ALL Y&R Michael Muhney Firing UPDATES No bash.

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Nemo Highway

Re: Y&R' Michael Muhney Firing UPDATES

Postby Nemo Highway » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm not interested in personal lives of the actors. I'm just a fan of some of the characters they play! So let's just say MM did grope HK? How is it going to affect you in your daily life!? I live in reality ! I hope it did not happen, but if it did it's not my business! Karma will take care of the situation one way or another!

Lanie1959

Postby Lanie1959 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Quote Sylviastel:
Quote Jackie10: In my opinion MM has said all that needs to be said. He was fired for arrogance and pride. The rumors arent true what is being said about him and HK are rumors "Dont believe what you hear and half of what you see". And people "need to be kind to her and everyone else". What more do people need.

We do really need to move on from this. He is not going to be coming back.
I do believe his OCD got out of his control & caused his difficult behavior even the possible groping incidents! Instead of having a private intervention with the cast & trained counselor, I believe Muhney could have turned around. Unfortunately under jfp's rule of tyranny, the show is still in a dismal state in itself. The cast are terrified! As for Hirsch saying that they would be on the unemployment line for speaking up, I don't believe that! Soaps are slowly dying a painful death! I believe soap journalists are part of the problems because they think soap fans are immature children! Anyway I wish all the best for everybody involved!

If he really has OCD it's his responsibility to seek help and own up to his behavior, and seek treatment ...he has alienated almost everyone he works with so it's up to him to do something about it.I can't blame JFP or anybody else for his actions he got fired from Veronica Mars for the same reasons and she had nothing to do with that show.

Nemo Highway

Postby Nemo Highway » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Some act as though he raped and killed her! Some here are gullible and are as bad as the trash mags spreading gossip! No kind are sexual harassment is ok!!

lynj

Postby lynj » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:05 pm

He did not really say his firing was all on him. He said his attitude was, but he left a lot up in the air, acted surprised about the dismissal. Fans were also surprised and upset. Then this story leaked. Was wrong to do that but bound to happen. It should have stayed private but I think he just prompted more speculation.

That said, I think it's gone far enough. Now it's a private family matter. I hope HK is okay. Not her fault and I'm sure she didn't want to get drawn into it. She wanted the matter to be private.

Best to leave things as they are, he has to take this up now with future employers as it's out there. And he probably has personal issues to work out and with his family, which is private business. Up to him to clear his name, nobody else. I personally think the campaign to reinstate him should stop unless he's going to come forth and clarify.

I liked him as Adam but tired now of this whole business. There are no other interesting characters to watch, it's sad after many years viewing but just a soap.

Ethelmae02

Postby Ethelmae02 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Quote Jackie10: In my opinion MM has said all that needs to be said. He was fired for arrogance and pride. The rumors arent true what is being said about him and HK are rumors "Dont believe what you hear and half of what you see". And people "need to be kind to her and everyone else". What more do people need.
how can one be fired for arrogance and pride? that dont sound like grounds for immediate dismissal. If that were the case Y&R would be probably shut down. Its got to be more to it than that and you nor I or anyone else know MM personally to make such a suggestion on what he's saying is true or not. Seems he's just stirring the pot on what has happened and inflamming his fans

SadieLadie

Postby SadieLadie » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Quote Ethelmae02:
how can one be fired for arrogance and pride? that dont sound like grounds for immediate dismissal. If that were the case Y&R would be probably shut down. Its got to be more to it than that and you nor I or anyone else know MM personally to make such a suggestion on what he's saying is true or not. Seems he's just stirring the pot on what has happened and inflamming his fans

Exactly my point. I think everybody knows of MM's arrogance and outspokenness and "hubris;" even MM. You do not get fired for that. At least not with only 2 or 3 days notice in the middle of a huge storyline. Something bigger than that happened. Nobody knows but MM and his bosses, but I'm convinced something (beyond arrogance) caused his sudden dismissal.

Obviously, he's never going to say what it was and neither are TPTB, so I'm just going to leave it alone and move on. At the end of the day, it's not going to change our lives (the viewers) one way or the other. I still love Y&R and will watch it till the stage fades to black. ❤️👏

hilaricious

Postby hilaricious » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:35 pm

hilaricious

Postby hilaricious » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:37 pm

If you have 10 minutes, you might want to read "Ethics in Journalism." When I was in Journalism school, we called it the "one page book."

Jokes aside, most journalists do have ethics. Now, on to your question.

Minutes after Michael Muhney was let go, the press knew why. I told some journalism friends that the tabloids would break the story first. I am not bad-mouthing the guys who work in that line of journalism. They believe that everyone has the right to know everything. Some people agree; some do not.

Let's go back to the 1980s. AIDS was just on the rise. Sadly, several actors who worked on soaps contracted the disease that, at the time, was considered a death sentence. No one in the daytime press published any names. At the time, I decided if an actor called me and asked me to write an article on his fight with AIDS, I would do it. No one called.

Some members of the daytime press will do blind items. In all my years of doing this, I have done two blind items. I love to read them. I just don't do them.

