Coffee Time..

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Sunnyflower

Re: Coffee Time..

Postby Sunnyflower » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:38 am

Quote Sinny:
Quote BobbiSox: So where's everybody this morning? Sleeping in, I suspect. After all, it's Sunday. Funny thing happens here in Fernandina Beach on Sunday. They don't let anyone buy alcohol until 2:00pm. Isn't that a hoot? I mean, what difference could that possibly have in the big scheme of things? Like, the world will be a better place if you buy your booze on Saturday night instead of Sunday morning? I don't get it. In Rhode Island, you can't buy ANY booze on Sunday. That doesn't make much sense either. Who makes these rules. What is this? 1929?

Hey bobbi.. I am here. playing candy crush LOL and waiting for the mens hockey game to come on.. all of canada is up and watching LOl well most of us.

We have weird liquor laws for sunday too. We cannot sell it till 11 am.
I think those religious laws of old need to change.. the times have changed and our world is not a mon-fr world with people going to church on sunday..

:)

;)

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:41 am

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote BobbiSox: So where's everybody this morning? Sleeping in, I suspect. After all, it's Sunday. Funny thing happens here in Fernandina Beach on Sunday. They don't let anyone buy alcohol until 2:00pm. Isn't that a hoot? I mean, what difference could that possibly have in the big scheme of things? Like, the world will be a better place if you buy your booze on Saturday night instead of Sunday morning? I don't get it. In Rhode Island, you can't buy ANY booze on Sunday. That doesn't make much sense either. Who makes these rules. What is this? 1929?

OMG this made me laugh. I hear you. We have silly booze sales rules here too, as if it somehow makes people drink less. :D :D :D

LOL No kidding

and OMG cheap penalty on the CDN side.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:24 am

Morning everyone!

Here in Florida the liquor sales start at Noon. Yet you can drink until about 5 AM on Sunday morning, er I mean Saturday night. Makes no sense. So like there are 7 hours of no booze lol!

I just buy mine on Saturday night. ;)

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:30 am

In Canada other that in Quebec you cannot buy booze in the supermarkets and it drives me nuts..

AND YAY to the men. another gold in hockey

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:30 am

Quote Layngel: Morning everyone!

Here in Florida the liquor sales start at Noon. Yet you can drink until about 5 AM on Sunday morning, er I mean Saturday night. Makes no sense. So like there are 7 hours of no booze lol!

Where are you in Florida? I'll go there and buy my booze at noon. Better than 2:00pm. I'm up north, in Fernandina Beach. Some stores on Amelia Island will sell it before 2:00pm. It depends on who you know. ~)

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 am

Quote Sinny: In Canada other that in Quebec you cannot buy booze in the supermarkets and it drives me nuts..

AND YAY to the men. another gold in hockey

I remember that. Alcohol Beverage Control stores, right? In Rhode Island, we called them Package Stores. No alcohol (not even wine or beer) unless you go to the 'Packie'.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:37 am

Quote BobbiSox:

Where are you in Florida? I'll go there and buy my booze at noon. Better than 2:00pm. I'm up north, in Fernandina Beach. Some stores on Amelia Island will sell it before 2:00pm. It depends on who you know. ~)

Oh wow, 2pm?? We are in Palm Beach County and it is noon.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:39 am

We are kinda lucky though, my county is talking about abolishing some of the "blue laws", liquor sales on Sunday one of them..or at least easing time a bit.

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:40 am

Quote Layngel:
Quote BobbiSox:

I am in Nassau County. Don't know who regulates alcohol; the county or the city?

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:41 am

Quote BobbiSox:
Quote Layngel:
Quote BobbiSox:

I am in Nassau County. Don't know who regulates alcohol; the county or the city?

You know, I am not sure. It may be city to city. I really don't know though.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”