Faith. All opinions. (OK to discuss fictional characters freely.)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Skyemichelle

Re: Faith. All opinions. (OK to discuss fictional characters freely.)

Postby Skyemichelle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:27 am

Quote Soulsistah:
Quote laurie6:
Quote Soulsistah: This thread is a trip. Lol. I think MG is doing a fabulous job - she`s getting full on dialogue with adult actors and she`s doing fabulous. She was awesome in her recent scenes with Nikki. :) <

Faith is written to be bratty when the plot calls for it, and the only time she was ever bratty or rude, that I can recall, is when Avery was with Nick. Like a lot of little girls, she did not want her dad with the new woman. That is typical for young children. Remember how rude Victoria was when Victor was with Ashley ?) Ditto for little Summer when she yelled at Sharon to `go away` when she came to the tack house ?) Like we`ve seen before, Faith didn`t want her dad with someone other than her mom. We also saw young Noah being lippy with Phyllis saying that his wouldn`t be with her for long and would be back with his mom eventually because he still loved her (lol - how right young Noah was ;)). Nothing new under the sun here.

I have seen Faith be nothing but sweet and adorable since Avery has been out of the picture. Now I don`t like rude children, period, but I don`t see Faith`s behaviour outside the norm of what has been written for other child characters in the same situation. The two actresses that have played the role have done a great job. :)

I wasn't watching when Vikki was mean to Ashley, But from what I read it was because Nikki told her to. Same as Sharon manipulating Faith to be mean to Avery. Faith never had her parents together so to me it is not normal, She was just fine with Avery. Summer was only bratty to Sharon once and I don't think either Phyllis or Nick knew about it like Nick and Sharon knew about Faith and did nothing. Faith hasn't been bratty lately because she got what she wanted.

I don't recall Nikki telling little Victoria to be mean to Ashley - it came naturally as she saw her daddy with another woman other than her mother. It's human nature and quite normal for a child to want their parents back together. Victoria was a grown woman and she was still wishing her parents were back together when they were with other people. Faith is no different and I think she's a smart and adorable little actress that little Grace! :D

For me, I've seen far creepier children on this show - heck Fen still is creepy, IMO, and he's no little kid! :-)
Good call on Fen! I don't know what it is about that guy but yeah, he acts like he's about to go curl up in a ball in a corner somewhere. Definitely creepy.

Bunny76

Postby Bunny76 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:39 am

So getting back to topic, Faithless is the creepiest kid on the show for a few reasons, the whole basis behind her conception (Mommy on a booze and sex spree with multiple partners) adds to her ick factor, having a lonny tune for a Mom adds to her ick factor, being born in a nut house adds to her ick factor and just the fact that she can be so vile and rude to her elders just makes her a total demon seed...

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:45 am

Lol! I love beautiful little Faith Cassidy Newman. She's the next generation of Newmans and I look forward to seeing this cutie pie onscreen! :)

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 am

Quote Ethelmae02:
Quote trinilisa:
Quote 77RestlessFan:
Quote frostysmygirl:
Quote marshal: LOL how so not true, both her parents are loving this child and we are shown how concern and caring they are. I never saw this little girl acting out except with Avery and it is so easy to understand.

LOL she did not like Avery and she let her daddy Mommy and Avery know it. I dont know of any child that wants a new step mom when a loving mother is already in the picture. Oh except Nicks selfclaimed airhead daughter that would accept her auntie as her step mom. :-)

Faith got along fine with Avery until Sharon brainwashed her and that played out plainly on the screen. So, stupid Sharon has no idea what she has set in motion and she will surely live to regret it. Sharon isn't thinking what will happen if she and Nick don't get together or split up for some reason and Sharon tries to move on with someone else ??????? ChuckyFaith will make her life a hell. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Oh I hope you're right! I can't wait to see the day that DamienII turns the tables on her manipulative mommy!
oh she turn on her and Nick thats why they dont wont to age the brat to a teen.

