Coffee Time..

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
calliope

Re: Coffee Time..

Postby calliope » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 am

Yum!
I like them pan seared also in butter. I love them blackened too.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:25 am

I am with the pan searing! Lemon butter and garlic :D

Yum!

Good morning everyone!

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:25 am

Quote calliope: Yum!
I like them pan seared also in butter. I love them blackened too.

Oh, me too! Really hard to mess them up for me!

I guess it's raining at where you are this morning. I tried to watch the Daytona 500 yesterday but after the rain delay it restarted so late it was almost my bedtime. I fell asleep with twenty laps to go. Woke up just long enough to see Junior lifting the trophy over his head. Had to watch the post race this morning online. ;)

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:30 am

Yeah we had rain on and off yesterday. I live about an hour south of Calliope in Palm Beach. I think it is suppose to be rainy off and on the next few days.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:34 am

Quote Layngel: Yeah we had rain on and off yesterday. I live about an hour south of Calliope in Palm Beach. I think it is suppose to be rainy off and on the next few days.

I didn't know that's where you were. Palm Beach is so lovely. Years ago I had some close friends that lived in West Palm Beach that I would visit often. Had some great times there! :)

calliope

Postby calliope » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:44 am

Well, we are in Palm Beach County...not the island of Palm Beach! West Palm is about 20 min south of me. I am in Jupiter. We missed the rain yesterday. It was very humid but did not rain at my place.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 am

Quote calliope: Well, we are in Palm Beach County...not the island of Palm Beach! West Palm is about 20 min south of me. I am in Jupiter. We missed the rain yesterday. It was very humid but did not rain at my place.

I really wish it would rain here. We're in the middle of a severe drought. On the local news they said it was the worst since 1896 and that's not a typo. They said 1896! I didn't know they were keeping records that long ago, but that's what the weatherman said. I'm surprised we haven't already had a major fire only some small ones so far.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:44 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote Layngel: Yeah we had rain on and off yesterday. I live about an hour south of Calliope in Palm Beach. I think it is suppose to be rainy off and on the next few days.

I didn't know that's where you were. Palm Beach is so lovely. Years ago I had some close friends that lived in West Palm Beach that I would visit often. Had some great times there! :)

:) Awesome!

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:46 am

Quote calliope: Well, we are in Palm Beach County...not the island of Palm Beach! West Palm is about 20 min south of me. I am in Jupiter. We missed the rain yesterday. It was very humid but did not rain at my place.

We are in Lake Worth, I always forget Palm Beach County spans such a large area. Isn't it from Boca all the way up to where you all are? Jupiter and Hobe Sound. We got a little rain, oh and the humidity!!!!!!!! I think I am breathing water! We are right by Lake Worth Beach and it is awful!

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote Sinny: I got 20 pounds of fresh scallops last night.. fresh fresh.. I need some ideas on different ways to cook them.. help me girls

Oh, I love scallops! Haven't had any since we left Louisiana. My favorite way is grilled or broiled. A few weeks ago I developed a new white sauce with garlic, parsley and cheese that would probably be fabulous over pan seared scallops. I can post it for you if you'd like. I made it for a shrimp and red snapper dish I was making but it would probably be great with scallops as well.

I can eat them pan seared in a little butter, parsley and lemon juice and be a happy camper! They're one of my favorites.

oh please do.. I am not a fan but both my guys love them

Return to “The Young and the Restless”