Coffee Time..

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
BobbiSox

Re: Coffee Time..

Postby BobbiSox » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:20 am

Quote Joy T: Good morning everyone! I am enjoying my morning coffee while reading and LOL about Bobbi's holiday pie story. That sounds like I Love Lucy. I still love watching those old reruns of her and Ethel. :)

Bobbi, I just baked a Mrs. Smith frozen apple pie and it was really good. No fuss and no mess. Just make sure you've got vanilla ice creme. :)

It's suppose to be 68 today here in Raleigh, NC but cloudy. Tomorrow we are expecting thunderstorms.

Sinny - our little Beagle dog, Brandy has to wear her thunder shirt as she is so afraid.

Homesick - Hurry and move back to LA so we can go to a LSU/AU game!
LSU LSU LSU...WarrrrrEagle

To all our northern and Canadian friends, us southern gals would love to meet in the sunshine state for fun, sun, lunching and shopping til we drop! We'll have to set aside a day to rewrite Y&R s/l. LOL

Happy Thursday!
Joy

And just who would dare to eat apple pie without vanilla ice cream? That would be a crime in my house. Sometimes I go crazy and top the pie with caramel ice cream, which goes nice with the apples.

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:32 am

Quote BobbiSox:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote BobbiSox: Looks like we're the only ones who have made the morning roll call. So you're home again today? Or just the school kids are home. When it's cold here, and believe me, we have had some cold days, I like to cook. I don't usually cook much, but I like to be in the kitchen on a cold day. I'm not a baker either, but I will put a Marie Calenders' frozen peach pie in the oven. Those little ones are just enough for two, and sooooo good. Ever try them?

Bobbi, I can't tell you how much I love to cook! That's one of the big pluses of being retired for me, I get to indulge my passion for all things kitchen related. I love to bake too! My husband loves Marie's chicken pot pies. There are always some of those in our deep freezer. I normally bake our fruit pies so we don't buy those. But I have before and they're very good too.

You can appreciate this fruit pie story. My step daughter came over during the holidays and decided she was going to use my kitchen to bake FIVE fruit pies from scratch. Long story short, you can imagine the mess on my counter-tops. I had to make a run to buy wine and when I came home I thought the house was on fire. I could smell something burning from outside! She didn't put anything under the pies, no cookie sheets, not aluminum foil. So they bubbled over and burned. What a smell that was. It almost spoiled the holiday. Thank goodness for self-cleaning ovens. Next time, she can practice her pie baking at her own home.
I may have been a tad grumpy LOL

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:39 am

I wasn't about to let it spoil my day. The smell did linger for days though. Funny thing, she never asked me. She just came waltzing in with bags full of stuff and announced what she was intending to do. Hey, I don't want to be the wicked step-mother. If she was my natural child, I would have said "oh no you don't". We all make sacrifices to keep the peace, right? That's why we usually go away for the holidays. Far, far away. :)

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:39 am

Quote Joy T: Good morning everyone! I am enjoying my morning coffee while reading and LOL about Bobbi's holiday pie story. That sounds like I Love Lucy. I still love watching those old reruns of her and Ethel. :)

Bobbi, I just baked a Mrs. Smith frozen apple pie and it was really good. No fuss and no mess. Just make sure you've got vanilla ice creme. :)

It's suppose to be 68 today here in Raleigh, NC but cloudy. Tomorrow we are expecting thunderstorms.

Sinny - our little Beagle dog, Brandy has to wear her thunder shirt as she is so afraid.

LSU LSU LSU...WarrrrrEagle!

To all our northern and Canadian friends, us southern gals would love to meet in the sunshine state for fun, sun, lunching and shopping til we drop! We'll have to set aside a day to rewrite Y&R s/l. LOL

Happy Thursday!
Joy

I got to meet sunnyflower and tam bam from this board and it was so fun.. it was really kind of strange tho because it felt like I already knew them and it was not like meeting someone new at all.. so cool and me and sunny got to watch an episode together and I am telling you it was so fun.. I would love to get a big group of us boardies and all watch the show together.. I bet all our board wars would end and we would all be laffing and giggling and yakking.. Y&R fans are some of the funniest most passionate people ever.. YAY us :)

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:41 am

Quote BobbiSox:

LSU LSU LSU...WarrrrrEagle

Happy Thursday!
Joy

And just who would dare to eat apple pie without vanilla ice cream? That would be a crime in my house. Sometimes I go crazy and top the pie with caramel ice cream, which goes nice with the apples.

Do you like apple pie with cheese? I find that it is not as popular as it used to be but still a few out there that like it..

on that note.. anyone else a cheese head? I LOVE cheese.

Joy T

Postby Joy T » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:53 am

Hi Sinny,

I too am a cheese lover. The sharper the better!

