewership. How can that happen unless there is some magical formular or demographic to which we are not privileged to see. I am always baffled by that. Perhaps males or another age group who watch the show are counted but not shown in our ratings. Anyway, the overall household ratings are the same as last week; AND Y&R remains #1 in each category shown. Even though Y&R still has the most viewers in the 18-49 category, it is the only soap showing a loss of viewers for the week. Thus it is tied with both GH and B&B for the #1 spot while Days falls woefully behind. Y&R is still underperforming last years tally in viewers for the same period of time.

I am still not watching on a daily basis; but I have watched two episodes in the last few weeks. I still do not like most of what is presented on screen. I have read descriptions calling the show & its storylines ridiculous! unbalanced! CORNY! Disgusting! BORING wins by a landslide! Some parts of Y&R reminds me of poorly done slapstick comedy! A fight between Harding & Kevin? Why make all that noise for nothing! Or some supposedly sexual undertones & innuendo between Harding & Courtney Or Courtney & Noah? What a horrible triangle! Kelly & Jack have absolutely no romantic chemistry or connection to one another. These couples feel like they are trying to connect to each other from outer space to each other! Sharon/Nick/Mariah should not be a triangle! Stitch/Vikki/nuBilly/Chelsea? What a ludicrous quadrangle! Devon/Hilary/Neil? What can I say? Neil needs a mature, feisty woman with a strong personality! I am not pining to see either Neil Winters or Nikki Newman slip off the wagon of teetotalers; but I know its coming! The talents of both Jess Walton & Tristan Rogers have been wasted on Y&R! Whatever happened to their story with Cane, Lily, Bonaventure and Chancellor Industries is still a mystery!BUT serious business stories are missing and need to be ressurrecte ASAP! After all, how much more of the WTD,impulsive sexcapades, cheating, backstabbing, meddling, murder are viewers expected to take?

Anyway, I will let you supply your own thoughts about Y&R! Please post if you feel the need to make your thoughts known to us! We would love to read what you think about Y&R today!

www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/08/ratings-gh-days-women-18-49-viewers#more-38894#ixzz3AUBLxED3

I was just in on a discussion about the good old 'Colonade Room'...I compared it to the Greats of Europe... The Crillion, The Savoy, Maximes!
The writer's need to bring back some glam...I am sorry but Niki just doesn't do it any more, Victor still has it..you need to bring back Diane or maybe Grace could hook up with Victor...Niki is following in the footsteps of Matriarch like Catherine...maybe she should be on her own..and become this new persona for the YR .... let Victor have the old money retired life, overseeing affectionally and let Jack be the new Victor, I hate to play the race card but give Neil top job too and he and Jack can be the two ongoing battleing duo, in business...in morals, in their backgrounds, Neil worked his way up from Harlem, and of course Jack always had a silver spoon...but Lily has to earn her place in life like her father and Drucella did, she is spoiled needs to have some financial difficulties and grow up....that's all for now folks.

MsSuperSuds

Postby MsSuperSuds » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Just read a tweet from NB that JFP re-signed her contract w/ Y&R. I wonder if there is truth or rumor in that bit of info or if NB TRYING TO SELL MORE COPIES OF HIS on-line BLOG??? Will wait for mainstream soap mags to pick up the info before I believe this.

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:23 pm

I have a feeling this could change soon. Y&R is making some very good casting moves. New Chadam is going to be off the hook hot! Now if we can get better writing for Lane, Ausum and Noah/Courtney, Y&R could start getting the viewers it's needs.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:41 pm

Quote Jackie10:

I love debating on boards, but debating easily accessible facts is ludicrous. MsSuperSuds has given the source for her information. Her source and several others chronicle soap ratings, thus giving and opinion about ratings is specious. In other words, the statement in italic is absolutely, unequivocally false. I read that MM last day was on January 30. There is only 250,000 fewer viewers from January 30 and January 31. Moreover, the following Monday had more Viewers than January 30. In addition, as late as middle March, Y&R had more viewers than it had the previous year when MM was hogging up the airtime.

