Summer and Austin - Together forever?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Galazz

Re: Summer and Austin - Together forever?

Postby Galazz » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:39 pm

I am looking forward to seeing Summer, Phyllis and Austin interact.

CountyWaterford

Postby CountyWaterford » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:01 pm

OK, we know the writers have a serious problem with imagination and skill with all the people on Y&R, but as of today could the new word be plagiarism? The Summer/Austin Christmas gift storyline was a movie on Hallmark year before last and last year. Young couple married, everyone said no way it would last, they were "really broke!" Far from loaded like Summer is! Lived in small, dingy apartment (unlike S&A). They sold something dear to them to buy the other a very important gift for Christmas! And I do think it may have been a lens for a camera for the girl and a steering wheel for the guy. He was re-doing an old car, sold it to buy the lens, she sold the camera to buy the steering wheel. The movie had much more effect than today's show with Summer and Austin! We deserve so much better than the crap we are getting now! >)

cavi

Postby cavi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:26 pm

Quote CountyWaterford: OK, we know the writers have a serious problem with imagination and skill with all the people on Y&R, but as of today could the new word be plagiarism? The Summer/Austin Christmas gift storyline was a movie on Hallmark year before last and last year. Young couple married, everyone said no way it would last, they were "really broke!" Far from loaded like Summer is! Lived in small, dingy apartment (unlike S&A). They sold something dear to them to buy the other a very important gift for Christmas! And I do think it may have been a lens for a camera for the girl and a steering wheel for the guy. He was re-doing an old car, sold it to buy the lens, she sold the camera to buy the steering wheel. The movie had much more effect than today's show with Summer and Austin! We deserve so much better than the crap we are getting now! >)

I've seen the old O. Henry story "Gift of the Magi" used in TV stories over the years, but, yeah, using the lens as gift from the movie was pretty coincidental, at the very least. I love watching Hallmark during the Xmas season and had actually been thinking that YR had stolen from another of their holiday movies. I don't know the name of the movie, but in it a daughter has cancer and the family decides to move all the holidays up so that she can celebrate them, starting with Halloween. (I just looked it up. It's called "The November Christmas.")

adamfan

Postby adamfan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Ausum says it all !

adamfan

Postby adamfan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:01 pm

great name.. ausum :)

Charlie h

Postby Charlie h » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:02 pm

Todays show with Christmas was way too sappy......yikes!

cavi

Postby cavi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:30 pm

I hated Summer's hair. Her hair curled always looks so boring and aging. Last week she wore it straight and it also appeared shorter and it was very current and youthful. I don't know why the show gives her the conservative girly-girl treatment with the curls. It's so blah.

CountyWaterford

Postby CountyWaterford » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:34 pm

You're right Cavi - used in "The November Christmas" as well! I love their Christmas in July weekends, then starting in October through early January. Had to watch Home Alone I and II this weekend twice and laugh myself silly... I turn the a/c down LOW, (we are still wearing shorts here on Christmas Day), get the blanket, popcorn, hot cocoa and my Jack Russell cuddles and we watch movies - he barks at the Elves, not the reindeer, go figure... :-)

cavi

Postby cavi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Quote CountyWaterford: You're right Cavi - used in "The November Christmas" as well! I love their Christmas in July weekends, then starting in October through early January. Had to watch Home Alone I and II this weekend twice and laugh myself silly... I turn the a/c down LOW, (we are still wearing shorts here on Christmas Day), get the blanket, popcorn, hot cocoa and my Jack Russell cuddles and we watch movies - he barks at the Elves, not the reindeer, go figure... :-)

How funny. There was this one movie shown where Mrs. Claus goes to be a nanny or housekeeper for a family with parents considering divorce. Santa comes looking for her with the help of his head elf. I have to wonder if your dog barked at that movie!

Did you see the movie about the three brothers whose sister's daughter comes to live with them? Her parents have died. She doesn't speak now. Then she sees a new toy store's doll house and is entranced. One brother falls in love with the store owner. I love that one!

CountyWaterford

Postby CountyWaterford » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:04 pm

Oh Cavi we are OT ;( , Mrs. Claus went to NYC, Santa found her atop the Empire State Bldg; the 3 brothers remodeled the 3 story Victorian house - just saw that one a few weeks ago. I loved it too! We all know Austin isn't going anywhere, I imagine all the jail cells in GC are empty and Paul should be afraid, wonder why the Bug doesn't prosecute Austin? She is the Prosecutor, Summer helped him - so she should go down too! Of course, Billy Boy took Adam at gunpoint and got by with it! Lord, the Bug could get jealous of Nikki and off Paul and skate by the system. Paul, Paul be afraid very afraid, Christine could get P.O.'d at you...

Return to “The Young and the Restless”