Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Galazz

Re: Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Postby Galazz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:21 pm

The newbies are the charades that I tune in, with the exception of Phyllis. Shick, Niktor, Paul, Jack, Kevin are a complete bore to me.

pdames4

Postby pdames4 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:50 pm

All soaps are basically corny and I have been watching for over 50 years with the exception of taking a hiatus last year because the NONE of the writing for any of the storylines was to my liking. NOT ONE!!! I actually am enjoying most of these story lines now. If I did not like them, I would not be on a board posting about them...that's just my general consensus. They cannot please everybody who watches. I generally will pick the storylines that I do like and just sigh and say "Oh Well".....to the ones I don't like. I realize that for every ONE that I don't like, there is an audience somewhere who does like it. ...There are too may folks watching for the writers to please EVERYONE and the writers know that.....I would just be happy if Hilary beat Lily senseless and she would stop all her whining for at least one month. However, as much as I want to slap her across the face, I still watch. I really enjoyed it when Cane told her he ould not stand all the DRAMA...that was the most realistic scene I had the pleasure of watching in ages.

lindaj18

Postby lindaj18 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Quote mayre: I pretty much kick my own butt for wasting my time watching it- control is all mine- I FF through much of it..I am just waiting for Adam to exonerated then I can stop watching completely-

I completely agree with you. I don't know why I watch, just habit. I missed three days because I had guests in town, and I have to admit, it was refreshing.

I've signed up for classes that begin in September, just so I can put myself on another path. I just can't watch this anymore, and when I go through the list of any story I really care about, there are none.

I think they'll cancel Y&R very soon. They just don't have the staff who understand the history of the show and what good reveal writing is all about. It's sad and I will miss the old Y&R. I did a checklist that was the defining factor for me;

Nick & Sharon care a little Michael & Lauren/care a little

Paul care a little

Nikki, Victor, Summer, Austin, Jill, Colin, Courtney, Noah, Dylan, Avery, Jack, Phyllis, Harding, Kevin, Abby, Leslie, Stitch, Victoria, Billy, Chelsea Conor, Adam's hand,Cray-Cray Kelly, Ian ,Helen, Mariah even poor dear Esther. DON"T CARE !

It's time to stop wasting a good God-given day on mindless drivel. Think I'll go for a swim instead.

TiaB

Postby TiaB » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Quote lindaj18:
Quote mayre: I pretty much kick my own butt for wasting my time watching it- control is all mine- I FF through much of it..I am just waiting for Adam to exonerated then I can stop watching completely-

I completely agree with you. I don't know why I watch, just habit. I missed three days because I had guests in town, and I have to admit, it was refreshing.

I've signed up for classes that begin in September, just so I can put myself on another path. I just can't watch this anymore, and when I go through the list of any story I really care about, there are none.

I think they'll cancel Y&R very soon. They just don't have the staff who understand the history of the show and what good reveal writing is all about. It's sad and I will miss the old Y&R. I did a checklist that was the defining factor for me;

Nick & Sharon care a little Michael & Lauren/care a little

Paul care a little

Nikki, Victor, Summer, Austin, Jill, Colin, Courtney, Noah, Dylan, Avery, Jack, Phyllis, Harding, Kevin, Abby, Leslie, Stitch, Victoria, Billy, Chelsea Conor, Adam's hand,Cray-Cray Kelly, Ian ,Helen, Mariah even poor dear Esther. DON"T CARE !

It's time to stop wasting a good God-given day on mindless drivel. Think I'll go for a swim instead.

You read my mind! I was just thinking that if I went to the gym for the last 30+ years for an hour instead of watching this silly soap my thighs would be wonderful! :-)

CountyWaterford

Postby CountyWaterford » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Aaha, I actually think the "crap" you refer to and ITA would be more interesting to watch than the show. At least we know: 1.) it would not take as long to meet its end; 2.) we would know the end of the s/l (unless this bunch of writers got ahold of the crap first) without having to wait a year or more! :-)

Sunshineflower

Postby Sunshineflower » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:04 pm

On Fridays show, Victor said to Nikki "enough of this garbage already". I couldn't agree more.

jkfifjfjfjvfjvf

Postby jkfifjfjfjvfjvf » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:42 pm

I FF all Summer and her new husband...whatever his name is

jkfifjfjfjvfjvf

Postby jkfifjfjfjvfjvf » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:45 pm

I agree. I used to watch it with my husband. Now he won't even look at it. I watch it about once a week now. Not much going on. Only storyline that I liked was that Dylan was Pauls son....other than that....nothing. Boring Boring. Since the little girl died and and they dragged that out....I could not stand it.

pondie

Postby pondie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:58 pm

On the contrary... I think it needs to go more over the top. The stories seem too pedestrian and boring. Where is the imagination and drama that people watch soaps for?

I'd also bring back the old mood music :p The new stuff doesn't do it for me.

spiritual7djs

Postby spiritual7djs » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:55 am

Everything seems out of step, either too fast or too slow. Some s/l they just drop, like Bonaventure and others are rushed like all of the weddings that have taken place in the 6 months that make absolutely no sense. Jack will be marrying Kelly in the next 2 weeks and Phyllis will be at the wedding. This wedding will have a room full of people we don't recognize that will make it all the more ridiculous.

I think the stories don't focus on business like they used to now it's all kinds of baby daddy crap and characters we just don't like or know. If we had just one story line we could sink our teeth in that felt somewhat real it would be great.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”