Re-opening anti-character zones.

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
calliope

Re: Re-opening anti-character zones.

Postby calliope » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Quote PixiePower:
Quote calliope:
Quote PixiePower:
Quote mswadel: wouldn't that be the same as censonship? this is still a free country and no one should be told which thread they can or cannot enter with a blanket statement as to 'fans not allowed'; censorship like that is not needed on a board that only speaks of characters, not real people; when my fave is bashed as the actor I notify the admin and they take care of it. We are all guilty of unkind words and all are supposedly adult so with admins position if you know it will offend you don't enter that thread. thanks for re-opening the threads!

No it is not censorship.It is common sense.If the fans of the bashed character are not allowed into the thread to agrue with the bashers there will be no trouble same as a basher going into a non bash thread.It cuts down on the fighting which is all the bash threads are is to bait a fan into posting so they can agrue with them.This takes that away.

How would that be monitored? Would Mods be expected to know which poster is a fan of which character and monitor every post? We are all adults, we are able to ignore if someone does that. I have seen it happen often in a bash thread. For every character. Ignore is the way to handle it.If baiters are in your bash thread, report it.
My iPad likes gaiters better than baiter!

How would you know a fan is in a bash thread?Gee I guess they would be in there defending the character that is being bashed. ~)

You are talking like they should not be allowed to enter. There is no way to stop someone from entering any thread. I repeat...if they bait, you report.

PixiePower

Postby PixiePower » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Quote Sunnyflower: People who aren't non-fans are not allowed to go into bash threads and fight with the posters in there. It is strictly for bashing. Just like the non-bash threads are only for fans.

The expectation is that people behave like adults and don't read what they don't want to see. There is nothing the mods can do if people insist on reading them anyway. :~

I don't see any disclaimers on some of the bash threads.All I was saying is maybe the Mods should put that in the title of each one and come in every now and then and post a warning is all I meant.Some posters may be new and they would not know that.Good to see they have done that on some of the bash threads.Happy Bashing!!! :D

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Quote PixiePower:
Quote Sunnyflower: People who aren't non-fans are not allowed to go into bash threads and fight with the posters in there. It is strictly for bashing. Just like the non-bash threads are only for fans.

The expectation is that people behave like adults and don't read what they don't want to see. There is nothing the mods can do if people insist on reading them anyway. :~

I don't see any disclaimers on some of the bash threads.All I was saying is maybe the Mods should put that in the title of each one and come in every now and then and post a warning is all I meant.Some posters may be new and they would not know that.Good to see they have done that on some of the bash threads.Happy Bashing!!! :D

Fair enough!

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Quote PixiePower:
Quote Layngel: I think the bash threads are fine, but the problem I noticed is that the other threads that are not bash threads turn into them. Maybe if the bash threads are open, bashing can occur there and stay out of normal threads.

A lot of times the title and OP is one thing, but by page 2 or 3 it turns into just another bash thread with no real content. I stay out of the bash threads that I know will bug me, but when I just go to post in another one, and see the same it gets hard. That would be my only complaint and just my opinion.

That is true Layngel.If the bashers have their very own threads and the fans are not allowed in them,then that should take care of the problem.Then they would have their very own thread to bash away and not get banned and would not be allowed to bash in the other threads,only the designated bash ones..The other posters would be spared reading nasty posts about their favorites and everyone will be happy,the Mods I would imagine most of all. :)

I think it would be good to have the bash threads for people to feel safe to bash, I agree.

What I have noticed, is there can be a thread about Summer..or Fen, or some sl..and by page 2 or 3 it turns into a lets say...Phyllis vs Sharon thing. It is really not what the original post is about.

Even that might be ok, but it just turns into name calling or just saying "so and so is pathetic or whatever". To me it just gets repetitive. I know we are supposed to avoid threads and posts that upset us, but that gets hard when the same negative posts are in so many threads. I am not sure exactly what or what is not allowed...but I think the thread is supposed to stay on topic if I understand the rules correctly.

So maybe having a place to vent frustration to a character is a good thing.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:48 pm

I have noticed that. I have been in threads that are pro a certain character, and if a baiter comes in it is taken care of quickly.

lvsdasnow

Postby lvsdasnow » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:03 pm

I really appreciate the Mods giving us the opportunity to speak here. Expressing our concerns is a great relief sometimes.

The one thing that bothers me is We can have a really good topic going on in a Thread then, all of a sudden, someone will come in, start cutting us down (or the subject) and then the Mods have no choice but to close the Thread down.
To me, that is not fair. I hope in the future, the post is removed and not the whole Thread if it is a good Thread.
Baiters really do work this board.
Well, once again, this is my two cents worth and thanks for letting me say my peace.

Soaps Admin

Postby Soaps Admin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:06 pm

PixiePower Yes we can do that. As long as it says 'no fans' in the title people should understand. People generally know to stay out of those threads if they do not belong there. If you see no disclaimers let us know and we can fix those.

mswadel No it's not censorship the way you are thinking. It has nothing to do with this being a free country. This is a private site and we chose to allow the public to post here. You should read our guidelines and privacy policy on this for more information. We will still take care of any issues you have.

Calliope we don't know which fans are fans of certain characters. There are too many fans but we can read all posts by each individual and we can tell from their posts who they like or dislike. Of course if they create a bad post in a thread we can tell by that. If they go into that thread just to talk even if they dislike the character, as long as they are not bashing the character we see no issue.

Kyun the word Phaters is something we saw today and are actively ensuring it is not used again. It is against guidelines. Some people do not want to stick to a no bash or bash zone, preferring to debate about their loved or hated character. That is why they go into other threads.

I will leave the thread open for now and one of us mods will try to answer any other questions when we get time. We appreciate all of your posts. The feedback is all very helpful. Thank-you.

Admin

weatherholt3

Postby weatherholt3 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:46 pm

It was but wasn't the bashing that really bother me, I got to know the names of the basher's and I would just ignore their thread. My problem was that there was certain posters that went in every thread and bashed nasty thing about character and sometimes the actor's over and over in one thread instead of going in state what they had to say and leave it at that, they would say basically the same thing five or six times in the same thread but would just use different nasty words. That was my problem, bashing thread doesn't bother me I just stay out of them.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:57 pm

Quote weatherholt3: It was but wasn't the bashing that really bother me, I got to know the names of the basher's and I would just ignore their thread. My problem was that there was certain posters that went in every thread and bashed nasty thing about character and sometimes the actor's over and over in one thread instead of going in state what they had to say and leave it at that, they would say basically the same thing five or six times in the same thread but would just use different nasty words. That was my problem, bashing thread doesn't bother me I just stay out of them.

That has been my issue as well.

Sonni

Postby Sonni » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:24 pm

Quote Layngel:
Quote weatherholt3: It was but wasn't the bashing that really bother me, I got to know the names of the basher's and I would just ignore their thread. My problem was that there was certain posters that went in every thread and bashed nasty thing about character and sometimes the actor's over and over in one thread instead of going in state what they had to say and leave it at that, they would say basically the same thing five or six times in the same thread but would just use different nasty words. That was my problem, bashing thread doesn't bother me I just stay out of them.

That has been my issue as well.

I totally agree with you. It gets frustrating sifting through the repetitious posts.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”