What is up with Victor- why does he despise Sharon

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
dawn888

Re: What is up with Victor- why does he despise Sharon

Postby dawn888 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Quote Sinny:
Quote dawn888: she knows the real Victor Newman now. The relationship can never be repaired. His dislike of her is about as bad as his hatred for jack.

Who can blame him for despising her?

i'm not disputing him despising her, he feels she screwed him over. I do not agree with his tactics on getting even. Even if faith got hurt or anyone else he wouldn't care, same as when summer almost died, it wasn't his fault as far as he was concerned. summer could have died and he'd have blamed someone else. that is what I hate about him. nikki lost a child and so did ashley, both accidents caused by his interference. colleen died, he didn't care.

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Quote Molli:
Quote calliope: I think the question should be,why wouldn't he despise her?

Yep. Everyone who crosses Victor pays one way or another. Sharon isn't that special not to feel his wrath.

And it is way past time that she paid the piper. she has always been given a free pass.. Not this time.

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Quote faith101: Team Sharon always. After the things that Sharon has went through with him (operation arrested for Skye's murder) and etc, she should despise him.

Time to get the facts straight:

Sharon lite the curtains on fire in the midst of her hallucination (operation look at the episode). It is ludicrous that anyone would hold that over her head as if she was an arsonist because she was not. As I recall when she was hallucinating the images of Victor, Nikki, Noah, Nick, and etc, after she lite the curtains and went to sleep on the couch will the fire burning. If she intending on burning the house for the sake of burning the house, why didn't she get out. Adam found her on the couch and rescued her from killing herself.

Second fact to get straight: Sharon came forward to Kick and Noah about the burning of the house and when she came over the Newman's to confess in a manic state several times. Nick and Noah stopped her. Why isn't anyone hammering those two for keeping the secret?

Third Fact to get straight: Sharon took over Newman after Tucker gas lighted her into believing that Victor had moved on with the Bonnie Franklin character therefore abandoning her, the family, and the company. Let's not even forget Nikki's text message pretending to be Victor. Yes Sharon was foul for allowing everyone to believe that Victor was dead but Billy knew he was alive and receive no repercussions for his behavior.

So the damage done to this family was minimal but let us list out the sins of others in regards to Sharon....No No we wouldn't want to do that....

&Ummm no,... she lit the ranch on fire when she was drunk out of her mind.. she is responsible for so much damage..

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Quote dawn888:
Quote Sinny:
Quote dawn888: she knows the real Victor Newman now. The relationship can never be repaired. His dislike of her is about as bad as his hatred for jack.

i'm not disputing him despising her, he feels she screwed him over. I do not agree with his tactics on getting even. Even if faith got hurt or anyone else he wouldn't care, same as when summer almost died, it wasn't his fault as far as he was concerned. summer could have died and he'd have blamed someone else. that is what I hate about him. nikki lost a child and so did ashley, both accidents caused by his interference. colleen died, he didn't care.

no different than sharon not caring who she hurts so she does not have to be alone.. so she can get nick.. something she admitted she has been doing for a long time. She was totally ok with his tactics for years so finally he is doing to her what she was ok with him doing to others.. payback time for sharon

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Maybe Victor's mind has lost some memory of late. He even married Sharon, had el schmeck close up and personal w/her. Maybe he's trying to erase the past by eliminating her, putting her in an out of the way phych ward...soapworld, don't you just love it???? ;)

dawn888

Postby dawn888 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Quote Sinny:
Quote dawn888:
Quote Sinny:

no different than sharon not caring who she hurts so she does not have to be alone.. so she can get nick.. something she admitted she has been doing for a long time. She was totally ok with his tactics for years so finally he is doing to her what she was ok with him doing to others.. payback time for sharon

writers changed the history so theres nothing we can do about it. One minute sharon tells adam he is her true love, next minute we are back to sharon loving nick. there is also the time she was telling the gravestone that she abandoned nick when cassie died. The writers have no idea what they are doing nor do they know the history of the show. it is a very difficult storyline to follow and it is not written well either because they keep changing the history.

faith101

Postby faith101 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Quote Sinny:
Quote faith101: Team Sharon always. After the things that Sharon has went through with him (operation arrested for Skye's murder) and etc, she should despise him.

Time to get the facts straight:

Sharon lit the curtains on fire in the midst of her hallucination (operation look at the episode). It is ludicrous that anyone would hold that over her head as if she was an arsonist because she was not. As I recall when she was hallucinating the images of Victor, Nikki, Noah, Nick, and etc, after she lite the curtains and went to sleep on the couch will the fire burning. If she intending on burning the house for the sake of burning the house, why didn't she get out? Adam found her on the couch and rescued her from killing herself.

Second fact to get straight: Sharon came forward to Kick and Noah about the burning of the house and when she came over the Newman's to confess in a manic state several times. Nick and Noah stopped her. Why isn't anyone hammering those two for keeping the secret?

Third Fact to get straight: Sharon took over Newman after Tucker gas lighted her into believing that Victor had moved on with the Bonnie Franklin character therefore abandoning her, the family, and the company. Let's not even forget Nikki's text message pretending to be Victor. Yes Sharon was foul for allowing everyone to believe that Victor was dead but Billy knew he was alive and receive no repercussions for his behavior.

So the damage done to this family was minimal but let us list out the sins of others in regards to Sharon....No No we wouldn't want to do that....

&Ummm no,... she lit the ranch on fire when she was drunk out of her mind.. she is responsible for so much damage..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Umm yes.. she was drunk and hallucinating... Check mate! Time for someone to rewatch the tape!

ms.e

Postby ms.e » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:11 pm

It is payback time for Sharon ! She sold private stocks that made him lose his company. She knew he was alive when she was doing all of this . So now it is the big payback. :-)

mdtuttle

Postby mdtuttle » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:46 pm

She let herself be used as a puppet by Tucker to run Victor's stock prices down so he could buy up controlling intrest in Newman Enterprises. She called off the search for Victor even after she knew he was alive. She never told his family he was alive. She burned his home to the ground....The question is why would he not despise her? Having said that I do think his using this Cassie look alike is cruel and over the top.

soapyshelly

Postby soapyshelly » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:17 pm

Quote mdtuttle: She let herself be used as a puppet by Tucker to run Victor's stock prices down so he could buy up controlling intrest in Newman Enterprises. She called off the search for Victor even after she knew he was alive. She never told his family he was alive. She burned his home to the ground....The question is why would he not despise her? Having said that I do think his using this Cassie look alike is cruel and over the top.

It is wonderful poetic justice though since Sharon once did the same thing to Gloria by hiring a John Abbott lookalike.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”