ALL Y&R Michael Muhney Firing UPDATES No bash.

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
alikat

Re: ALL Y&R Michael Muhney Firing UPDATES No bash.

Postby alikat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:33 pm

From an HR standpoint, it's highly likely they had proof enough of whatever they fired him for that it was a clear and clean termination. As an HR manager I have terminated an employee and then written his "Announcement" that he was stepping down and John Doe would now be the Vice President of xxx. I've also written "retirement" announcements when they were basically told to retire or be fired. The tweet MM wrote could have been cleared or even written as well as the exit interview. Legal wise, the co-workers are pretty much free to speculate and post on their twitter feeds and facebook pages. You don't see them posting specifics because they can't. They are part of the "hear-say" group. The company, the terminated employee and the employee who made the charges (if any were made)would be the ones held to any gag orders for legal purposes. Whether it's right to discuss or not is for the individuals to decide. It's no different that at your own place of work and the gossip about this person's love life or that person's son going to jail or some co-worker who was reprimanded and is on their way out.

Chloemhill

Postby Chloemhill » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Quote M.Alongi:
Quote Jackie10:
Quote Cookie565: First of all, MM has not denied any of the charges. TMZ broke the news, but I recently heard it on my news as well. I loved watching him on screen and I am truly disgusted and cant wait now for him to leave the show. My sypathies lie with his wife and family. Unfortunate for him he will have a very hard time finding another acting job with this hanging over his head. I also think that the negativity directed to the victim is wrong. She has gone thru enough! Funny how our society is quick to blame the victim instead of seeing the true picture because they have faith and love for the actor. This applies to ANY situation. If any one of you had heard of this happening on the news about a non-famous person, I can guarantee you would be very angry or upset! You would want "the book" thrown at him!! MM is very lucky he doesnt have criminal charges pressed against him!

He is pretty much saying this is not true when saying dont believe what you hear. About him or what people are saying about HK.

Also HK has not come forward and said MM did anything to her it is rumors with no lip service from her. So every thing you said about poor little HK should also be said about MM. He is just as much a victim in all of this rumored drama as HK and is treated 10 times worse because he is the man. People didnt like the Adam character fine move on. Shadam was a Great Couple and popular whether people liked it or not Little Nicky will just have to deal with the fact that she love and married his brother. Why take that hate out on MM. He did his job better than most on this soap. He told why he was fired and I am sure some others had a hand in it as well. So people need to stop with the pushing the rumors as truth and treat MM and HK the same and with respect.

Giving famous quotes means nothing. I want to hear.
"I am innocent" from the man. Something he has NOT said.
Hunter may not have come forward to the public because she might consider an settlement with MM out of court which includes her keeping mum on the matter. Lots of celebrites have done it.

Even CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said
I can’t comment on any of the allegations. I can only say that when the producers and Sony [Pictures Television] came to us and said, ‘We want to make a change,’ and they laid out their reasoning why, we supported them.

There is no way these higher ups did not consult with attorneys on the issue before they made their decision to fire MM. IMV he must look guilty. Very happy Hunter spoke up.

Because he has not made an official statement he is guilty? That's just what you want to believe. HK hasn't made an official statement as well but for some reason you believe the rumor like it came from the Bible. Maybe he is not saying anything because he has been told not to by his lawyer.

Oh and because Nina said she supports what the executives told her it means he did it as well? Hey people want to believe what they want. I'm not trying to convince anyone. It's just funny how people will run with a rumor that hasn't been proven yet. No wonder the world is so messed up. Just because someone says it means it's true. HK could have made these allegations but does that mean it's true. Do you know her personally? People lie all the time. If he did, shame on him but no one knows the truth. For me I need more than a rumor.

And by the way, MM doesn't owe you, me, or anyone else anything. Yes a statement would be great but at the end of the day he only has to explain to his family. Who are you?

ckhs

Postby ckhs » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:21 pm

I totally agree. Hated today's show with the barking dog and scarfs. The writers are making a mockery of the storyline. Team MM

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:36 pm

And today there was word that YR probably did hire Chris McKenna to play Adam, so hurrying up and replacing Adam--hurrying so as to make viewers forgot and to really twist the knife in MM, something I thought would be the way the show went--seems to be what's happening. But that news story dd have a "?" at the end. We shall see.

scripteur

Writer Brent Boyd was Bullied by Michael Muhney!

Postby scripteur » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:09 am

Writer Brent Boyd bullied by Michael Muhney!

