Who do you think is the love of Adam's life?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cdhg

Re: Who do you think is the love of Adam's life?

Postby cdhg » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Chelsea Lawson. This is my viewpoint based on what I have seen on screen through actions, dialogue, emotions, etc. Their relationship to me points to a deep relationship of both accepting each other despite their pasts and wanting a family together going beyond sex. Adam made that one great love comment a while back and Chelsea mentioned Adam as the love of her life. The writers would not go there with Chelsea's dialogue if it wasn't true in reverse IMO. So I see Adam and Chelsea being the love of each other's lives and Nick and Sharon being the loves of each other's lives.

laurie6

Postby laurie6 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:40 pm

IMO, It depend on the story they are writing at the time. The love of anyone's life on this show changes with each story line. At first it was Sharon and now it seems like Adam forgot all about her and for a while now he only cares about Chelsea and she is the love of his life at this time.

orange112477

Postby orange112477 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:54 pm

I think he loves Chelsea but I also think he loves Sharon as well.In my opinon he and Chelsea seem better together.

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Adam has two loves:
Victor represents unrequited love and
Connor gives him a chance to show unconditional love. JMHO!

Embrace

Postby Embrace » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Quote APRIL JOY: Adam is like Victor.I do believe and feel ShAron was and is the love of his life. Yes he loves Chelsea and he love his son but Adam real heart belong with ShAron. He also like his father looks out for himself. Adam can love two women at the same time.Chelsea is like Adam a con who will do what they both need to get what they want.Sharon is a lot like his mother hope.sweet kind see others dark side but looks for the good in them.everyone knows a man falls for those that remind them of their mother. Chelsea might be with Adam but will never be the soul mate ShAron was with Adam.

You nailed it!

Embrace

Postby Embrace » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Quote Bebenette: Sharon is the true love of his life. There was nothing he would not do for Sharon. He would follow her do anything to be with her. She saw the real Adam and loved him. Adam was so passionate loving and tender with Sharon and he worshiped the ground she walked on. Adam came alive with her but unfortunately due to bad writing and obviously the intention to get rid of him, they stopped the story abruptly and stuck him with Chelsea whom he had no chemistry with. They thought it would make it easier to get rid of him as he has been a pale imitation of his character lately, always moping around.

POW!!! NOTHING MORE TO SAY. YOU SAID IT PERFECTLY!

Embrace

Postby Embrace » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Quote laurie6: IMO, It depend on the story they are writing at the time. The love of anyone's life on this show changes with each story line. At first it was Sharon and now it seems like Adam forgot all about her and for a while now he only cares about Chelsea and she is the love of his life at this time.

And this is what the writers would like us to do - change our feelings as they keep changing their storylines. They want us to believe something else other than what we have witnessed on our very screens. If I may speak for Shadam fans, we saw the greatest love story ever told on any soap. We saw a character that fought all odds for his one true love. He pursued her; he never gave up on her; and swept her off her feet. He was there when she had no one. He showed her how to fight and be strong when Nick tore her down and treated her like a child. She fell passionately in love with this man. And he told her, "THERE IS NO ONE ELSE, ONLY YOU AND ME." She was there for him just the same. There was a time it was them two against the world. She helped him become a better person - the Adam we see today. Chelsea didn't do that.She simply reaped the benefits. When things were over with Chelsea, he never pursued her the way he did Sharon. He is not madly in love with Chelsea. They may make sense because of Connor (a baby named after another man). But why wouldn't they. It may be easier more convienient for him to accept what is in his house. But it was so much more passionate and charismatic with Sharon. I don't even know how it can be questioned who Adam's true love really is.

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Quote Embrace:
Quote laurie6: IMO, It depend on the story they are writing at the time. The love of anyone's life on this show changes with each story line. At first it was Sharon and now it seems like Adam forgot all about her and for a while now he only cares about Chelsea and she is the love of his life at this time.

And this is what the writers would like us to do - change our feelings as they keep changing their storylines. They want us to believe something else other than what we have witnessed on our very screens. If I may speak for Shadam fans, we saw the greatest love story ever told on any soap. We saw a character that fought all odds for his one true love. He pursued her; he never gave up on her; and swept her off her feet. He was there when she had no one. He showed her how to fight and be strong when Nick tore her down and treated her like a child. She fell passionately in love with this man. And he told her, "THERE IS NO ONE ELSE, ONLY YOU AND ME." She was there for him just the same. There was a time it was them two against the world. She helped him become a better person - the Adam we see today. Chelsea didn't do that.She simply reaped the benefits. When things were over with Chelsea, he never pursued her the way he did Sharon. He is not madly in love with Chelsea. They may make sense because of Connor (a baby named after another man). But why wouldn't they. It may be easier more convienient for him to accept what is in his house. But it was so much more passionate and charismatic with Sharon. I don't even know how it can be questioned who Adam's true love really is.

I think Adam and Sharon had incredible chemistry, and this is coming from someone who is a Chadam fan. I like Chelsea and Adam as I see them as kindred spirits. But I also think he had a special spark with Sharon. The thing is..if Adam is not killed off..if he is recast..we will probably see Shadam and Chadam revisited many times. It's a soap and couples very rarely last too long. He will probably have another _____dam in the future as well...making both fan bases mad.

laurie6

Postby laurie6 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Quote Embrace:

There is an argument for both sides on why he loves there fav female the most, And both sides have pretty good points on why they are right which is classic soap writing IMO. I like both couples and think at one time Sharon was the love of his life but at this time it is Chelsea. If he wanted Sharon back he could have had her but he wanted Chelsea even before he knew Connor was his.IMO

TwoOfEach

Postby TwoOfEach » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Quote Embrace:

It can be questioned b/c Adam never treated Chelsea like a tramp; he never dumped Chelsea on his father's say so; B/c he hasn't said "I love you" to Sharon since he married Chelsea in Kansas.

Adam never chased after Chelsea b/c he's never really felt that he deserved to be happy or to get the "happily ever after" that he feels Chelsea deserves. How long was it after Sharon dumped him blind and alone before he fell for Chelsea--he said he realized it was when she fell through the ice so less than 2 months. . He never moved on from Chelsea, but instead decided that he wasn't good at love and gave up on it. Adam leaves the canvas in about 6 weeks and he is currently planning a life with Chelsea. So I don't think its anywhere obvious that Sharon is the love of Adam's life. The subject is debatable

Return to “The Young and the Restless”