People who constantly post on boards have time to do so. Many viewers do not have time to do; therefore, board posters' comments do not represent the majority of the viewers. The firing of DG was an example of this. I remember when most board posters claimed that the Cane character was useless and should be killed. Poor, unqualified MAB took them seriously and killed him. DG is back because ratings really did collapse when he left. Let them fire CK, if B&B continue on its trajectory, it will be the number 1 soap. MAB blew Y&R's lead from 2 million to under a million.

TPTB want soaps gone; that is why they do not review ratings for themselves. If they did, they will realize that board posts, especially hateful posts, are meaningless.

I am still asking, which months were Shadam together? According to ratings, the January snowstorm which produced a highest ratings (4.0) in 5 years.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 am

Quote Sylviastel:
Quote shalaydra75: Sylviastel-I would never suggest that you like the Winters. I respect that some fans do not like certain characters. I never liked Nikki. I did not like her when I was a teenager in the late 80s and early 90s. I did not like her and Nick when I returned to Y&R in 2007/. I liked Vikki for a New York Minute.

I totally agree with you. It's okay to have favorites! I would never bash Cane/lily & the Winters family overall. They do deserve better. Neil should do better than Hilary who is old enough to be his daughter. The love triangle is uncomfortable viewing. They drag storylines out so long that I don't care like Sharon switching the test results!

ITA!! I thought the triangle should have been Devon, Tyler and HilAnn. Neil would have been the peacemaker between Lily and Devon while dealing with his own triangle with Leslie and the doctor. The problem is Tyler only function was to break up Lane, thus writers did not think about fleshing out his character. In response to some fans complaining about racism, writers hurriedly placed Tyler with Abby without setting up real romance.

MsSuperSuds

Postby MsSuperSuds » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:25 am

Quote Galazz: I have a feeling this could change soon. Y&R is making some very good casting moves. New Chadam is going to be off the hook hot! Now if we can get better writing for Lane, Ausum and Noah/Courtney, Y&R could start getting the viewers it's needs.

I hope you are right; b/c the audience is shrinking as we post. Some like what they see & many don't. JFP is re-stocking the show w/ the same old screen hogs: oldCassiariah, oldGrace Turner, nuBilly, NuPhyllis, & now nuAdam! I forgot oldMalcolm is coming back to save the show for a couple of days in September. And oldAshley is returning soon. Am I leaving out anybody? Hopefully there will be some wiggle room for a good LANE story. Or for Jill/Colin, Lauren/Michael, etc. If the writing doesn't improve, there isn't any reason for casting newbies to play all of these characters!

Keep in mind that every good-looking, charismatic, competent or popular actor/actress who is hired to play a role on Y&R DOES NOT NECESSARILY FIT THE SHOW! Y&R has it's own flavor to which it's fans have become accustomed & not just anyone will do! This audience is generally a bit more picky or selective than for other soaps.

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:45 pm

Quote MsSuperSuds:
Quote Galazz: I have a feeling this could change soon. Y&R is making some very good casting moves. New Chadam is going to be off the hook hot! Now if we can get better writing for Lane, Ausum and Noah/Courtney, Y&R could start getting the viewers it's needs.

I hope you are right; b/c the audience is shrinking as we post. Some like what they see & many don't. JFP is re-stocking the show w/ the same old screen hogs: oldCassiariah, oldGrace Turner, nuBilly, NuPhyllis, & now nuAdam! I forgot oldMalcolm is coming back to save the show for a couple of days in September. And oldAshley is returning soon. Am I leaving out anybody? Hopefully there will be some wiggle room for a good LANE story. Or for Jill/Colin, Lauren/Michael, etc. If the writing doesn't improve, there isn't any reason for casting newbies to play all of these characters!

Keep in mind that every good-looking, charismatic, competent or popular actor/actress who is hired to play a role on Y&R DOES NOT NECESSARILY FIT THE SHOW! Y&R has it's own flavor to which it's fans have become accustomed & not just anyone will do! This audience is generally a bit more picky or selective than for other soaps.

We disagree on some things, but I am so sick of the same characters going around in circles. It's soooo boring. That's why I quit watching the show a couple of times before. I was ready to quit but the main reason I am still watching are the newbies. Summer, Austin, Chelsea, Ben and the return of Phyllis and hot hot hot new Adam!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”