Is the show a bore.?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Barbyboo

Is the show a bore.?

Postby Barbyboo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Where's the zip, where's the cliff hangers...all these story lines drag out...is anyone else feeling it's getting kinda dull?

Layngel

Re: Is the show a bore.?

Postby Layngel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:05 pm

I like it, but there are some sl I wish they would wrap up like Carmine's murder.

SpeedyFingersAgain

Postby SpeedyFingersAgain » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Quote Barbyboo: Where's the zip, where's the cliff hangers...all these story lines drag out...is anyone else feeling it's getting kinda dull?

It is so dull, it is toast.

Dynamicgal

Postby Dynamicgal » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:01 am

It should have been buried long ago. Now that Adam and Chelsea won't be a couple as they now (recast doesn't work) and Billy is leaving, all that is left is old cronies. The young people are all ratfinks or whiners and squealers. Loved Chelsea back with Adam. Even could handle Nick with Sharon. That one should have never split with Phyllis, but I look at this show now and I wonder why I bother. I come away with a sick stomach because of Victor's "FAMILY" crap over and over and over and it is like a three ring circus with nothing in the middle. With Adam gone, Billy cheating again, anything that held any promise of enjoyment is just gone. It is like they don't know what to do with anyone and just can't fix it, no matter who the director is. I think it is hitting the end of the road stage because there is nothing to revive anymore. The fresh blood is poisoned by Victor's evil and he has gone too far. It is time for retirement. He may think he is wonderful, but the glory light went out a long time ago and isn't reviving. I have lost total interest watching nursing home ready placements trying to stay out of them. Fire them all and start over with a story that is worthy of watching because this one died way back when Cassie did. It is pretty sad when housework is far more exciting than watching what used to be my favorite soap. Even the dresses and glamor are gone. How do they stand going to their jobs every day. Talk about boring and putting in time. Bury it already

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:10 am

Quote Layngel: I like it, but there are some sl I wish they would wrap up like Carmine's murder.

I wish I liked it. I am not happy with the writing at all.. I am loving Days right now tho and I am liking B&Bs katie ridge story.. can't wait for Brooke to get hammered by them

Y&R has no suspense..

coffeerox

Postby coffeerox » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:13 am

Y&R is too repetitive. They keep dragging storylines on for too long and eventually you just don't care anymore, and the writers can't resolve it because they wrote themselves into a corner (ehem, Carmine's murder).

The dialogue is monotonous too (Victor: family, constant threats, etc, Billy: boo freakin hoo, Adam: omg I'm so emotionless look at me). The characters are so 1 dimensional it's not even funny.

Right now, I'm really impressed by Days. I didn't like the Abigail/EJ turn but so far they've been dropping bombs, dealing with the fallout, dragging that on a little bit and then more bombs. I love it.

Sleaze factor is also higher in Days. Right now I'm really digging Theresa and Brady. Very entertaining to watch. I think Theresa is smokin hot and love how evil she is. I love seeing Brady as a drug addict and all the crazy things he does/says.

Supercouplevilly

Postby Supercouplevilly » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:26 am

With Billy leaving, I only watch when him and Victoria are on, I try to watch the whole show, just can't. Even hard to watch my favorite, they won't take this other woman out of their s/l. It would have been more interesting to watch a couple deal with a death together, but they had to bring in someone new to bring the story down.

ksmmm

Postby ksmmm » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27 pm

YES!!!... and it will only get worse when Adam and Billy are gone.

judgejudy

Postby judgejudy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Hello. I am new to this board and totally agree with how boring Y&R has become. I have been watching off and on for many, many years!
I agree that Victor needs to retire! If I were Nikki, I would never let him speak to me in the manner he does.
Lilly and Cane are boring.
I cannot believe the direction they have taken Sharon.
UGH!

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 pm

On the plus side, it was quite something seeing a smiling (with twinkle) Devon yesterday!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”