Y&R Adam Recast Poll

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Candace

Y&R Adam Recast Poll

Postby Candace » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:52 am

Lady53

Re: Y&R Adam Recast Poll

Postby Lady53 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:43 am

Hi Candace....this vote isn't going to be a real representation of what the fans/viewers/posters think because anyone can continue to re vote over and over for the same person in succession. It is a kin to robo voting and it only takes several posters to continually vote for the same person for that person to get the most votes. I couldn't believe the amount of votes MM has already when so many posters have stated they would like a recast so the Adam character stays on Y&R.
So I tried it to see if it was possible to continue to vote for the same person over and over....and it is.
Anybody can sit and vote over and over for the same person all day if they wish to.
You guys need to set up you polls so that a person can only vote once so they are fair and more accurate. JMHO

sassyfrase

Postby sassyfrase » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Yeah, Right!!!
Like they would really let us pick the recast.
Of course everyone already knows it will be the writers, BEST BUD, AS IS ALWAYS THE CASE.
PLEASE hire a new WRITER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Quote Lady53: Hi Candace....this vote isn't going to be a real representation of what the fans/viewers/posters think because anyone can continue to re vote over and over for the same person in succession. It is a kin to robo voting and it only takes several posters to continually vote for the same person for that person to get the most votes. I couldn't believe the amount of votes MM has already when so many posters have stated they would like a recast so the Adam character stays on Y&R.
So I tried it to see if it was possible to continue to vote for the same person over and over....and it is.
Anybody can sit and vote over and over for the same person all day if they wish to.
You guys need to set up you polls so that a person can only vote once so they are fair and more accurate. JMHO

This happened one time with a Sharon poll .. it isn't a good way when someone can robo vote.. it is not real reflective of what the fans want.

Lady53

Postby Lady53 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Sassyfrase....a poll has nothing to do with letting us pick the next recast. It is just a poll about what the fans would like to see happen and which is also supposed to be honest and fair but in this case isn't. So in being distorted it doesn't give an accurate count.

I would just like to see a real accurate count of who the fans/viewers/posters would like to see as a recast because we know MM isn't coming back.

To be honest I don't even know why MM was put in the list to begin with as he wouldn't be a real recast.

JMHO

MichaelMuhneyfan

Postby MichaelMuhneyfan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:47 pm

I voted for MM only once. But let's be real. I would spend time wearing my fingers to the bone voting for him if I thought it would bring him back. He is a fabulous actor and the only one to play Adam.

I have not watched the show since his announcement in December. I am not the type of fan who is crazed. I just think he is brilliant and his acting made me enjoy the drama of the show. I would watch Y &R if he returned. I would like to see someone held accountable for his firing, since rumors have NOT been proven. If it was just his "hubris" that higher ups didn't like, there is this thing HR staff do called counseling of a person. I do not believe he groped anyone. As for arrogance, can anyone, on ANY soap beat the arrogance of the actor playing Victor? ( I don't think I am allowed to say his name.)

In the meantime I now watch GH, for the first time in my life and I am enjoying that show.

I still come here to read all the posts, as I do for B&B, and I stopped watching that months ago. I will post more on GH when I get more familiar with the characters.

In the meantime, I hope everyone keeps voting for MM.

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:11 pm

I voted for Dylan Bruce although to me Michael Muhney is Adam. I felt I had no choice but to name someone other than MM because if I chose MM then I was saying I was disregarding the allegations of misconduct. I do have my feelings about that but all along we viewers have been expected to remain mum on the subject. How, now, can it be that we're asked to consider MM as a choice for the role without being able to freely discuss the subject? So, I had to choose someone else, and Dylan Bruce is someone I can see filling the role better than some others on the list, including Tom Pelphrey, who I adored as Jonathan. Dylan Bruce as Chris had a certain something that makes me able to envision him as Adam.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:17 pm

I voted for Trevor St John. He was great on OLTL. MM was great, but I don't see him coming back. He was fired, so the writers may not want him anymore. Plus, MM himself may not want to come back.

I voted only once too, I don't have time to robo vote :D Too much more fun stuff to talk about!

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:25 pm

I did not know of Trevor St. John and just looked him up online, and I saw that he's set to soon film a serious drama (movie, not series). If YR is considering him as Adam, I wonder what they're envisioning for the timing of Adam's reappearance.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Quote bukopandan: I did not know of Trevor St. John and just looked him up online, and I saw that he's set to soon film a serious drama (movie, not series). If YR is considering him as Adam, I wonder what they're envisioning for the timing of Adam's reappearance.

I have no idea if they are even recasting yet. My first thought was the original actor. TSJ was great on OLTL. He played Todd when RH left.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”