Are the writers setting us up for.....SpoilerTalk.

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Starlight77

Are the writers setting us up for.....SpoilerTalk.

Postby Starlight77 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:15 pm

Mariah turning out to be "Cassie"...and Summer ending up Jacks for good?. Can you imagine the hatred and tension between these two?... Not to mention the maddens on the message board?...It would absolutely explode!..lol.... It would Totally re- ignite that Sharon /Phyllis feud and put Nick back in the middle. Both would be non-biological daughters he raised , in a power struggle for his attention and money.... Y'all get ready ....This is totally possible...Yikes ! What a hot mess that would turn into.. 8) but the rating would be off the charts. 3)

mswadel

Re: Are the writers setting us up for.....SpoilerTalk.

Postby mswadel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:05 pm

hope not but I guess they have to do something as shick did not turn out to be 'ratings gold' like they were purported to be

Starlight77

Postby Starlight77 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Well, I' must confess, I'm not much of a ratings watcher.. So I don't know if any one storyline is the cause to make ratings go up or down , but either way, seems to me that Mariah isn't going any where, and it's quite possible that she will indeed be connected to Shick. With that being said, because Summers Paternity isn't iron clad, and Sharon not sure what she may or May not have done, they will have to get another paternity test to settle it who Summers Father is. IF Summer ends up remaining Jacks child, and Mariah some how really being Cassie, (I know, I know, we all watched Cassie die,) but the writers are making a point to show that Sharon is naturally inclined to have a connection with her and all this talk about family. That would then set up a host of drama between Summer and Cassie/Mariah, which they already hinted at, as well as Phyllis still reminding Nick that he is the father that raised Summer..yada yada, yada, as well as Sharon pushing Nick to bond with Mariah/Cassie ,which we've already seen, but if she turns out to be Sharon's blood, then Sharon will be even more determined to see them bond, and keep her family together.
It could all be very interesting. ;)

APRIL JOY

Postby APRIL JOY » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Cassie would been like 14 when she died. If Mariah turns out to be cassie wouldn't she know who she is.I think maybe she is cassie twin and Sharon was under when she gave birth but due to Doris Sharon was never told there was twins.I like to see Summer stay Jack's bio child.he and Phyllis will share that bond .Kelly has a hard time as it is but when Phyllis returns and Jack deals with both Phyllis and Kelly.we will see how Kelly deals with it all.Phyllis might remember and Nick will stand by ShAron for she was off her meds and sick.as this is going on Mariah comes up and its the same day as cassie.as they dig into Mariah past .DNA is done on Sumner once more that is proven Jack is her father.as time pass Kelly find a it hard to see Phyllis.to see the growing bond between them.

Starlight77

Postby Starlight77 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Quote APRIL JOY: Cassie would been like 14 when she died. If Mariah turns out to be cassie wouldn't she know who she is.I think maybe she is cassie twin and Sharon was under when she gave birth but due to Doris Sharon was never told there was twins.I like to see Summer stay Jack's bio child.he and Phyllis will share that bond .Kelly has a hard time as it is but when Phyllis returns and Jack deals with both Phyllis and Kelly.we will see how Kelly deals with it all.Phyllis might remember and Nick will stand by ShAron for she was off her meds and sick.as this is going on Mariah comes up and its the same day as cassie.as they dig into Mariah past .DNA is done on Sumner once more that is proven Jack is her father.as time pass Kelly find a it hard to see Phyllis.to see the growing bond between them.

So true. Not sure how they'd pull it off without all of us raising sand about it, but I do know anything is possible in soap land,...and regardless of how it happens, they are definitely giving Sharon a daughter back. Too many anvils dropping for there to be no biological connection to Sharon at all.
Ian said he has a bombshell that they will never see coming...maybe somehow he replaced Cassie's body with another corpse, and keep her hidden away all this time brainwashed her so she has no memories, only what he has told her. ~) :| 8)

yungatheart

Postby yungatheart » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:00 pm

I have read the posts on Sharon having had twins but am confused. I don't have the entire story around Sharon's pregnancy. She wasn't a Newman right?? So I am not sure how Ian fits in the picture when Sharon had Cassie since all he cares about is money.

xjustbestrong

Postby xjustbestrong » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:18 am

Nick is the father of Summer, not Jack

mswadel

Postby mswadel » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:29 am

I agree with that, Summer's Nick's, but I wish to hell they wouldn't have brought Mariah to the story.

mswadel

Postby mswadel » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:30 am

I agree with that, Summer's Nick's, but I wish to hell they wouldn't have brought Mariah to the story.

habbyfan

Postby habbyfan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:20 am

[quote]Quote Starlight77: Well, I' must confess, I'm not much of a ratings watcher.. So I don't know if any one storyline is the cause to make ratings go up or down , but either way, seems to me that Mariah isn't going any where, and it's quite possible that she will indeed be connected to Shick. With that being said, because Summers Paternity isn't iron clad, and Sharon not sure what she may or May not have done, they will have to get another paternity test to settle it who Summers Father is. IF Summer ends up remaining Jacks child, and Mariah some how really being Cassie, (I know, I know, we all watched Cassie die,) but the writers are making a point to show that Sharon is naturally inclined to have a connection with her and all this talk about family. That would then set up a host of drama between Summer and Cassie/Mariah, which they already hinted at, as well as Phyllis still reminding Nick that he is the father that raised Summer..yada yada, yada, as well as Sharon pushing Nick to bond with Mariah/Cassie ,which we've already seen, but if she turns out to be Sharon's blood, then Sharon will be even more determined to see them bond, and keep her family together.
It could all be very interesting. ;)[/quote

FL Senior has a theory which would fit in with yours ...

Mariah is a half sister of Cassie, daughter of Frank Burritt
and a different mother ... It would explain the likeness ...
if it goes that way Sharon and Nick have no blood connection
with Mariah but decided to take her under their care and treat her like family ...

Summer being Jack's can you just imagine the feud between
them and Phyllis vs Sharon for Nicks attention ...

Return to “The Young and the Restless”