Start at the beginning, time to start reruns

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
slinton

Start at the beginning, time to start reruns

Postby slinton » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 am

I have watched Y&R for as long as I can remember, but at 30 years of age, I missed the beginning. I would absolutely love it if CBS started airing re-runs. Start with episode one. Allow us to relive the magic that is the Young and the Restless. Any other takers out there?

YandRsBiggestFan

Re: Start at the beginning, time to start reruns

Postby YandRsBiggestFan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:29 am

I'm game. I missed the first 15 years.

lped55

Postby lped55 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:37 am

Agree. Reruns of this show as well as the cancelled shows of Guiding Light and As the World Turns! I would much prefer to watch reruns of these cancelled shows than the pathetic Bold and Beautiful that's still on. Can't imagine how that show did not get cancelled - must be because of the limited cast members who just keep pairing up with one another, making for a cheap payroll. I am hoping they don't ruin The Young and the Restless as well.

IndyFan

Postby IndyFan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:40 am

I would love that!!

jb4me

Postby jb4me » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:32 am

Have watched from day one. Would love to see re-runs of all CBS soaps! Shows were so good back then!

hopey pix

Postby hopey pix » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:01 am

I would love Y&R going back!!But,on our Global in Canada,1 year ago they re-ran the 1ST episode!It was on our computer for the Global site,and it was when Brad Elliot came to town!It was great to see,and only one half hour!I'd also love to see GH re-runs!But,imagine binge-watching through 41 years for Y&R,and 51 years for GH?That's alot,but I would love it!!

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:19 am

I would love to go back to when the writers took their work seriously, built up a story line, stuck to it, and ended it in a reasonable way that made sense. Today's writers have their own way of writing, which IMO, sucks. And they have totally and completely changed the history of the show and all the characters in it. Who told them this would be a good idea? Not me. Nobody asked me. >(

Ruby and Teddy

Postby Ruby and Teddy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Quote BobbiSox: I would love to go back to when the writers took their work seriously, built up a story line, stuck to it, and ended it in a reasonable way that made sense. Today's writers have their own way of writing, which IMO, sucks. And they have totally and completely changed the history of the show and all the characters in it. Who told them this would be a good idea? Not me. Nobody asked me. >(

BobbiSox – I more than totally agree with you. What I’ve noticed, especially in today’s episode, was a bit of a political slant to it. Did you notice that?

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:56 am

Quote Ruby and Teddy:
Quote BobbiSox: I would love to go back to when the writers took their work seriously, built up a story line, stuck to it, and ended it in a reasonable way that made sense. Today's writers have their own way of writing, which IMO, sucks. And they have totally and completely changed the history of the show and all the characters in it. Who told them this would be a good idea? Not me. Nobody asked me. >(

BobbiSox – I more than totally agree with you. What I’ve noticed, especially in today’s episode, was a bit of a political slant to it. Did you notice that?

Ruby, I didn't notice but I don't notice a lot of things anymore, lol. What was the political slant?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”