Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
heidiyrfan

Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Postby heidiyrfan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:56 am

Does anyone else laugh/cringe when they watch these storylines lately? They seem so corny! It seems like the storylines are going bad but also the way they are acted out. It seems like the actors and actresses are about to burst out laughing at any minute.

The Nikki/Paul/Christine ones and the Hillary/Neil/Lily/Devon ones are the worst!

I must admit some of my favorite storylines lately have to do with Summer/Victoria/Dylan/Stitch/Nick&Sharon/Mariah.

It is pretty sad that most of these are newer characters except Nick&Sharon! I hope the writers are not doing this on purpose to phase us off some of the longer standing characters.

dawn888

Re: Does anybody just laugh at how corny this show is.

Postby dawn888 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:40 am

yes its very corny and stupid lately. We can all predict whats going to happen in every single storyline.

cavi

Postby cavi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:55 am

I'd laugh...if I weren't crying. :-)

simplypeachie

Postby simplypeachie » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:25 pm

I FF through any scene containing Summer. IMHO, that is the lamest SL on Y&R currently.

cavi

Postby cavi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Quote simplypeachie: I FF through any scene containing Summer. IMHO, that is the lamest SL on Y&R currently.

I do like romances that are intense with an us-against-the-world quality and I do love some over-the-top romances (like Hope and Wyatt's wedding jump in the ocean yesterday), but in order to be great it has to be very intense and very romantic, not in the middle like Austin and Summer. I prefer realism, but if the stories are going to choose one of the old cliche routes, then I want them to really push the envelope and try making the cliche fresh again.

shssily

Postby shssily » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:06 pm

I fast forward: with Lauren and Michael Summer and Austin - Jill and Colin geesh that's half of the show..

mayre

Postby mayre » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:07 pm

I pretty much kick my own butt for wasting my time watching it- control is all mine- I FF through much of it..I am just waiting for Adam to exonerated then I can stop watching completely-

sassyfrase

Postby sassyfrase » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 pm

I am still waiting on to find out who killed Dee
Have they forgot about it??? Or do they want us too??
So stupid, I never even hear them saying anything about the investigation. So do they just assume Adam did it.

I also read that it would be November before Adam return's.

Why so long??
Well I guess it will be two more years (IF THIS SHOW LAST THAT LONG) before we find out the real killer of Dee!!
My bet is the show won't last that long, with these writers!!
By the way please get rid of Kelly and Stitch, I think these two have stirred up enough Already and let them PLEASE take LILY with them. I couldn't stop lolling when the DR let Hilary go in first to see Neil. That look on Lily's face was worth the whole show.

zahzoo

Postby zahzoo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Quote heidiyrfan: Does anyone else laugh/cringe when they watch these storylines lately? They seem so corny! It seems like the storylines are going bad but also the way they are acted out. It seems like the actors and actresses are about to burst out laughing at any minute.

The Nikki/Paul/Christine ones and the Hillary/Neil/Lily/Devon ones are the worst!

I must admit some of my favorite storylines lately have to do with Summer/Victoria/Dylan/Stitch/Nick&Sharon/Mariah.

It is pretty sad that most of these are newer characters except Nick&Sharon! I hope the writers are not doing this on purpose to phase us off some of the longer standing characters.

I CAN'T SEE I CAN'T SEE! I CAN'T SEE how I'm way too old for my wife! I CAN'T SEE!!!

Noooo. Not corny at all lol!!! :D

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:00 pm

NOOO I am not laughing at all.. I find it very sad that Y&R has become just another stupid soap... no worse than the others.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”