happy thankgiving y&r fans

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
oilersfan11

Re: happy thankgiving y&r fans

Postby oilersfan11 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:00 pm

why should daneil have been invited to lilly's .he's her ex husband for god sake.would you guys wnat your ex husband to be invited to your family dinner

He's no longer part of the family. so what he had no where to go.that's his tuff luck go keep that witch amber company they deserve each other.they get married then amber can leave cane alone

Rquattro

Postby Rquattro » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:13 pm

Quote ILuvNY:
Quote zzyzx:
Quote Rquattro:
Quote Evsmom: At least around our house, Thanksgiving isn't bigger than Christmas. :) I'm not sure but here's a guess...Folks with kids probably stay home on Christmas so the kids can enjoy it at home. They go "over the river and through the woods" to Grandma's house on Thanksgiving. :-) That way they can have big family time for Thanksgiving and close family time at Christmas.

They're both big at our house. Most of our family is within 100 miles or so and it makes it easy to get together. We see more extended family for Christmas than we do at Thanksgiving.

Hope that helps! :-)

Yup, sure does. Thanks hon.

I'm in Canada, but spent 25 years in the US. Thanksgiving always had more importance than Christmas, especially when I was in Florida and California. It's hard to get into Christmas in 80 degree temperatures.

LOL...I often wondered if it made a difference! It seems that as soon as the temperature drops below 50 in the fall, we in the Northeast are gearing up for Christmas! Although, percentage wise, we don't always have a "white Christmas", I guess the cold does add to the feel of the holiday!

I got married at Christmas time and honeymooned in Antiqua. I remember driving from the airport to the resort and seeing all these house with Christmas Lights on them. It was so strange to be in the Christmas spirit wearing shorts and sun screen. I loved it.

ILuvNY

Postby ILuvNY » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:19 pm

Quote Rquattro:
Quote ILuvNY:
Quote zzyzx:
Quote Rquattro:
Quote Evsmom: At least around our house, Thanksgiving isn't bigger than Christmas. :) I'm not sure but here's a guess...Folks with kids probably stay home on Christmas so the kids can enjoy it at home. They go "over the river and through the woods" to Grandma's house on Thanksgiving. :-) That way they can have big family time for Thanksgiving and close family time at Christmas.

They're both big at our house. Most of our family is within 100 miles or so and it makes it easy to get together. We see more extended family for Christmas than we do at Thanksgiving.

Hope that helps! :-)

Yup, sure does. Thanks hon.

I'm in Canada, but spent 25 years in the US. Thanksgiving always had more importance than Christmas, especially when I was in Florida and California. It's hard to get into Christmas in 80 degree temperatures.

LOL...I often wondered if it made a difference! It seems that as soon as the temperature drops below 50 in the fall, we in the Northeast are gearing up for Christmas! Although, percentage wise, we don't always have a "white Christmas", I guess the cold does add to the feel of the holiday!

I got married at Christmas time and honeymooned in Antiqua. I remember driving from the airport to the resort and seeing all these house with Christmas Lights on them. It was so strange to be in the Christmas spirit wearing shorts and sun screen. I loved it.

Perpection is a funny thing...my family in Bermuda love to come here for Christmas. I can remember, when we were kids, the first time they saw snow they ran out in their bare feet and PJs and jump head first into a snow bank!!!

Wickyz

Postby Wickyz » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:27 pm

Quote Sunnyflower: Happy American Thanksgiving!

Just a question - why is it a two day affair in the US? It seems like it is a bigger deal than Christmas, yet there are loads and loads of movies about the Christmas spirit and all that but hardly any about Thanksgiving in comparasion?

I really don't understand.

Because our American Thanksgiving is also a celebration of the start of the christmas season...On Friday we have the official start of Christmas..Known as black Friday...that is when most people start shopping..most stores are on the christmas push and have AWESOME sales...in my opinion..I would rather pay full price and avoid the crowds...I stay home and eat leftover turkey...NO HEADACHES!!

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:54 pm

Quote Wickyz:

Just a question - why is it a two day affair in the US? It seems like it is a bigger deal than Christmas, yet there are loads and loads of movies about the Christmas spirit and all that but hardly any about Thanksgiving in comparasion?

Because our American Thanksgiving is also a celebration of the start of the christmas season...On Friday we have the official start of Christmas..Known as black Friday...that is when most people start shopping..most stores are on the christmas push and have AWESOME sales...in my opinion..I would rather pay full price and avoid the crowds...I stay home and eat leftover turkey...NO HEADACHES!!

LOL. I don't blame you!

It sounds like the equivalent to our Boxing Day, which is the day after Christmas. There are sales everywhere and some people start lining up at 4:00 am for deals on electronics and stuff like that.

I really can't stand it either, but my brother is all over that kind of thing.

Rquattro

Postby Rquattro » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:03 pm

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote Wickyz:

LOL. I don't blame you!

It sounds like the equivalent to our Boxing Day, which is the day after Christmas. There are sales everywhere and some people start lining up at 4:00 am for deals on electronics and stuff like that.

I really can't stand it either, but my brother is all over that kind of thing.

Sunny, I was just coming to post the samething...Hate Boxing Day Crowds...

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:13 pm

I just opt out completely. It is so not worth it for me. Plus, they have the sales all through January anyway, so really, what is the point?

Smudge

Postby Smudge » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:01 pm

Im an American living in Canada now for 6 years. Thanksgiving is only a one day holiday, some people get the Friday off after Thanksgiving and some dont, so its only a one day holiday. Christmas is the biggest holiday for Americans. We dont think about getting into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. In Canada its totally different most people already have their decorations up right now which is strange to me. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October...Can anyone answer that for me? I celebrate both Thanksgivings...

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Quote Smudge: Im an American living in Canada now for 6 years. Thanksgiving is only a one day holiday, some people get the Friday off after Thanksgiving and some dont, so its only a one day holiday. Christmas is the biggest holiday for Americans. We dont think about getting into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. In Canada its totally different most people already have their decorations up right now which is strange to me. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October...Can anyone answer that for me? I celebrate both Thanksgivings...

Our Thanksgiving is earlier because our growing season is shorter. Thanksgiving was held traditionally after the last harvest of the growing season, I do believe, and our last harvest is in October sometime. That is when you would thank the Lord for your bounty and all that - when the food is plenty.

I hope this helps!

Rquattro

Postby Rquattro » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Quote Smudge: Im an American living in Canada now for 6 years. Thanksgiving is only a one day holiday, some people get the Friday off after Thanksgiving and some dont, so its only a one day holiday. Christmas is the biggest holiday for Americans. We dont think about getting into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. In Canada its totally different most people already have their decorations up right now which is strange to me. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October...Can anyone answer that for me? I celebrate both Thanksgivings...

I am Canadian born and raised (except for the Italian part), and I don't get people who put their decorations up so early either :-) :-)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”