It's Official. The writers Guild has gone on Strike.

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Revasfan

Re: It's Official. The writers Guild has gone on Strike.

Postby Revasfan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:13 pm

Some people (not you) are so simple minded. They think that writing these things are so easy. The disrespect really bothers me.

NickiNicole

Postby NickiNicole » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:13 pm

Quote cherchezlefemme: Well... I would certainly be interested in writing for Y&R. I think Mr. Brooks would make great story lines and Ms. Tuttle would be awesome for keeping balance in the show. Gotta have Reva for comic releif. shoot... we'd even have a slap out between Sharon and Mag-Pie Maggie just to spice things up a bit! ;) ;)

haha that'd be funny, the show must go on

marylou627

Postby marylou627 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:34 pm

Quote NickiNicole:
Quote cherchezlefemme: No notches for anyone... Late Night Talk shows will feel the first bite because they are "live" shows. All of us soap fans will feel the crunch a while later because soaps shoot several episodes in advance, so we will be okay for a while... When the networks run out of footage, then they will start showing the "best of" kinda stuff. ;)

hmm hopefully the writers will not be on strike anymore when the shows catch up to real life. Maybe CBS should hire us fans to write it for a while. that'd be fun since were all so dedicated already. We'd never go on strike, except maybe who should be hooking up with who. hahahah

I was thinking that too....we could probably do a bang-up job while the writers are on strike!

SouthernLady

Postby SouthernLady » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:56 pm

If the strike lasts a long time like i read it did last time..over 5 months..

some viewers will tire of watching classic episodes..if even shown....networks could go w/sports or news...

they will lose the habit of watching and some may not come back...

this happened w/the OJ trial....

Return to “The Young and the Restless”