Most disappointing story of the year for you

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
BobbiSox

Re: Most disappointing story of the year for you

Postby BobbiSox » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Quote strbl: Tough to say, as every storyline of the last several months has been a disappointment. I'd put Delia's death number one, because that and its aftermath has made the show unwatchable for me. But I agree with the first poster that the injection of Dylan into all aspects of the show has hurt it too. Then there's Phyllis in a coma , the Summer paternity fiasco, Sharon and the mean ghost, Katherine's will, the Baldwins in jail, the Winters stalker story.....come to think of it, are there any stories that are not disappointing?

ITA with you. Another death of a child. I haven't been watching since I knew that was coming. I just started back watching, and I have to FF every time there is mention of it, which is every five minutes. Too depressing.

CdnMama

Postby CdnMama » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Quote valleycliffe: i guess FOR ME, it was the over the top trashing and assassination of Sharon. making her the scapegoat for others was and is just plain sickening...

hoping there is a turn-around for her character and it comes out she didn't do a blessed thing to summers pat. test. >(

Me too. The most disapointing thing for me, was that Sharon supposedly had something to do with the paternity fiasco; I don't believe she really did this and I hope the writers have it turn out that she only thought that she did it.

lbugcoco

Postby lbugcoco » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Precious Delia Billy could have messed around without killing her and Adam would have definitly messed up on his own

lbugcoco

Postby lbugcoco » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Precious Delia Billy could have messed around without killing her and Adam would have definitly messed up on his own

Ontarian

Postby Ontarian » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 am

1. Lauren, Michael and Fen - (yawn) the whining, boring, storyline needs to end
2. Sharon and her actions and delusions, (yawn) needs to end
3. Phyllis, her coma, (yawn) needs to end
4. Dylan and Nicky storyline, dumb (yawn)
5. Cane and Lily storyline, not going anywhere (yawn)
6. Devon storyline, at a standstill (yawn)
7. Nick (yawn)
8. Neil (more yawning)

I could go on and on, but I'll sum it up. What has happened to my Y&R? The whole show has gone downhill in the last few years. It's become boring, not as exciting as it once was, and very disappointing. I want my old Y&R back!

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:48 am

I have to say the Fen murder and Lauren affair, mostly because I like Michael and Lauren and they have dragged it on. Tied with that is the Billy cheating with Kelly sl.

FL senior fan

Postby FL senior fan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:02 am

Quote Ericafan: I have to saying was Phyllis's coma. She was a strong female character, the rest of the women are weak or Whiney. I miss Past women characters like Dorian Lord, Erica Kane and Angela Hubbard. Love them or hate them, they had a presence. You remember them. I'm embarrassed to admit that sometimes when I'm reading a post I forget who these people are for a moment, and I've been watching the show for about 6 months.
Phyllis leaving has left a void.

-------------
I tend to agree with you. Everything involved leading up to her coma was interesting/entertaining...however, the CHARACTER should have came out of it (with or w/o M.S.).

Beckyjo

Postby Beckyjo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 am

I kind of liked the Lauren affair just because her and Michael were getting boring. Hate the murder part and everything to do with fen. Send him away and bring back a hot Scotty to hook up with Chloe or someone. Also don't know if I missed something or what but didn't ever understand how Gus was connected to rose. He said he never cheated on his wife so why did she need him the night his wife was murdered? Idk maybe I missed that part.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 am

Quote Beckyjo: I kind of liked the Lauren affair just because her and Michael were getting boring. Hate the murder part and everything to do with fen. Send him away and bring back a hot Scotty to hook up with Chloe or someone. Also don't know if I missed something or what but didn't ever understand how Gus was connected to rose. He said he never cheated on his wife so why did she need him the night his wife was murdered? Idk maybe I missed that part.

Scotty Grainger??? Yes please :D

FL senior fan

Postby FL senior fan » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Quote Beckyjo: I kind of liked the Lauren affair just because her and Michael were getting boring. Hate the murder part and everything to do with fen. Send him away and bring back a hot Scotty to hook up with Chloe or someone. Also don't know if I missed something or what but didn't ever understand how Gus was connected to rose. He said he never cheated on his wife so why did she need him the night his wife was murdered? Idk maybe I missed that part.

-----------------------------------
I kind of agree; Lauren having an affair was exciting. However everything revolving around it being found out in the way it was, the tormenting then murder did not interest me. Solving murder has drug out way too long now being haunted by twin brother!Really??!!
What could have been entertaining is IF THE WRITER'S would have allowed her affair to continue (secretly) for years
and not discovered but with close calls.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”