What is up with Victor- why does he despise Sharon

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Sunnyflower

Re: What is up with Victor- why does he despise Sharon

Postby Sunnyflower » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Quote soapyshelly:

Isn't the question at hand why Victor despises Sharon though? As such does the roles anyone else played or even her mental health supersede an understanding of why he would despise her? I don't think it does. He is entitled to his feelings about her and her roles in various moments of his life without giving her any compassion, consideration, or even placing an examining eye on his own checkered past.

Great point SS. Who cares about anyone else, plus neither Billy or Tucker abused his family members or burned down his home.

He is absolutely entitled to his feelings and doesn't owe her a damn thing. She has been nothing but a soul sucking leech on his family since she stole Nick from her bff.

Little_Debbie

Postby Little_Debbie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Quote laurie6: Victor is no worse then he always has been, It's just that he is giving Sharon the karma she so well deserves. Why is it what she has done to everyone is ok because they did bad things but no one should do anything to her for her bad deeds. Her BP is no excuse for anything she has done.
He's always been a sick bully, so I'm grateful he didn't lock Sharon in a cage and feed her rats, like one of his other victims. Whatta guy! :-)

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote PhillieGirl: I don't get it. Victor use to be Sharon's biggest supporter until he used her to get even with Nikki and now he despises her!!!! Sharon doesn't have a loose screw it is Victor "Mustache" Newman who has a real mental problem~ called Control. ~)

LOL let's see. She destroyed his company by committing fraud, abused his children (Abby for eg), let his family believe he was dead and mourn for him, and then topped it off by burning down his home. He never said this but I also suspect she is bad in bed. ;)

If I were Victor, I wouldn't stop trying to destroy her life until she left GC for once and for all. She deserves everything she gets and more.

LOL ya all this

Little_Debbie

Postby Little_Debbie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Sharon proved to be a much more dangerous adversary than Jack, or any of the others he's battled through the years. Sharon burned her enemy's house down to the ground. Can't get any better than that, in the revenge category. :-)
Thank goodness she got out alive, after she had been driven to the brink of madness by that horrible villain.

soapyshelly

Postby soapyshelly » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Quote LJMOM812:

To me his hatred for her makes no sense what so ever and is basically a plot point for many of the s/ls involving the Newmans and Sharon. It just makes him seem like a deranged bully beating up on a mentally ill woman. I agree with Faith101 about what has transpired and the characters that are unsympathetic to her don't have all the facts as they have been presented to us, the viewers. There is a reason for every action she has taken and in my opinion, there was never an evil intent behind any of her actions. I am not sure why they chose to isolate Sharon so much when she was going through her manic bipolar episodes because this has made light of her serious illness. Unlike with Chloe, who has a crowd of supporters around her; Sharon had no one, except Adam during the fire and we all know how GC regarded him. To me, Sharon has always gotten the short end of the stick, and even though she has a few more in her corner these days--Nick and Noah--she is always on the verge of losing everyone who cares for her.

Everything we watch is a plot point, even Sharon's illness. It's all designed to create a dramatic series for our entertainment.

soapyshelly

Postby soapyshelly » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Quote Little_Debbie: Sharon proved to be a much more dangerous adversary than Jack, or any of the others he's battled through the years. Sharon burned her enemy's house down to the ground. Can't get any better than that, in the revenge category. :-)
Thank goodness she got out alive, after she had been driven to the brink of madness by that horrible villain.

Too bad she now has to face his wrath....

Little_Debbie

Postby Little_Debbie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Quote Sinny:
Quote dawn888:
Quote Sinny:
Quote dawn888: she knows the real Victor Newman now. The relationship can never be repaired. His dislike of her is about as bad as his hatred for jack.

Who can blame him for despising her?

i'm not disputing him despising her, he feels she screwed him over. I do not agree with his tactics on getting even. Even if faith got hurt or anyone else he wouldn't care, same as when summer almost died, it wasn't his fault as far as he was concerned. summer could have died and he'd have blamed someone else. that is what I hate about him. nikki lost a child and so did ashley, both accidents caused by his interference. colleen died, he didn't care.

no different than sharon not caring who she hurts so she does not have to be alone.. so she can get nick.. something she admitted she has been doing for a long time. She was totally ok with his tactics for years so finally he is doing to her what she was ok with him doing to others.. payback time for sharon
Sharon had set Victor straight when he overstepped his powers many times. He would actually take her advice, and backed away from certain things. He held her in high esteem until recently. He almost let her take the rap for Skye's murder, which shows he has loyalty to no one but himself.

LJMOM812

Postby LJMOM812 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:05 pm

Quote soapyshelly:
Quote LJMOM812:

To me his hatred for her makes no sense what so ever and is basically a plot point for many of the s/ls involving the Newmans and Sharon. It just makes him seem like a deranged bully beating up on a mentally ill woman. I agree with Faith101 about what has transpired and the characters that are unsympathetic to her don't have all the facts as they have been presented to us, the viewers. There is a reason for every action she has taken and in my opinion, there was never an evil intent behind any of her actions. I am not sure why they chose to isolate Sharon so much when she was going through her manic bipolar episodes because this has made light of her serious illness. Unlike with Chloe, who has a crowd of supporters around her; Sharon had no one, except Adam during the fire and we all know how GC regarded him. To me, Sharon has always gotten the short end of the stick, and even though she has a few more in her corner these days--Nick and Noah--she is always on the verge of losing everyone who cares for her.

Everything we watch is a plot point, even Sharon's illness. It's all designed to create a dramatic series for our entertainment.

True. But the writers did a hatchet job on Victor and Sharon's relationship when they had them marry the second time. And now, we are still seeing all the fallout from this. But prior to this, they always got along great. Why does he despise her so much when he knows she is suffering from BP Disorder? I don't see a good explanation for this unless he does not believe she is really sick. To me, the writers are not doing a good job explaining why Victor hates her so much--he comes off as a bully.

1Elvis

Postby 1Elvis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Quote PhillieGirl: I don't get it. Victor use to be Sharon's biggest supporter until he used her to get even with Nikki and now he despises her!!!! Sharon doesn't have a loose screw it is Victor "Mustache" Newman who has a real mental problem~ called Control. ~)

Some reason I think it's a act that him and Sharon has planned for something, but can not think what that would be. I will be glad to see this story over and done with.

soapyshelly

Postby soapyshelly » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Quote LJMOM812:
Quote soapyshelly:
Quote LJMOM812:

True. But the writers did a hatchet job on Victor and Sharon's relationship when they had them marry the second time. And now, we are still seeing all the fallout from this. But prior to this, they always got along great. Why does he despise her so much when he knows she is suffering from BP Disorder? I don't see a good explanation for this unless he does not believe she is really sick. To me, the writers are not doing a good job explaining why Victor hates her so much--he comes off as a bully.

It could be said that all of Victor's relationships including the ones he's had with Sharon are all contingent on the other person being submissive and compliant to his will. That shift in Sharon when became more openly defiant against Victor marks the apex of the irreparable change between the two of them.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”