Summer and Austin - Together forever?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
tother tinks

Re: Summer and Austin - Together forever?

Postby tother tinks » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:26 pm

They tried to have Summer and Fenn more than once and they just had zero chemistry together, so it would never work and we agree on that.

This whole Austin storyline seemed totally last minute and thrown together. It is too rushed, and they are not good enough actors to make it look like effortless passion, which is how it has to look based on how much time they've known each other. Part of the young love plots soaps use over the summer is you have to believe them as a couple and I don't. They look uncomfortable. The story is cheesy, not romantic.

The only one she even remotely fit with was/is Kyle.

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Quote tother tinks: They tried to have Summer and Fenn more than once and they just had zero chemistry together, so it would never work and we agree on that.

This whole Austin storyline seemed totally last minute and thrown together. It is too rushed, and they are not good enough actors to make it look like effortless passion, which is how it has to look based on how much time they've known each other. Part of the young love plots soaps use over the summer is you have to believe them as a couple and I don't. They look uncomfortable. The story is cheesy, not romantic.

The only one she even remotely fit with was/is Kyle.

Well folks will hate Summer because one she is Phyllis' daughter and second because she is the reason poor widdle Sharon is going to get her bell rung. Soaps are fighting for their lives. They need young characters, couples and storylines and they need them yesterday! I never saw the writers trying to make Fen and Summer a couple. I saw Fen pining for Summer when she was pining for Kyle!

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Quote FL senior fan: I do like them together; could turn out to be another Nick/Sharon type "young love" that has problems but always goes back together.

IF/WHEN Summer's paternity comes out, however, I'd love to see KYLE RETURN and see how he and Summer deal with not being related...and perhaps Austin will be doing time and Summer get lonesome??? Just saying...could be interesting.

YES! I think Austin/Summer/Kyle would be a great triangle!

The only endgame on tv whether it's daytime for primetime is cancelation.

cavi

Postby cavi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:56 pm

I thought the Summer/Austin scenes were pretty cheesy up until they had sex. After they had sex and Summer realized that all she wanted was to bonk some more, things got cheesy again. But there were a couple scenes after her first time when there was good chemistry and she didn't seem like a dimwit but a real young woman who had entered a new phase of her life. Even Summer's face seemed transformed, matured - it was like she had discovered who she was. Too bad the cheese had to return. The done-so-much-and-cheesier-than-ever-this-time-around perky Hawaiian stuff was really hard to take.

Feliciena

Postby Feliciena » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:59 pm

I keep hoping they will go on a real long honeymoon & forget to come back.
As far as awards, insiders don't know more than we do as it is so much about politics. Some I agree with, some not so much but I don't really care because that is life.

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:14 pm

Quote Feliciena: I keep hoping they will go on a real long honeymoon & forget to come back.
As far as awards, insiders don't know more than we do as it is so much about politics. Some I agree with, some not so much but I don't really care because that is life.

Maybe you will get that great couple Mariah and Kevin. Two misfit, oddballs. Maybe if Fen ever returns he can hang out with them. But back to the beautiful Sumtin or Ausum. The hate that Austin and Summer are getting is NOTHING compared to what Phick got. In fact, I would say it was the haters as much as the lovers that turned a fling into one of Y&R's all time most popular couples! So keep the hate flowing, because you know what they say in Hollywood! There is no such thing as bad press! The only bad press is NO PRESS.

fighterm

Postby fighterm » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Quote Galazz:
Quote Feliciena: I keep hoping they will go on a real long honeymoon & forget to come back.

Maybe you will get that great couple Mariah and Kevin. Two misfit, oddballs. Maybe if Fen ever returns he can hang out with them. But back to the beautiful Sumtin or Ausum. The hate that Austin and Summer are getting is NOTHING compared to what Phick got. In fact, I would say it was the haters as much as the lovers that turned a fling into one of Y&R's all time most popular couples! So keep the hate flowing, because you know what they say in Hollywood! There is no such thing as bad press! The only bad press is NO PRESS.

I did not hate Summer. I hate Austin because he's criminal. Yes, it's a soap, but why did they introduce him as a criminal. Do they want young love to be with a criminal? Do they want the young people admire a criminal? I like Stitch very much, because he did not kill his father, but payed a heavy price. I support him, but not Austin. Austin committed a very serious crime and is back in the streets on bail. Why would Summer or any intelligent woman love a criminal? Makes no sense.

Skyemichelle

Postby Skyemichelle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Quote fighterm:
Quote Galazz:

I did not hate Summer. I hate Austin because he's criminal. Yes, it's a soap, but why did they introduce him as a criminal. Do they want young love to be with a criminal? Do they want the young people admire a criminal? I like Stitch very much, because he did not kill his father, but payed a heavy price. I support him, but not Austin. Austin committed a very serious crime and is back in the streets on bail. Why would Summer or any intelligent woman love a criminal? Makes no sense.
So many characters on this show have been criminals and redeemed themselves. Most all of them really if you think about it. Sweet young love. I love it.

xseannax

Postby xseannax » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Together forever on a soap? :-) I really like them together, and I do see a lot of young Shick. MA is a very good young actor and he has had great scenes with the veterans. I do hope he sticks around and that Summer will be the one woman he keeps going back to.

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:49 pm

Quote Skyemichelle:
Quote fighterm:
Quote Galazz:

So many characters on this show have been criminals and redeemed themselves. Most all of them really if you think about it. Sweet young love. I love it.

This is so true. How many people has Nikki killed? I lost count. If GC citizens are going to be held accountable for their crimes, Faith, Summer, Johnny and the Lane twins will be the only citizens that aren't locked up!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”