Oh that would be the best!

laurie6

Postby laurie6 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:53 am

Quote Soulsistah:
Quote laurie6:
Quote Soulsistah: This thread is a trip. Lol. I think MG is doing a fabulous job - she`s getting full on dialogue with adult actors and she`s doing fabulous. She was awesome in her recent scenes with Nikki. :) <

Faith is written to be bratty when the plot calls for it, and the only time she was ever bratty or rude, that I can recall, is when Avery was with Nick. Like a lot of little girls, she did not want her dad with the new woman. That is typical for young children. Remember how rude Victoria was when Victor was with Ashley ?) Ditto for little Summer when she yelled at Sharon to `go away` when she came to the tack house ?) Like we`ve seen before, Faith didn`t want her dad with someone other than her mom. We also saw young Noah being lippy with Phyllis saying that his wouldn`t be with her for long and would be back with his mom eventually because he still loved her (lol - how right young Noah was ;)). Nothing new under the sun here.

I have seen Faith be nothing but sweet and adorable since Avery has been out of the picture. Now I don`t like rude children, period, but I don`t see Faith`s behaviour outside the norm of what has been written for other child characters in the same situation. The two actresses that have played the role have done a great job. :)

I wasn't watching when Vikki was mean to Ashley, But from what I read it was because Nikki told her to. Same as Sharon manipulating Faith to be mean to Avery. Faith never had her parents together so to me it is not normal, She was just fine with Avery. Summer was only bratty to Sharon once and I don't think either Phyllis or Nick knew about it like Nick and Sharon knew about Faith and did nothing. Faith hasn't been bratty lately because she got what she wanted.

I don't recall Nikki telling little Victoria to be mean to Ashley - it came naturally as she saw her daddy with another woman other than her mother. It's human nature and quite normal for a child to want their parents back together. Victoria was a grown woman and she was still wishing her parents were back together when they were with other people. Faith is no different and I think she's a smart and adorable little actress that little Grace! :D

For me, I've seen far creepier children on this show - heck Fen still is creepy, IMO, and he's no little kid! :-)

Vikki had her parents together so her wanting them back together is normal, Faith has never had her parents together and that is normal to her, Her acting out was because of Sharon. Faith is creepy to, The little actress is good and plays it well. I agree that Fen is creepy to.

mswadel

Postby mswadel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am

I would rather still have Delia on stage. She was cute and sweet and thoughtful to others with no nasty behaviors. FAS might be a reason the character of Faith is the way she is added to the lack of parental behavior modification methods. When she gets that scowl on I get scared.

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Quote trinilisa:
Quote daisyjo: An entire thread dedicated to picking on a little girl, sorry a fictional little girl.
Everyone must be so proud.

I am proud, actually. I am proud that I can pick on a fictional character and not a real person. I am proud that I can give the actress her props for portraying a character I feel so strongly about, positively or negatively. I am proud that I have the ability to distinguish between a real person and a fictional person. I am also proud of my fellow posters who opt to pick on a fictional person as opposed to real ones.
Signed,
No Regrets

BRAVO,, I think it is much better to bash fictional characters over real people.

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 pm

I don't need to write a book on the spoiled brat....it is what it is.

Don't know why some take this stuff so "personal" and yet want to talk down to other posters.

Tired of this fanatic crap.

The thread is clearly labelled and yet some still want to get all personal and talk down to posters for bashing a fiction character.

I get it.....your a fan but don't take it personal....like you get paid to act.'

I will take Dee any day or even Cassie when she was younger.

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:59 pm

Agreed with both of you Sinny and KIR.

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:00 pm

Quote mswadel: I would rather still have Delia on stage. She was cute and sweet and thoughtful to others with no nasty behaviors. FAS might be a reason the character of Faith is the way she is added to the lack of parental behavior modification methods. When she gets that scowl on I get scared.

LOL yep!!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”