Writers you ruining Adam!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
jorie

Re: Writers you ruining Adam!

Postby jorie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Quote Gemini50: The Adam character was ruined long ago as a poster stated on this thread. The homosexual lie with Raffe, the purple dress, Patty Williams, buring the fetus, switching Faith
to Ashley, etc. He was one dimensional then and was fired but someone went to bat for him and gave him new life.
The con did not destroy this character. In fact it gave Adam another dimension and life that was badly needed. Ask yourself how long could he continue doing all these bad things (which he is still paying for today) before getting seriously axed. Thanks the con story he got to stay. A brilliant move in my opinion. I agree JFP has made him a dummy but she is the dummy pulling for her fav not for anyone else on this soap. He can still be a greatfather and husband and still have the character we all love. The narky remarks, the loner, the unacepted one. I believe he is finally accepting himself. The writers are to blame along with JFP. It occurred to me that the PTB stole Adams story or copied it to get Dylan in as the main man (talk about one dimensional and boring). Adam is the outcast Victor's son and Dylan will be the outcast Nikki's son. Somehow I doubt JFP will have Dylan as outcasAdam... At least Adam has come to terms about his father and what is and always has been important to him, love and acceptance
self respect and family. Adam will be the snarky Adam again
but for now he is truly becoming a stronger character and man, at least if the writers' write it well and stop with the moping. Adam has always done that from way back. He wants to be loved and accepted at least now he knows he has to love himself first. I hope this Delia story improves the character and gives it depth and substance. If you notice JFP is trying to do this will the the characters, same story but different players. JFP is boring and should be fired asap. Again, the beautiful burnett doe eyed con is not to blame for Adam's problems. she married the problems and had to deal with the devil.

I luv that they're humanizing him.doesn't mean he can' be snarky . ;)

jorie

Postby jorie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Quote Gemini50: The Adam character was ruined long ago as a poster stated on this thread. The homosexual lie with Raffe, the purple dress, Patty Williams, buring the fetus, switching Faith
to Ashley, etc. He was one dimensional then and was fired but someone went to bat for him and gave him new life.
The con did not destroy this character. In fact it gave Adam another dimension and life that was badly needed. Ask yourself how long could he continue doing all these bad things (which he is still paying for today) before getting seriously axed. Thanks the con story he got to stay. A brilliant move in my opinion. I agree JFP has made him a dummy but she is the dummy pulling for her fav not for anyone else on this soap. He can still be a greatfather and husband and still have the character we all love. The narky remarks, the loner, the unacepted one. I believe he is finally accepting himself. The writers are to blame along with JFP. It occurred to me that the PTB stole Adams story or copied it to get Dylan in as the main man (talk about one dimensional and boring). Adam is the outcast Victor's son and Dylan will be the outcast Nikki's son. Somehow I doubt JFP will have Dylan as outcasAdam... At least Adam has come to terms about his father and what is and always has been important to him, love and acceptance
but for now he is truly becoming a stronger character and man, at least if the writers' write it well and stop with the moping. Adam has always done that from way back. He wants to be loved and accepted at least now he knows he has to love himself first. I hope this Delia story improves the character and gives it depth and substance. If you notice JFP is trying to do this will the the characters, same story but different players. JFP is boring and should be fired asap. Again, the beautiful burnett doe eyed con is not to blame for Adam's problems. she married the problems and had to deal with the devil.

ladycam

Postby ladycam » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Chelsea had her own problem when she got with Adam. Her raping Billy is disgusting to many.Also her accusing him of rape after being the rapist also made some sick. And sleeping with Dylan while she was pregnant for another man didn't do her character any favors. MAB tried to redeem both of them at the same time and many fell in love with the pairing. Maybe Shadam fans blame blame Chelsea for Adam's problem. For me it's writers because Chelsea annoys me also. It's being one year and her dialogues are repetitive I can't even stand to look at her anymore. First the miscarriage, then the paternity lie and now it's Delia.Each time she has the same lines over and over again. While I can stand Adam's constant doom and gloom after all he's my favorite. Adding Chelsea and the repetitive lines makes it worse for me. To Chelsea fans am sure they don't care that she repeats they just love the character.JMHO

Ona34

Postby Ona34 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Quote jorie:

We know that Adam didn't kill Delia. He thinks he does but if they are humanizing him then why doesn't he go to the authorities telling them he THINKS he killed Delia. If he being humanized he would have already admitted it instead of putting Billy and Chloe thru pure hell wanting to know who killed their daughter. We know they will prove he didn't do it but to me in order for Adam to be humanized he has to admit to the authorities what he thinks.

Bebenette

Postby Bebenette » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:03 pm

I totally agree. Adam used to be a dynamic character. Now he is mopey boring and weak. He used to have such passion and fire. He needs to get away from Chelsea. She seems to put him to sleep. Adam needs to be back with Sharon so he can find his passion and his fire again.

grammapam

Postby grammapam » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Ive always been an Adam fan,but liked him much better when he had his 'dark' side.He plays the part better than this 'wuss' they're turning him into,imo.
Adam has always had a soft side,deep down there somewhere,and he has shown us this with his Son.The 'evil Adam' always kept us guessing as to what he would pull off next to pi$$ us off,but the writers seemed to have,for the most part,made him into a totally different person.
Having said all that,he's still a Man to stand his ground and I had hoped that he would win his Fathers' love in the end,just the way Hope would have wanted it.Not gonna happen.

jorie

Postby jorie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Ona34, The only reason Adam has not turned him self in ,is b//c he does not want to leave his son fatherless like he was by victor..hes afraid he won't be able to protect Connor if hes in jail. He believes that these hypocrites will not believe that he did not see Dee,he is thinking about CONNOR. BUT HAS TREMDOUS GUILT ABOUT WHAT HE THINKS HE DID..

jorie

Postby jorie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:28 pm

grammapam .Hope never knew how horrible victor would be to Adam ,Adam will be a stronger person when hes gone through this journey,and he won't need Victor.he'll be a better father than victor is to all his kids.

jorie

Postby jorie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:34 pm

victor will be the one who will have to win ADAMS LOVE AGAIN.HE SCREWED UP BEING SO PARINOID ,NOT GETTING IT THAT,JACK HELPED Adam get Newman back b/c he knew how much Adam loved his father.Adam shouldn't have to work to win fathers love , victor doesn't know what love is.

lilie

Postby lilie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Quote jorie: Ona34, The only reason Adam has not turned him self in ,is b//c he does not want to leave his son fatherless like he was by victor..hes afraid he won't be able to protect Connor if hes in jail. He believes that these hypocrites will not believe that he did not see Dee,he is thinking about CONNOR. BUT HAS TREMENDOUS GUILT ABOUT WHAT HE THINKS HE DID..

ITA, Adam is ONLY thinking about his little peanut and he surely doesn't doesn't want to live little Peanut fatherless

Return to “The Young and the Restless”