Sharon's secret DNA Switch Faith not Summer

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
yrfan00

Re: Sharon's secret DNA Switch Faith not Summer

Postby yrfan00 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Quote laurie6: Actually, They only tested Sharon and Ashley no men were tested. They assumed Nick was the father from the dna test only Sharon saw. There is no rewrite Faith has 3 possible fathers.

Did it actually only show Ashley and Sharon going to be tested? I am asking because I don't remember. If it didn't show it, most WOULD make the assumption that BOTH Nick and Sharon were tested. But, the fact of the matter is we can all go on and on about theories. Some insist that Summer is Nick's because Sharon says she changed the results, but that can all change with the stroke of a pen. If the writers decided to backtrack and not have Sharon change the results, they will just add in another twist. It is looking more and more to me like that might be the case. These new writers may realize that Sharon shouldn't have been involved to begin with, so they are fixing the previous writers mistakes. JMO

habbyfan

Postby habbyfan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Quote Little_Debbie:
Quote NuttyIrishman: Sharon is blocking out she lied about Faith's paternity not switching Summers, Faith and Summer are Abbotts
Two days late for April Fools. Faith's paternity and maternity are not in question. That ship has sailed. :-)

Victor had faiths's Maternity,Paternity done when Faith was returned to Sharon ( after Adam Kidnapping the baby and giving her to Ashley) they had to do it because Faith was thought to be Ashley and Victor's child.

FL senior fan

Postby FL senior fan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Shut down the G.C. DNA Lab! It's highly unreliably!

yrfan00

Postby yrfan00 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Quote Little_Debbie: Didn't he take the brush from Summer's handbag, who had just come in? I hate to re-hash a done deal, but come on, police use DNA from someone's brush all the time to test. Nick didn't send one hair, the lab knows how to run a test if they see 2 different types. It's a loooong reach if you ask me. ;)

I really think this may be the way the writers go to still make Summer an Abbott. It is very likely it could have been Faith's hair, and that would answer the question of Faith's paternity for those that insist Nick may not Faith's father. It would finally be proven without a doubt that Faith is Nick's and Summer is Jack's. They could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. :D

laurie6

Postby laurie6 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Quote yrfan00:
Quote laurie6: Actually, They only tested Sharon and Ashley no men were tested. They assumed Nick was the father from the dna test only Sharon saw. There is no rewrite Faith has 3 possible fathers.

Did it actually only show Ashley and Sharon going to be tested? I am asking because I don't remember. If it didn't show it, most WOULD make the assumption that BOTH Nick and Sharon were tested. But, the fact of the matter is we can all go on and on about theories. Some insist that Summer is Nick's because Sharon says she changed the results, but that can all change with the stroke of a pen. If the writers decided to backtrack and not have Sharon change the results, they will just add in another twist. It is looking more and more to me like that might be the case. These new writers may realize that Sharon shouldn't have been involved to begin with, so they are fixing the previous writers mistakes. JMO

I don't remember exactly what was shown but it was said they only tested maternity because Ashley wasn't trying to give Faith back to Sharon. Your right the writers could change the story to make it all in Sharon's mind and that she actually never changed anything which IMO would be the most boring twist there can be. It is all up to the writers how this will play out I just hope they end it soon no matter how it turns out, It has been dragging on long enough.

themyra

Postby themyra » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Quote Little_Debbie:
Quote themyra: .... And remember, for the second test Nick used a blonde hair from Summer's brush that was at his house. Faith also has blonde hair and who says she didn't use that brush, too? :)

Didn't he take the brush from Summer's handbag, who had just come in? I hate to re-hash a done deal, but come on, police use DNA from someone's brush all the time to test. Nick didn't send one hair, the lab knows how to run a test if they see 2 different types. It's a loooong reach if you ask me. ;)

True ... But this IS Genoa City's DNA lab. LOL

xjustbestrong

Postby xjustbestrong » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:47 pm

Nick is the father of both Faith and Summer so Shaorn did change the DNA test results for Summer to say Not A Match when it said A Match.

Crumbly

Postby Crumbly » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Quote NuttyIrishman: Sharon is blocking out she lied about Faith's paternity not switching Summers, Faith and Summer are Abbotts

I would love if this is how it happened.

Crumbly

Postby Crumbly » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Quote Lizzytish:

Sorry, but they've already proven paternity on Faith. When Adam confessed to giving Ashley Sharon's baby, Victor had a DNA test done which proved Sharon AND NICK were the parents. If that turns out to be untrue, then it's Victor who messed with the test not Sharon.

Let's give Sharon a break, huh? I think the viewers are now trying to rewrite history! >)

This is a soap and anything is possible and with all the rewrites from this group of writers , it is most definitely possible. Sharon is a liar at heart, so I wouldn't doubt it.

janetb

Postby janetb » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:06 pm

Quote laurie6:
Quote habbyfan:
Quote Little_Debbie:
Two days late for April Fools. Faith's paternity and maternity are not in question. That ship has sailed. :-)

Victor had faiths's Maternity,Paternity done when Faith was returned to Sharon ( after Adam Kidnapping the baby and giving her to Ashley) they had to do it because Faith was thought to be Ashley and Victor's child.

No he didn't, Only Sharon and Ashley were tested for maternity. They assumed Nick was the father from the test only Sharon saw. Faith can be anyone's child if the writers see fit.

The writers left the door open for both Summer and Faith's paternity. Both times there was more than one possibility for the father. Both times only one person saw the paternity test report and was believed. That's why we have this drawn out saga over Summer's paternity now.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”