SID reports: "A Y&R Insider tells us that a writer had to be moved to a secret location to keep Muhney from bugging him about storylines."[/b]

Screen cap: i41.tinypic.com/mr8fmt.jpg

In response, Brent Boyd tweeted:

Brent Boyd ‏@actualBrentBoyd 3h

@xxxxx Hilarious. Clearly referring to me, but I don't have any say on storylines. I had 1000 other reasons to hide from Muhney.

Brent Boyd has often tweeted about Muhney's annoying behavior:

Brent Boyd ‏@actualBrentBoyd Jul 12

@xxxxx hey, Donna. I'm actually script editor, which means I give scenes one last polish before we tape. But -

Brent Boyd ‏@actualBrentBoyd Jul 12

@xxxxx It mostly means I'm just here to rewrite Muhney's scenes until he's happy with them. Be well.

Brent Boyd ‏@actualBrentBoyd Aug 29

@xxxxx You think we'd tell Muhney!? He'd be in here constantly pitching ideas where Adam saves the universe or Adam cures cancer.

Brent Boyd ‏@actualBrentBoyd Jan 10

There's not one single plane with a banner circling over the studio today. It's quiet. Too quiet...

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:10 am

Quote trinilisa:
Quote Sinny:
Quote trinilisa:
Quote Sinny:
Quote Pod3527sky: The writing on Y and R has been very poor. The only characters worth watching was Adam and Chelsea. With Michael Munhey supposedly gone I have stopping watching the soap already. Michael was the only actor who could portray Adam with such depth...no other actor will be able to take his part over...my wish is that Michael go to a prime time show and the Y and R get cancelled.

I totally hope you do not get your wish..I think it is horrible to wish all those people to lose their jobs all so MM has one. He is the reason HE was fired.

Great post about "the Almighty" (lol) Sinny!

well for real.. all the people that work for Y&R should lose their job all cuz MM did. 8)

Truly, I don't get the logic? Why should everyone be fired for MM's being fired, which he has said was on him in the exit interview?

That is just wrong.. lots of the people on the show have families to support and to wish that they all lose their jobs in protest of someone who admits he was fired because of his OWN actions.

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:16 am

Quote alikat: From an HR standpoint, it's highly likely they had proof enough of whatever they fired him for that it was a clear and clean termination. As an HR manager I have terminated an employee and then written his "Announcement" that he was stepping down and John Doe would now be the Vice President of xxx. I've also written "retirement" announcements when they were basically told to retire or be fired. The tweet MM wrote could have been cleared or even written as well as the exit interview. Legal wise, the co-workers are pretty much free to speculate and post on their twitter feeds and facebook pages. You don't see them posting specifics because they can't. They are part of the "hear-say" group. The company, the terminated employee and the employee who made the charges (if any were made)would be the ones held to any gag orders for legal purposes. Whether it's right to discuss or not is for the individuals to decide. It's no different that at your own place of work and the gossip about this person's love life or that person's son going to jail or some co-worker who was reprimanded and is on their way out.

Great post I agree so much and the bolded part especially.. the rest of the cast speaking is no different than any other work place gossip.

SoapySportFan

Postby SoapySportFan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 am

I am not looking for everyone to get fired (except JFP!) but after MM and BM were done with their scenes, there were precious few actors or stories that even interested me. I did quit watching on 1/31 because I was really angry that BM and MM were let go; I kept reading the updates here, and I realized that I was actually skimming the updates. So I am taking a break. But I would love to come back, if I had a good reason to. I will continue to pop in here and see if anything catches my eye. But I miss MM. And BM. ;(

SoapySportFan

Postby SoapySportFan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:17 pm

I just read that Elizabeth Hendrickson may not resign when her contract expires this year. Michael had great on-screen chemistry with her! I loved when MM, MCE and EH were in business together with their website. Maybe MM and EH and BM (and MCE? there are rumors about her too) can all land on a web show or primetime venue together. A girl can dream :)

Soaps Admin

Postby Soaps Admin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:42 pm

We kept this thread open for people to discuss the firing in the hopes no others would crop up but many others have. We have closed those and now we feel that after three months of this same discussion, we feel there is no reason to keep it open. Nothing new has been brought to this thread and we are still seeing posts that go against our guidelines. We are now closing this thread. We will close any new threads because with each new thread comes more actor bashing and fanbase baiting. This site is a place to debate and discuss, not to bash anybody. Those involved will want to move on from this and so do we.

Admin

Return to “The Young and the Restless”