Coffee Time..

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Molli

Re: Coffee Time..

Postby Molli » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 pm

OMG Jaws! 8) Scared me sh*tless.

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Quote Molli:
Quote calliope: The weird thing that gave me nightmares were the Tribbles from Star Trek! I used to dream of them falling from the ceiling.

Tribbles! I remember them.

There was a "B" movie that terrorized me. It was about a giant gila monster lizard thing. <shivers> Black and white. The local drive in was having a monster movie night so my parents packed us all up in the station wagon, I think it cost a whole dollar to get in. :-)

We have a driven in still.. it is now 15 a car load tho. LOL

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Quote Molli: OMG Jaws! 8) Scared me sh*tless.

LOL I would scream like a girl.. oh wait ;)

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 pm

My much younger brother loved horror movies. I would occasionally watch one with him. I was always in trouble if he was seeing it for the second time. He knew when the scary part was coming and I wouldn't. I'll never forget when we watched "Carrie". I was on the couch with my head propped up on my arm. He was sitting in a recliner next to the couch. At the end of the movie when the hand reached up out of the grave and grabbed the girl by the arm that was placing flowers on the grave, at that very instant he grabbed my arm in the same way! 8) 8)

I screamed bloody murder!! Would have strangled him if I could have caught him! :-)

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Quote Sinny:
Quote Layngel: I remember my parents watching the Twilight Zone, The Movie when I was little. The airplane scene with John Lithgow still scares me to this day 8) I have nightmares about that gremlin, and still cannot watch the movie without basically going into a panic attack 8) I get teased by my hubby about it :(

I agree about the Excorcist as well, but what was funny is that Marlena's possession on DOOL was the sl that first got me watching soaps :-) . I love the Wizard of Oz, but those flying monkeys were really scary.

LMAO that is too funny.. Marlene becoming possessed is what stopped me from watching days for 20 years.

Lol! I remember seeing it on some day I had stayed home from school sick, and becoming obsessed. I then proceeded to adopt most other soaps over the years. Looking back now the sl was really cheesy. :-)

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Quote Homesick Cajun: My much younger brother loved horror movies. I would occasionally watch one with him. I was always in trouble if he was seeing it for the second time. He knew when the scary part was coming and I wouldn't. I'll never forget when we watched "Carrie". I was on the couch with my head propped up on my arm. He was sitting in a recliner next to the couch. At the end of the movie when the hand reached up out of the grave and grabbed the girl by the arm that was placing flowers on the grave, at that very instant he grabbed my arm in the same way! 8) 8)

I screamed bloody murder!! Would have strangled him if I could have caught him! :-)

Oh that is such a scary part! I can't believe he did that, I would have screamed so hard too!

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Quote Layngel:
Quote Homesick Cajun: My much younger brother loved horror movies. I would occasionally watch one with him. I was always in trouble if he was seeing it for the second time. He knew when the scary part was coming and I wouldn't. I'll never forget when we watched "Carrie". I was on the couch with my head propped up on my arm. He was sitting in a recliner next to the couch. At the end of the movie when the hand reached up out of the grave and grabbed the girl by the arm that was placing flowers on the grave, at that very instant he grabbed my arm in the same way! 8) 8)

Oh that is such a scary part! I can't believe he did that, I would have screamed so hard too!

And he wonders why I don't like horror movies. :)

BabygirlAH

Postby BabygirlAH » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Quote Sinny:
Quote calliope:
Quote BabygirlAH:
Quote calliope:
Quote BabygirlAH:
Quote BobbiSox: I never liked scary movies. My grandmother took me to see 'Wizard Oz' in 1954, and I had nightmares for years after that! Well, I was only 5 years old, so those flying monkeys and that witch were too much for me. I only watch Walking Dead now because a friend of mine is in it. I don't really like it, but it's so stupid that it's not that scary.

they give me nightmares too.

I love The Walking Dead. It was pretty gross in the beginning but I guess you get desensitized to the zombies dining habits. I love the characters.

The only scary movie I like watching is Alfred Hitchcock movie Psycho. Because they don't show it in a gory way. But when you watch that movie, it stays with you over night due to the eerie music. And that shower scene was the best, but again not in a gruesome way. Hitchcock was the best. The Birds is somewhat scary too and very good. But every time I see birds flying around in the parking lot when I'm food shopping, I'm very scared. I'm scared of seagulls too. I don't know why they lurk at Walmart where I live. The beach is more than an hour and a half away. So I don't know what brings them to my neighborhood.

I like those better than lots of gore too. Suspense that has you on the edge of your seat!

I am not really into gore either.. I like toe curling scary..
I do remember when piranah came out I kept looking in my toilet bowel for one of them little creatures.. and when Jaws was popular if someone yelled *SHARK* while I was in water I would scream LOL

You're funny. My husband was afraid of Anaconda movie as he is so afraid of snakes.

I love Law & Order, but sometimes I have to stop watching as I don't want to think about people being raped or killed while I'm sleep. So I try to watch old sitcoms like Sanford & Sun, Archie Bunkder, The Jeffersons, Brady Bunch, Little House & the Prarie, Cosby and The Golden Girls before going to bed. That way I can have nice and light dreams.

I know I'm corny, but oh well.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:15 pm

I am the same way. Too much sadness and intensity get to me too much. I loved the Cosby show! I like to go back and watch shows that I know won't leave me jittery and such. Little House is great too.

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:22 pm

I can really enjoy a good suspense film - like Hitchcock but when it is close to nighttime I'd much rather watch something more uplifting. My husband used to watch Law and Order in another room - sometimes I'd walk thru and catch a bit of a very disturbing storyline - something that unfortunately you know could really happen - it would stay with me and bother me. Soap stories rarely bother me though - I guess I have a different prospective on those.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”