Cady McClain joins Y&R

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
LivingLife

Cady McClain joins Y&R

Postby LivingLife » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:21 pm

TV Guide reporter Michael Logan just tweeted on Twitter that Cady McClain is the new "Kelly". Cynthia Watros confirmed on Twitter that her last airdate is March 14th.

calliope

Re: Cady McClain joins Y&R

Postby calliope » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 pm

I like Cady!

Soap Fan+

Postby Soap Fan+ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Kudos to Y&R for hiring more daytime vets!!!! Loved her on All My Children.

Axl Rose

Postby Axl Rose » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Loved her on As The World Turns as Rosanna and I loved her as Dixie on All My Children, and now that she is taking over the role of Kelly then she will no doubt make the role her own

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Don't know who she is. I'm still trying to figure out why this character is even needed.

cards1

Postby cards1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Glad Cady is coming to Y&R, loved her as Roseanna. on ATWT's.

Going to be hard to picture her in the Kelly role, guess we'll see.

I just can't see Cady with the character of Billy, (either Billy), she would seem like more Jack's type, maybe that is the point of her addition to the cast. Love interest for Jack?

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:06 pm

I watched ATWT for years and years.. she was GREAT.. she will be a wonderful addition.. I can easly see her with Jack..She has already won 2 Emmys for day time soaps, along with other acting experience.

The character was there to break up Villy.. .. and Jack needs a lady in his life..

To me, Villy was to close to be a teenie thing.. wore out very quickly.. No wonder Victor called him Billy "Boy". emphasis on the boy.. lol..

With a recast of Billy, hopefully we can see him finally grow up... Kelly did her job..

If Phyllis returns.. the new Kelly can hold her own against Phyllis.

savytabby

Postby savytabby » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Quote villyforever55: Don't know who she is. I'm still trying to figure out why this character is even needed.

I know who she is and have never been a fan (particularly of AMC's Dixie except for when she was with David). As much as I like Cynthia Watros, I agree that I don't know why this character is needed. Since CW is leaving, I would just as soon see the character leave with her.

FormerAMCer

Postby FormerAMCer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Quote cards1: Glad Cady is coming to Y&R, loved her as Roseanna. on ATWT's.

I just can't see Cady with the character of Billy, (either Billy), she would seem like more Jack's type, maybe that is the point of her addition to the cast. Love interest for Jack?

I agree with this^^^. I love Cady, always loved Dixie on AMC, but she seems too old to be involved with Billy at all. I guess Kelly is supposed to be a bit older?

savethesoaps11

Postby savethesoaps11 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:06 am

Quote FormerAMCer:
Quote cards1: Glad Cady is coming to Y&R, loved her as Roseanna. on ATWT's.

I agree with this^^^. I love Cady, always loved Dixie on AMC, but she seems too old to be involved with Billy at all. I guess Kelly is supposed to be a bit older?

Cady McClain is actually one year younger than Cynthia Watros.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”