No more March Madness

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
MasterEssene

No more March Madness

Postby MasterEssene » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:17 pm

SonnylovesEmily

Re: No more March Madness

Postby SonnylovesEmily » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Sorry to tell you this but, the heads of CBS and all of the other cable stations are not going to stop a money machine like March madness for two soap operas since they have been doing it for 35 years and will continue to do it until thee world blows up.

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Quote SonnylovesEmily: Sorry to tell you this but, the heads of CBS and all of the other cable stations are not going to stop a money machine like March madness for two soap operas since they have been doing it for 35 years and will continue to do it until thee world blows up.

You got that right!

JUJU41

Postby JUJU41 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Quote villyforever55:
Quote SonnylovesEmily: Sorry to tell you this but, the heads of CBS and all of the other cable stations are not going to stop a money machine like March madness for two soap operas since they have been doing it for 35 years and will continue to do it until thee world blows up.

You got that right!

I'm afraid you're right. Money talks!

maja

Postby maja » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:16 pm

ITA! This petition is a waste of time. It's just two days for goodness sake.

billsgal

Postby billsgal » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:29 am

This is the biggest moneymaker in sports and billions dollars is involved vs. two struggling soap operas. Good luck with that.

mt thoughts

Postby mt thoughts » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:56 am

Afraid the rest of the posters are correct. That would be like asking a network to not air the Superbowl. Too much money. I know I have about 5 brackets myself.

fan for over 30 years

Postby fan for over 30 years » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:59 am

Eventhough I totally agree with you. I doubt that anyone will listen. I have been complaining about this for over 35 years. People that watch soap's are not interested in basketball especially college basketball. The people that are interested go to work and are not home to watch basketball anyway. They should continue to put this in the evening when they are home from work. People that are at home do not want their soap's interupted. I will go a sign your petetion, but I doubt anything will be done. As always thanks CBS for doing this year after year.

maja

Postby maja » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:43 am

Quote fan for over 30 year: Eventhough I totally agree with you. I doubt that anyone will listen. I have been complaining about this for over 35 years. People that watch soap's are not interested in basketball especially college basketball. The people that are interested go to work and are not home to watch basketball anyway. They should continue to put this in the evening when they are home from work. People that are at home do not want their soap's interupted. I will go a sign your petetion, but I doubt anything will be done. As always thanks CBS for doing this year after year.

I know a lot of people who watch soap that are interested in March Madness. Like I said, it's just 2 days, not a full week, the show will be back on Monday. Some really need to get a grip,making a petition for a 2 day event that has been going on for years for CBS just sounds silly.

deceived

Postby deceived » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:21 am

Quote maja:
Quote fan for over 30 year: Eventhough I totally agree with you. I doubt that anyone will listen. I have been complaining about this for over 35 years. People that watch soap's are not interested in basketball especially college basketball. The people that are interested go to work and are not home to watch basketball anyway. They should continue to put this in the evening when they are home from work. People that are at home do not want their soap's interupted. I will go a sign your petetion, but I doubt anything will be done. As always thanks CBS for doing this year after year.

I know a lot of people who watch soap that are interested in March Madness. Like I said, it's just 2 days, not a full week, the show will be back on Monday. Some really need to get a grip,making a petition for a 2 day event that has been going on for years for CBS just sounds silly.

I'm enjoying March Madness...time to teach your kids, time to spend with your husband or older boys...

Return to “The Young and the Restless”