Josh Morrow's latest Interview in SOD. Spoiler included.

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!

Josh Morrow's latest Interview in SOD. Spoiler included.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:10 am

He talks about how happy Nick is to have his wife at his side during this terrible point in his life. Nick is desperatley worried about is sister and caught in the middle of the fight between his parents.

JM also talks about how amazing it was for Nick to fall in love with Phyllis all over again (after he can back with amnesia).

He said it was so great to have the mother of his child supporting him during this terrible time. I'm paraphrasing but that's pretty much what he said.

I saw the clip of tomorrow's show and Nick is holding a sleeping Summer (to cute) at the hospital. Then all the Newmans, including Summer, go in to see Vicky. Nick adores his little girl.

Sunnyflower

Re: Josh Morrow's latest Interview in SOD. Spoiler included.

Postby Sunnyflower » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:17 am

Thanks lonesky.

I really appreciate how you keep us informed of everything that is going on.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:31 am

You are welcome Sunnyflower.

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:59 am

You are welcome lonesky.

Do you know where I can find past ratings information for about the last 2 years or so? You seem to be great at that sort of thing. :-)

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:24 am

Sunnyflower,

Yes, Google soap opera+ ratings. Click on List of US daytime soap opera ratings. The list begins in the early 1950's. It even includes many soaps that have been cancelled (I never even heard of a lot of these shows).

It is really a suprise. I was really suprised to see the kinds of ratings soaps use to get.

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:46 am

Wow thanks!

The year-by-year ratings decline is crazy. I wonder how much longer soaps will continue....

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:32 pm

It is truly amazing. 15 years ago, with the ratings they have now, all the soaps including Y&R would be cancelled.

ILuvNY

Postby ILuvNY » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:41 pm

I don't think that present day ratings are a true reflection of the percentage of viewers. Many more woman are in the work force today then there were even 15 years ago, and there are many who tape/dvr/watch soapnet because they're working when the show airs. I don't think they have any way to determine who is taping the show(s) and watching it/them at a later time.

aden85

Postby aden85 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:43 pm

Quote ILuvNY: I don't think that present day ratings are a true reflection of the percentage of viewers. Many more woman are in the work force today then there were even 15 years ago, and there are many who tape/dvr/watch soapnet because they're working when the show airs. I don't think they have any way to determine who is taping the show(s) and watching it/them at a later time.

true! I hardly watch y&r anymore, for several reasons. I try to catch it on soapnet, but I rarely can do that as well. I rely on spoilers as do alot of other ppl.

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:09 pm

Quote ILuvNY: I don't think that present day ratings are a true reflection of the percentage of viewers. Many more woman are in the work force today then there were even 15 years ago, and there are many who tape/dvr/watch soapnet because they're working when the show airs. I don't think they have any way to determine who is taping the show(s) and watching it/them at a later time.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Ratings only capture the first time airing audience. (That was awkward!)

I know lots of people who record their favourite soap. Lucky for me, I live on the east coast, but get some west coast channels, so I can watch Y&R at 7:00 pm my time, instead of the actual airing time of 4:00 pm.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”