Who will be Austin's father?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
CCRfan21

Who will be Austin's father?

Postby CCRfan21 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:11 am

Okay...anytime someone mentions that their dad was not in the picture, it usually means one of our main characters has fathered the child. I personally think it would be hilarious if Paul was Austin's father. Chris would flip :-) Making Michael his dad would be very interesting. Another poster commented he will be an Abbott. Maybe Billy or Jacks child? The possibilities are endless!

Scotia

Re: Who will be Austin's father?

Postby Scotia » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:28 am

Personally I couldn't care less, I am sick of the paternity thing, it's about the only story lines we have had recently. Surely the writers have more imagination than who the father is.

I don't think Austin adds anything to the show but they will probably build a story line around him so that Summer can try to build a relationship with him, but spreads more than her share of misery which seems to be about all she is capable of.

roseofsharon1942

Postby roseofsharon1942 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Maybe he is Victor's. One of his love childs.

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:41 pm

Quote CCRfan21: Okay...anytime someone mentions that their dad was not in the picture, it usually means one of our main characters has fathered the child. I personally think it would be hilarious if Paul was Austin's father. Chris would flip :-) Making Michael his dad would be very interesting. Another poster commented he will be an Abbott. Maybe Billy or Jacks child? The possibilities are endless!

Austin is clearly part Asian, so I don't see Michael. I think he could be Jack's grandson.

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Quote Scotia: Personally I couldn't care less, I am sick of the paternity thing, it's about the only story lines we have had recently. Surely the writers have more imagination than who the father is.

I don't think Austin adds anything to the show but they will probably build a story line around him so that Summer can try to build a relationship with him, but spreads more than her share of misery which seems to be about all she is capable of.

Yes, let's concentrate on Paul, Nikki, Victor, Likey, Christine. That will sure help the plummeting ratings among the 18-49 year olds.

Laurie_AdamNewman21

Postby Laurie_AdamNewman21 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:03 pm

I think Ian is his "father"...in the cult that is. I also think that he might be related to Mariah. Notice that Mariah is after Sharon for money and now Austin is hooked up to Summer, another Newman.

Scotia

Postby Scotia » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Quote Galazz: [quote]Quote Scotia: Personally I couldn't care less, I am sick of the paternity thing, it's about the only story lines we have had recently. Surely the writers have more imagination than who the father is.

I don't think Austin adds anything to the show but they will probably build a story line around him so that Summer can try to build a relationship with him, but spreads more than her share of misery which seems to be about all she is capable of.[/

Yes, let's concentrate on Paul, Nikki, Victor, Likey, Christine. That will sure help the plummeting ratings among the 18-49 year olds.

Hey Galazz, do I detect a hint of sarcasm here?

cards1

Postby cards1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Is Austin supposed to be a long term character?

I personally don't see how. He has stalked and terrorized Avery at gun point and crap the chief of police.

The only place I see him going is jail, IMO it is way to unbelievable if he just gets off Scott free for his crimes, and there is no doubt he did it because we all saw it.

If the writers wanted to keep him around they should have wrote this differently.

talola

Postby talola » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Quote Galazz:
Quote CCRfan21:
Austin is clearly part Asian, so I don't see Michael. I think he could be Jack's grandson.

I don't see that he is part Asian, the actor is of Irish and Native American descent.

Don't like when characters are introduced and connected to core characters to keep them on the show (i.e. Dylan and possibly Mariah).

shuby

Postby shuby » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:36 pm

8) 8) 8) Summer chased after Austin not the other way around and sometime when he is around her he do not seem that interested in her like she is with him. Does anyone else pick that up also.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”