Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Galazz

Re: Enough of Chris and her trying for baby talk

Postby Galazz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Quote twocentsworth: Well, I'm so glad I'm way out of both those age groups...I may have been a late bloomer to watching this soap, but began in 1986 and have been a loyal follower since then and I am over 60, shall we say... 3) P.S. I had my first son at age 36 and my second just before turning 40... ;)

Many women wait to have their children later today and that's fine. We have that choice now. The problem according to that OB/GYN that was talking to Michelle Duggar (and the AMA info) is many women wait to late. If you look at the fertility chart for women it's astounding how much fertility drops after 40 and the chance of a having a baby with serious problems increases greatly.

LJMOM812

Postby LJMOM812 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Quote Galazz:
Quote twocentsworth: Well, I'm so glad I'm way out of both those age groups...I may have been a late bloomer to watching this soap, but began in 1986 and have been a loyal follower since then and I am over 60, shall we say... 3) P.S. I had my first son at age 36 and my second just before turning 40... ;)

Many women wait to have their children later today and that's fine. We have that choice now. The problem according to that OB/GYN that was talking to Michelle Duggar (and the AMA info) is many women wait to late. If you look at the fertility chart for women it's astounding how much fertility drops after 40 and the chance of a having a baby with serious problems increases greatly.

I know they always say that about woman past 35 having difficulty and the babies being born with problems; but, I had three of my four after 35--the last one at 42 and all pregnancies were extremely normal. My babies were also fine with no problems. So I guess my perspective is that if Christine is in her early forties, it is not that far fetched for her to conceive and have a perfectly normal pregnancy.

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Quote LJMOM812:
Quote Galazz:

I know they always say that about woman past 35 having difficulty and the babies being born with problems; but, I had three of my four after 35--the last one at 42 and all pregnancies were extremely normal. My babies were also fine with no problems. So I guess my perspective is that if Christine is in her early forties, it is not that far fetched for her to conceive and have a perfectly normal pregnancy.

Ok. The ages on soaps make me crazy. lol! I assumed Christine (I don't dislike her) was about the same age Phyllis, Danny and that group is mid to late 40's. Anyway, I really doubt the writers will give her a child now that Nikki delivered Dylan. lol

canukfan

Postby canukfan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:11 pm

I am trying to figure out how old Christine is. She moved to GC in 1983 to start her modeling career as a teen. I can't see her younger than 18 to be able to do this. So, this would show her as being at least 48.

Sorry, I think having your first child near 50 or older is a little selfish. She is not thinking the health risks for the baby or the extra stress for Paul who is nearing 60. Got, they will be in a nursing home by the time the child is older.

Just my own opinion - of course.

SueQ

Postby SueQ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Quote villyforever55:
Quote Galazz:
Quote villyforever55: Se hasn't been talking about it that long and I don't see anything wrong with it. Imagine, a woman on this show actually putting her career first until she's in a good place with it, getting married and then deciding she's ready to have a baby with her husband, whom she loves. No accidents, attempts to trap a man, paternity lies or WTD issues. Will wonders never cease?

She is too old to get pregnant, period the end. It is totally ridiculous. Even WITH medical intervention, it's nearly impossible.

No, she's not too old and I hope it works out for her.

She is too old....."she" graduated from high school and started college EXACTLY when I did! She should be 46 or 47..... NOT. A good age for baby making!!!

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:44 pm

No parent knows if they will live to see their child grow up so Paul's age is not a factor. And any questions about Christine's age or potential health risks for her or the baby were answered by her doctor, and the decision to move forward was between Chris, Paul and her doctor. Obviously the answer was "all systems are go". They should just go for it. Dylan being Paul's son not an issue nor should it be.

Paggie

Postby Paggie » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Quote SueQ:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Galazz:
Quote villyforever55: Se hasn't been talking about it that long and I don't see anything wrong with it. Imagine, a woman on this show actually putting her career first until she's in a good place with it, getting married and then deciding she's ready to have a baby with her husband, whom she loves. No accidents, attempts to trap a man, paternity lies or WTD issues. Will wonders never cease?

She is too old to get pregnant, period the end. It is totally ridiculous. Even WITH medical intervention, it's nearly impossible.

No, she's not too old and I hope it works out for her.

She is too old....."she" graduated from high school and started college EXACTLY when I did! She should be 46 or 47..... NOT. A good age for baby making!!!

"Cricket" was 16 when she started on the show in 1986. That would make Christine 44 now. Paul is 54 according to show history.
As has been discussed up thread it is still possible to conceive at that age. It happens IRL and has happened before to characters on the show who have been even older than she is. If they write it- it will come!

IndyFan

Postby IndyFan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:35 am

I think it's perfectly fine for Christine to want a baby, now that she's established and with the right man. However, she needs to stop telling people they were going to try for a baby because it makes her seem insecure. Christine was always so sure of herself before and had every man falling at her feet.....

putinz

Postby putinz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:41 am

Maybe she could die in childbirth.. that would be perfect. >)

Galazz

Postby Galazz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 am

Quote putinz: Maybe she could die in childbirth.. that would be perfect. >)

lol! It is sad or maybe comical how the writers have to come up with these stories. Grandfatherly Jack Abbott doing his impression of a 20 or 30 something man, so hot to trot for Kelly. Lauren (who should be going through menopause) trying to talk Michael into accepting another baby. Now pre menopausal Christine wants to have her first baby. I wonder if the writers are laughing when they are writing this stuff.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”