Really enjoying Y&R these days

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
LJMOM812

Re: Really enjoying Y&R these days

Postby LJMOM812 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Quote Oldsoapie: I'm loving it, too. Fast moving. Good acting. Watched many soaps in my long life. Don't like it? Don't watch it. Period. Bashing writers/actors is just a textual selfie. Showing off - nothing. :(

Great post! I agree. I watch Y&R for the escape and drama. I am not a writer, but it seems like if you are writing for a soap opera, you would not write the stories as you would a real life situation. Real life can be dramatic, but usually it is slow paced and boring. So the scene with Paul, Dylan, Avery, and Austin is written with the idea of drama--not realistic police department procedures. I enjoyed the drama the scene brought. If I wanted a realistic depiction of police department protocol and procedures, I would watch a documentary.

go2girl

Postby go2girl » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Quote dreamer371: No, not enjoying this show at all. I really miss my soap, been watching from day one and now not very much.

That's why I'm liking Shick...love the old scenes that are spliced in occassionally. Plus the old, old, OLD scene of Nikki & Paul in lockeroom: 8) ....that was refreshing to see.

go2girl

Postby go2girl » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Quote frostysmygirl:
Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I am also enjoying it more than I have in a very long time.. I am not a MAB fan.. never have been.

YES ^^^^ ITA Mab is the one who was destroying long time Characters and their personality's. I am enjoying the show more than i have in years!

AND recognizing characters again! 3)

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Quote go2girl:
Quote dreamer371: No, not enjoying this show at all. I really miss my soap, been watching from day one and now not very much.

That's why I'm liking Shick...love the old scenes that are spliced in occassionally. Plus the old, old, OLD scene of Nikki & Paul in lockeroom: 8) ....that was refreshing to see.

That old scene between Paul and Nikki was awesome. I never knew how far their history goes back until I saw that scene. It was refreshing to see, and I hope we get more within this storyline.

Skyemichelle

Postby Skyemichelle » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Quote Nezy:
Quote go2girl:

That old scene between Paul and Nikki was awesome. I never knew how far their history goes back until I saw that scene. It was refreshing to see, and I hope we get more within this storyline.
I bet they show a lot more of those scenes real soon and show just how close they were back then "if" Paul is to turn out to be Dylan's dad.

go2girl

Postby go2girl » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Quote xseannax: Let's see...MAB gave us:
The deaths of Brad, Colleen (and giving her heart to Victor), and Diane Jenkins. Dark-haired dark-eyed Eden Riegel as Heather Stevens. Maura West as Diane Jenkins. She brought in Genie Francis & Debbi Morgan two disasters. She paired Sharon and Victor. She made Catherine's long lost child a boy instead of a girl. She replaced Shemar Moore with Darius McCrary (let's let THAT sink in). She destroyed the characters of Sharon and Adam, both of which JFP has had to work to repair. The list could go on and on. I think people forget just how destructive MAB was.

JFP is Shakespeare in comparison. Veterans are getting storylines again. Sure there have been some losses. MS has been on the brink of leaving for years, it was bound to happen. MR was cut to reoccuring because of budget and she went elsewhere where she could have a contract which is why we have an Abby recast. It was only a matter of time before BM left, if he was working elsewhere he would have gotten a better offer that would have taken him away. MM was his own undoing. EH is a real loss, but at this point we may not know her true motivation for leaving. But JFP has also had her hits. Noah (Robert Adamson) is a total doll and a fine actor. Mishael Morgan (Hillary) is another keeper. Ignacio Serricchio (Chavez). Ray Wise (Ian). She brought back fan fave Camryn Grimes. And while some people may not approve Steve Burton is a "get"...a real big name in the soap world.

Amen to that! My favorite remark was this though:
She replaced Shemar Moore with Darius McCrary (let's let THAT sink in).

mil1973

Postby mil1973 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Thank you! So refreshing to read a positive comment for a change! I'm so tired of all the bashing. Then get off and quit watching already. The haters are what is ruining my soap :0

BigSur

Postby BigSur » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Always loved Y&R....Started watching 1978 Loved the show then...love the show now..Peace To all Y&R fans...HAVE A GRATE DAY... 3) 3) 3)

ruusky

Postby ruusky » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Y&R is a mess. The show is horrible.

ladycam

Postby ladycam » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Those who enjoy the show should keep watching. I read the board but the show bores me too much right now for me to watch.I take a break when am bored. I have very little time to watch TV so am not going to waste time watching something I find boring. So I check the message board for updates and watch base on that.Am not one of the viewers that enjoy all that vintage stuff JFP is doing.Long term viewers probably enjoy the stroll down memory lane. But I'll pass because to me it's boring. So enjoy the show guys :D :D

Return to “The Young and the Restless”