Coffee Time..

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
BobbiSox

Re: Coffee Time..

Postby BobbiSox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:30 am

Quote hopey pix: What kind of place to you live in Bobbisox?Are you also Victor's daughter?HA!!Just kidding!!It sounds isolated!!

I live in a gated condo community. The zip code is Fernandina Beach, but we are smack-dab in the middle of Yulee, which is pretty much farmers. The worst crime here is a chicken thief, really. There are video cameras at the gate, and you need a remote-key to get in the gate. Then the whole community is surrounded by thick woods. You can google it on the net and see for yourself. There is really NO way a criminal can get in-or-out here unnoticed. The Cottages at Stoney Creek is the name of the place. I actually like the extra security. It's a trade off. Trade your privacy for your security.

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:19 am

Quote BobbiSox:
Quote hopey pix: What kind of place to you live in Bobbisox?Are you also Victor's daughter?HA!!Just kidding!!It sounds isolated!!

I live in a gated condo community. The zip code is Fernandina Beach, but we are smack-dab in the middle of Yulee, which is pretty much farmers. The worst crime here is a chicken thief, really. There are video cameras at the gate, and you need a remote-key to get in the gate. Then the whole community is surrounded by thick woods. You can google it on the net and see for yourself. There is really NO way a criminal can get in-or-out here unnoticed. The Cottages at Stoney Creek is the name of the place. I actually like the extra security. It's a trade off. Trade your privacy for your security.

Check into First Coast No More Homeless Pets. I hear this month they will fix a cat for $5. There are many catch and release programs around. Try to get your neighbors involved in this worthwhile project that would benefit the cats and your community. My neighborhood did this prior to my moving in. Now I can feed feral cats.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:33 am

Morning everyone! Will have to try the alfredo recipe.

@taramartin, that is really awesome of your community to do that.

calliope

Postby calliope » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:46 am

Quote taramartin:
Quote BobbiSox:

Check into First Coast No More Homeless Pets. I hear this month they will fix a cat for $5. There are many catch and release programs around. Try to get your neighbors involved in this worthwhile project that would benefit the cats and your community. My neighborhood did this prior to my moving in. Now I can feed feral cats.

My son has lots of stray cats he feeds. About a 2 years ago a neighbor of his ended up with a stray mother having a litter on her carport. She fed and of course they multiplied quickly. Lots of strays. She worked with an agency that caught, neutered and returned them to the area. The neutered ones all have little Nick's in an ear. The cats come to his backyard when he gets home to be fed. It's a smart program, stops the breeding but doesn't herd the cats up to be euthanized.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 am

^^I like that Calliope. I think it is the best way. Also, eventually there will be less strays, and that helps the bird populations.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:04 am

Quote Layngel: Morning everyone! Will have to try the alfredo recipe.

If you want an easy recipe for an alfredo sauce this is the recipe that I use:

allrecipes.com/recipe/alfredo-sauce-2/

The recipe I posted earlier is not a true alfredo sauce. You would need to decrease the garlic and greatly increase the cheese and parsley for it to really be an alfredo. I'm not a huge fan of parmesan cheese so that's why I made up that little recipe for a substitute. :)

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:

The recipe I posted earlier is not a true alfredo sauce. You would need to decrease the garlic and greatly increase the cheese and parsley for it to really be an alfredo. I'm not a huge fan of parmesan cheese so that's why I made up that little recipe for a substitute. :)

Oo thanks! I will have to try that! I am going to bookmark it, I have needed a good recipe.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:08 am

Quote Layngel:
Quote Homesick Cajun:

Oo thanks! I will have to try that! I am going to bookmark it, I have needed a good recipe.

I love that recipe site! It has a great little feature that you can change serving sizes on the recipes which comes in really handy for me. It's only me and my husband and so often recipes are written for six or eight people and I can scale it back for the two of us. Plus the volume of recipes is amazing! I spend loads of time on that site!

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:10 am

^^I didn't know they had that feature! I will have to try it. There are 4 of us...me, my hubby and our 2 daughters. That would really come in handy.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:12 am

Quote Layngel: ^^I didn't know they had that feature! I will have to try it. There are 4 of us...me, my hubby and our 2 daughters. That would really come in handy.

I wish Taste of Home had that feature. They're also one of my favorite recipe sites. I love to cook!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”