ADAM IS ALIVE - Auditions Are On

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Bresean

Re: ADAM IS ALIVE - Auditions Are On

Postby Bresean » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Quote xseannax:
Quote Bresean:
A man acting like a "DIVA"????? 8) ,this I find so funny. I never seen MM act like a DIVA. I never heard of a man being referred to, as a DIVA, only women....hahahahahahahaha.Makes no sense to me. ~)

Seems that the cast and crew from Veronica Mars would disagree that a man can't be a diva. It is possible to be a nice guy in real life, but play a jerk onscreen. I'm really looking forward to the recast. Adam is off the radar, so hopefully that will take their time and really find the right person for the role.

okay, so you're saying that a jerk, is the same as being called a diva? if so, I never knew that, and I never watched Veronica Mars either. The word diva threw me...thanks. ;)

maja

Postby maja » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:24 pm

>)
Quote hubbardfan:
Quote Nutty Nancy: And someone who won't threaten EB"s place in the heart of fans. Then he might be able to stick around.

This is the heart of the matter...if EB is threatened, he'll find a way to have that person ousted! What a shame these people @Y&R have given him so much 'power'! Who does he think he IS...GOD?? Oh, yeah, I forgot...he does!

ITA!How many times did we hear about his monumental arguments with PB/Jack.This won't be the last time this will happen.I'm pretty sure the next actor who plays Adam will be neutered and will have to kiss EB's ring (among other things)and try not to challenge him. >)

Bresean

Postby Bresean » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Quote opusandcristal: Why does Adam have to have plastic surgery?
Can't they just say "The Role of Adam Newman is Now
being played by ------- -----!
Unless they want him to so that he can slither around
with a new face pretending to be a different name
to find out maybe who really killed Dehlia or back
at Victor for something.
I still think that some how Chelsea will know it will
be him by him calling Connor Peanut, nobody calls him
that but Adam. Why did they have Adam use it so many
times cause it will be played out later on somehow.
They better pick someone good and not so lame
brain like the new BILLY!!!!

I agree, I said the samething,I don't like the plastic surgery idea, we need better writers, who can actually write good and exciting stories, instead of recycle stories. :|

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:31 pm

EB has been on this show for over 30 years and has had his share of horrible story lines.. did them without complaints.. he has over 50 years of acting.. when combined with his threatre background in Germany..

I feel he has EARNED respect.. I have not heard anything about problems with the other cast.. other than PB and I thought all along that was for publicity..

EB or anyone who has that much senority is not about to have a new comer come on and tell them how to do their job. and that is what has been reported about MM.. MM thought he was hot stuff and felt he could not only tell EB but also told the writers how to write Adam.. YOU talka about EGO.. it is reported that is what he did everwhere he has ever been employed.. Nooo wonder he is gone.. and that reputation will proceed him. If he wants another job, he better figure out he is NOT the ONLY actor in the world and look around and see how many Oscars, Emmys he has on shelves, after almost 20 years. Him being a member of Minus doesnt mean a thing in the acting world..

I am glad to hear the news.. it will prove that MM is not the ONLY actor to play Adam.. I just hope MM fans wont jump on this new actor after a few words.. lol.. like they have done with D. Tom.

Adam needs to be revamped.. he became too sinister.. under the writing of MAB.. then they did not know what to do with such a monster..

Adam needs to be edgy.. gray.. and that alone will make him the natural advisary to his two siblings.. he does not need to be a pyscho.

calliope

Postby calliope » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:50 pm

I think we need the Adam character. No on can challenge Victor in the years to come like Adam. They have a strained and strange relationship. They dislike each other but they love each other. No one will play Adam with the nuances MM did, although I would be delighted if they found someone like that. There are layers and layers to Adam and I hope they search until they find the perfect one.
I don't like the plastic surgery idea because plastic surgery does not change your voice or your build. I know we are to suspend belief but it is done to death. And I don't think Adam could stay away from Conner for very long.

Feliciena

Postby Feliciena » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:00 pm

MM is a perfectionist when it came to his acting which I think caused problems with EB. EB is known to be a little of a problem himself, at least from what I read over the years. I am looking forward to the recast as I miss the character & hope he has chemistry with Chelsea. She does seem to have chemistry with most men so I'm hopeful.

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:18 pm

Quote Feliciena: MM is a perfectionist when it came to his acting which I think caused problems with EB. EB is known to be a little of a problem himself, at least from what I read over the years. I am looking forward to the recast as I miss the character & hope he has chemistry with Chelsea. She does seem to have chemistry with most men so I'm hopeful.

There is perfectionism and then there is a know it all, who becomes a pain in the a$$.. A perfectionist can be dealt with.. the pain in the a$$ loses their job.. just ask the other actors who have been fired...

IndyFan

Postby IndyFan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:09 am

Regarding the plastic surgery s/l - I think this is the best s/l for a 'new' Adam. If the movie Face/Off can have 2 people with very different voices and builds fool their own families, then surely the new Adam can fool GC. We know there are a few GC'ers who aren't that swift anyway :D

michaeala

Postby michaeala » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:10 am

It still makes me so sad that Michael Muhney won't be back as Adam. Love MM or not, you have to agree he is one great actor. Yes, this show direly needs Adam and to be honest with you I can't think of anyone who could pull if off so well like MM. Just my opinion.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”