As for reporting the Michael Muhney story, it was a messy affair. His cast mate Hunter King (Summer) claimed that he had groped her on more than one occasion.

One daytime blogger did an interview with Muhney and made it seem that he was let go because he had a big mouth. If that were true, almost very actor on the "Y&R" set would be on the unemployment line. One blogger did say that Muhney was let go for inappropriate interaction with a cast mate.

I decided not to report it because I was fearful some fans might blame the victim. Boy, have they. The names they have called this just-turned-20-year-old are disgusting. The amazing thing is that many fans who think Muhney is a great actor — and he is — think that means he could not have done this. Or they believe she made up the story because he did not pay attention to her.

On the plus side, many more have supported her and her decision to go to "Young and Restless, "Sony" and CBS" brass. Many of her cast mates have come to her defense.

Maybe I am a little biased. I am a busty girl. I cannot tell you how many times I have been touched when and where I did not want to be. I have never reported it. When I was young, you said nothing. In those years, you just stayed away from the offender. I thought — hoped — those days were over. Then this comes out. In some ways, it still is the bad old days.

--- Lynda Hirsch

shoozeyque

Postby shoozeyque » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:13 am

Quote lynj: There were rumours about Eric Braeden and Maura West a few weeks ago. They both went on Twitter immediately to deny it. Given how outspoken MM is, why wouldn't he do the same? That's what I find strange. Especially with the professional repercussions it could have. I can understand ignoring message board gossip, but media reports now openly naming him?

Totally moving on...

I read what Jerry Douglas had to say. He is a seasoned veteran actor of Y&R. Read what Eric Braeden had to say in an interview about this whole thing on Radar on Line.

I never was a fan of MM or Adam. If he in fact did do this, he deserves exactly what he gets.

But putting that aside, I've gotten this impression of MM over the years, that he is an arrogant SOB, though an excellent actor and easy on the eyes, he wouldn't hesitate to step on other people's toes [fellow cast mates] to further his agenda.

Has he actually come and and adamantly denied this accusation and if he hasn't, why not?

shackfan

Postby shackfan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 am

Quote hilaricious: If you have 10 minutes, you might want to read "Ethics in Journalism." When I was in Journalism school, we called it the "one page book."

Jokes aside, most journalists do have ethics. Now, on to your question.

Minutes after Michael Muhney was let go, the press knew why. I told some journalism friends that the tabloids would break the story first. I am not bad-mouthing the guys who work in that line of journalism. They believe that everyone has the right to know everything. Some people agree; some do not.

Let's go back to the 1980s. AIDS was just on the rise. Sadly, several actors who worked on soaps contracted the disease that, at the time, was considered a death sentence. No one in the daytime press published any names. At the time, I decided if an actor called me and asked me to write an article on his fight with AIDS, I would do it. No one called.

Some members of the daytime press will do blind items. In all my years of doing this, I have done two blind items. I love to read them. I just don't do them.

As for reporting the Michael Muhney story, it was a messy affair. His cast mate Hunter King (Summer) claimed that he had groped her on more than one occasion.

One daytime blogger did an interview with Muhney and made it seem that he was let go because he had a big mouth. If that were true, almost very actor on the "Y&R" set would be on the unemployment line. One blogger did say that Muhney was let go for inappropriate interaction with a cast mate.

I decided not to report it because I was fearful some fans might blame the victim. Boy, have they. The names they have called this just-turned-20-year-old are disgusting. The amazing thing is that many fans who think Muhney is a great actor — and he is — think that means he could not have done this. Or they believe she made up the story because he did not pay attention to her.

On the plus side, many more have supported her and her decision to go to "Young and Restless, "Sony" and CBS" brass. Many of her cast mates have come to her defense.

Maybe I am a little biased. I am a busty girl. I cannot tell you how many times I have been touched when and where I did not want to be. I have never reported it. When I was young, you said nothing. In those years, you just stayed away from the offender. I thought — hoped — those days were over. Then this comes out. In some ways, it still is the bad old days.

--- Lynda Hirsch

I Studied Communication and journalist also . And thirst thing I learnt it's before broadcasting news checked if our source are reliable and sure , what you said didn't give any inch of answer than MM was guilty of sexual harassment against HK.

He said than he deserved to be fired of the way he behaved with other cast members ,no because he assaulted a girl of 20 years old.

Nobody from the production or the supposed victim confirmed the assault just a gossip who has been spread ....

So I believe in the innocence of a man until he is proofed guilty,... As I won't believe the other rumor stating than HK was the person having unappropriated behavior against MM....

All words has been disturbed to show MM as a sexual aggressor even none of the cast members has stated this words... They only showed they supported than MM's fans stop harassing HK but it doesn't said than MM is guilty ,... Just they want than hate twitters stop to be sent to HK...

I clap this board in shock , because it's not an update about the firing of MM ,but just a bashing thread against the actor.... An update if I am not wrong are exact facts published when something change in a situation and not stating personal opinion of how you feel about the actor...
It is not because the most of you think it's a jerk make him guilty ...

You don't end up your week of work when you fired for harassment ,and certainly don't go public in the media ...

Return to “The Young and the Restless”