What do u think Michelle Stafford will do 2014?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
lynj

What do u think Michelle Stafford will do 2014?

Postby lynj » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:40 am

Do you think her web series will get picked up by a network, as she is aiming for?

Some bits of it were fun but I really don't know how it's the basis of a long term TV series.

Homesick Cajun

Re: What do u think Michelle Stafford will do 2014?

Postby Homesick Cajun » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:54 am

As a Phyllis fan, I'm ashamed to say I haven't watched one episode.

Much as I love Michelle in the role of Phyllis, I don't wish her back as long as the current regime is ruining the show. The tension backstage has got to be so thick you could cut it with a knife. I don't envy any of them still working for Phelps.

I'm hoping that her series gets picked up, or she gets a part on another program. I want her to be happy and I don't think that's possible now on Y&R.

lynj

Postby lynj » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:00 am

Quote Homesick Cajun: As a Phyllis fan, I'm ashamed to say I haven't watched one episode.

Much as I love Michelle in the role of Phyllis, I don't wish her back as long as the current regime is ruining the show. The tension backstage has got to be so thick you could cut it with a knife. I don't envy any of them still working for Phelps.

I'm hoping that her series gets picked up, or she gets a part on another program. I want her to be happy and I don't think that's possible now on Y&R.

That's true she's probably glad to be away from all the drama right now, doing her own thing.

There is a line in her finale like 'Help! I'm in a room full of freaks, and I work with them all!' Lol

Donk

Postby Donk » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:23 am

I really hope she returns because she's great
as Phyllis aka Red.

FL senior fan

Postby FL senior fan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:56 am

Quote Donk: I really hope she returns because she's great
as Phyllis aka Red.

-----------
True, but if she doesn't come back soon the writer's have no choice but to REPLACE HER and keep the character alive.
My "gut" says she'll probably try for movies.

biggalow jones

Postby biggalow jones » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Phyllis is a character you love to hate and Michelle played her so well that people could not tell one from the other which made her a little upset and you can't blame her, but i would love for her to come back because i just can't see any one playing the part as well as she did.

Cat12

Postby Cat12 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:43 pm

I just watched all the episodes and I really liked them. It was great seeing her with her daughter and friends. Even though it represented the struggles in her life, it was lighthearted and funny. She would do well in a comedy. I loved/hated the Phyllis character but always thought MS is a great actress. :)

SuziDecorator

Postby SuziDecorator » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 pm

I haven't watched any of her new venture either. MS as Phyllis was a classic role and I loved the character. She was truly a multi-faceted character - bad, good, selfish, generous, soft, tough, smart, dumb as a box of rocks at times, all the emotions she went through were well done. Except in a very few cases where the viewer truly hated MS herself, I think most viewers who didn't like Phyllis would have to agree MS was awesome in that role.

hopey pix

Postby hopey pix » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 pm

I like her web series,but RED,YOU NEED TO COME BACK TO Y&R!!(ARE YOU KIDDING ME,she may say)?!!!BUT,SERIOUSLY RED,WAKE UP AND COME BACK TO US NOW!!!

Deana4Villy

Postby Deana4Villy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:07 pm

I guess I'm in the minority, but I believed she was sincere when she said that her sister's cancer caused her to reevaluate what she wanted from her life and she decided to go for it.

I don't think Y&R has done her justice, probably since the character worked at RS. I liked her trouble making there.

I enjoy her web series, and since it is mainly about her finding losers as she navigates dating as a single mom, my wish is that she'd bring Billy Miller on as a guest, maybe recurring good date/boyfriend. I never wanted Phyllis and Billy together on the show, but you could see chemistry onscreen. Since there is a category for web series at the Daytime Emmy Awards now, with Billy in her corner, she could take it.

It seems like the finale may be a sign of things to come with a good guy (James Scott), though. And speaking of the losers, who didn't enjoy Marco Dapper's inappropriate questions to Michele and her just as bold answers to him on her series finale?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”