Is there a Cheese Cake Factory restaurant in Canada? If not, we must dine there when you bring your son to visit colleges in the south.

Homesick Cajun and I are determined that he play football for Auburn or LSU! :) Make sure you tell him that he already has 2 southern gal fans!!!
:-)

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:03 am

Quote Joy T: Hi Sinny,

I too am a cheese lover. The sharper the better!

Is there a Cheese Cake Factory restaurant in Canada? If not, we must dine there when you bring your son to visit colleges in the south.

Homesick Cajun and I are determined that he play football for Auburn or LSU! :) Make sure you tell him that he already has 2 southern gal fans!!!
:-)

No cheesecake factory here.. but I made my first cheesecake a couple of weeks ago and it turned out so good.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:10 am

Happy Thursday!
Joy

Joy, I'd absolutely love that! Seriously doubt I'll make it home before this season kicks off but maybe (fingers crossed) by the 2015 season. I can see us now, you in your orange and blue, me in my purple and gold. This year it's on your turf but next it'll be back on mine. Always such a good game. We don't play each other until sometime in October this year. Another thing they both have in common is the always the strength of schedule. Where as "THEY" always schedule nothing but high school teams. That's how they have such a good record. "THEY" don't really play anybody other than LSU and AU. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. LSU and AU always have the toughest schedules. I don't know how "THEY" get away with it. "THEY" should be required to play more of the powerhouse SEC teams. :~

Oh, well, rant over. Can't stand those guys, especially their coach! But, if he had stayed at LSU I'm sure I'd be singing his praises. Funny how that works, huh? :)

Funny story, was watching Auburn play somebody year before last on ESPN and that stupid Beth Moise was announcing the game. When Auburn scored she yelled "Roll Tide". I changed the channel and haven't watched another game she announced since. How stupid is that? And ESPN pays her! I want that gig!

Geaux Tigers!! War Eagle!!

Joy T

Postby Joy T » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:25 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:

Happy Thursday!
Joy

Joy, I'd absolutely love that! Seriously doubt I'll make it home before this season kicks off but maybe (fingers crossed) by the 2015 season. I can see us now, you in your orange and blue, me in my purple and gold. This year it's on your turf but next it'll be back on mine. Always such a good game. We don't play each other until sometime in October this year. Another thing they both have in common is the always the strength of schedule. Where as "THEY" always schedule nothing but high school teams. That's how they have such a good record. "THEY" don't really play anybody other than LSU and AU. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. LSU and AU always have the toughest schedules. I don't know how "THEY" get away with it. "THEY" should be required to play more of the powerhouse SEC teams. :~

Oh, well, rant over. Can't stand those guys, especially their coach! But, if he had stayed at LSU I'm sure I'd be singing his praises. Funny how that works, huh? :)

Funny story, was watching Auburn play somebody year before last on ESPN and that stupid Beth Moise was announcing the game. When Auburn scored she yelled "Roll Tide". I changed the channel and haven't watched another game she announced since. How stupid is that? And ESPN is pays her! I want that gig!

Ms LSU, you are so right! Both our tigers have the toughest schedules. "Their" coach is so arrogant and "those" fans think he is the "bear" reincarnated. They are the worst fans in college football. I will never get over that freak killing our trees at Toomers Corner. "They" make fun of us rolling toilet paper and it's not even about that. We were traveling through their t-town once and got eggs thrown all over our RV because it was decked out in orange and blue. Ugh!

Can't wait for us to get together. 1st stop - a fun night in New Orleans! :)

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:32 am

Quote Joy T:
Quote Homesick Cajun:

Happy Thursday!
Joy

Funny story, was watching Auburn play somebody year before last on ESPN and that stupid Beth Moise was announcing the game. When Auburn scored she yelled "Roll Tide". I changed the channel and haven't watched another game she announced since. How stupid is that? And ESPN is pays her! I want that gig!

Ms LSU, you are so right! Both our tigers have the toughest schedules. "Their" coach is so arrogant and "those" fans think he is the "bear" reincarnated. They are the worst fans in college football. I will never get over that freak killing our trees at Toomers Corner. "They" make fun of us rolling toilet paper and it's not even about that. We were traveling through their t-town once and got eggs thrown all over our RV because it was decked out in orange and blue. Ugh!

Can't wait for us to get together. 1st stop - a fun night in New Orleans! :)

I saw the news report about your trees! That was terrible! You know, I don't remember their fans being so brain dead and juvenile back when The Bear was alive. I really don't. Maybe they were bad, but honestly I think they're a lot worse with Satan there. (That's what I call him). :) Looks to me like his attitude trickles down to the players and the fans. Some of the players have made some pretty outrageous comments to the media too that Bear would have benched them for! He didn't put up with all that nonsense. But, that's how they are now.

Love the New Orleans idea! Meet you in the French Quarter!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”