Cane, Lily, & the kids travel around the world !!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Rfan

Re: Cane, Lily, & the kids travel around the world !!!

Postby Rfan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Quote ajsp35801:
Quote Rfan:
Quote ThornsandRoses:
Quote Blue 501: I am not an enemy of Cane (or Lily). I agree that they belong on the show. I just don't understand how they can turn a complete & utter con man like Cane into a Saint when poor Sharon, who has been on the show for as long as I have been watching, is constantly torn down & made into an evil person when there has never been a mean streak at all. She used to be the sweetest, gentlest person on the show. Where is her redemption? So many others have had one (Cane, Chelsea, Michael, now Hilary). And why is Sharon still hated so intensely by some posters? If she is a villainess now, where is the love that some other villainesses have had?
<p>
The bold is why I am not liking Cane's and Lily's attitudes these days. I was so glad to hear Neil remind Cane that he had been forgiven a time or two. I'm not saying there should be instant forgiveness for Hillary, but Cane trying to run her out of town? She has as much right to live in GC as he does. It's not like she was the first woman in GC to try to destroy a marriage. So, as long as Lane are going to be hypocrites, I wouldn't mind not seeing them for a while.

Hilary was told the drug was dangerous meaning it could kill a person she did not care she poured all of the drug in Cane's drink. Cane could have been killed, making Lily a
single mom and he children fatherless and you think Neil should take Hilary's side over her daughter and her family. Hilary is instantly forgiven. Cane was cast aside for a year no one forgave him over night. He had to earn his forgiveness. Neil looks like a fool running behind the woman that could have killed his daughter's husband and the father of his grand children.

Neil does not look like a fool to me. I see a man who regret his actions willing to give another human being, Hilary, the benefit of the doubt and forgiveness. Don't get me wrong, he could be a mean spirited unforgiving person like Victor Newman but then he would also still be hating on Cane. If he can give Cane forgiveness then he can give it to Hilary...after all, they both mistreated and hurt his daughter didn't they? Yes. What is good for Cane is good for Hilary. How many times have fans, Lily and Lane fans inparticular, said that Devon and Neil need to mind their own business and live their own lives and let Lily live hers. Well they are doing that. They are not longest basing their every thought and move on Lily and her life's tragedies. Lane fans should be happy. Or is this a case where you want them to revolve their lives around Lily unless they are disagreeing with her decisions to forgive that fraud husband of hers.

I have never thought Neil or Devon went over board with looking out for Lily. I grew up with a father and brothers that took care of me more then I wanted but I now see that as a good family to have. I think he has gone to far this time this woman could have cause bodily harm to his daughter's husband and the father of his grandbabies he can want to give Hilary a second chance but not at the expense of his family she is not worth that. Cane is the one she could have killed so no I do not agree with Neil trying to tell him how he should feel about her.

Rfan

Postby Rfan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Quote Blue 501: No, I don't think Hilary should be forgiven just because she is suddenly sorry. Neil's family suffered from her attacks & should not be expected to forgive her & work with her. The only gift she should get (if any) is the family declining to have her prosecuted.

Amen

ThornsandRoses

Postby ThornsandRoses » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Quote Rfan:
Quote ThornsandRoses:
Quote Blue 501: I am not an enemy of Cane (or Lily). I agree that they belong on the show. I just don't understand how they can turn a complete & utter con man like Cane into a Saint when poor Sharon, who has been on the show for as long as I have been watching, is constantly torn down & made into an evil person when there has never been a mean streak at all. She used to be the sweetest, gentlest person on the show. Where is her redemption? So many others have had one (Cane, Chelsea, Michael, now Hilary). And why is Sharon still hated so intensely by some posters? If she is a villainess now, where is the love that some other villainesses have had?
<p>
The bold is why I am not liking Cane's and Lily's attitudes these days. I was so glad to hear Neil remind Cane that he had been forgiven a time or two. I'm not saying there should be instant forgiveness for Hillary, but Cane trying to run her out of town? She has as much right to live in GC as he does. It's not like she was the first woman in GC to try to destroy a marriage. So, as long as Lane are going to be hypocrites, I wouldn't mind not seeing them for a while.

Hilary was told the drug was dangerous meaning it could kill a person she did not care she poured all of the drug in Cane's drink. Cane could have been killed, making Lily a
single mom and he children fatherless and you think Neil should take Hilary's side over her daughter and her family. Hilary is instantly forgiven. Cane was cast aside for a year no one forgave him over night. He had to earn his forgiveness. Neil looks like a fool running behind the woman that could have killed his daughter's husband and the father of his grand children.
<p>
I had totally forgotten about the drug. Nevertheless, she didn't kill him. Lily could have spent the rest of her life in a mental hospital because of Cane, but she didn't. A lot of things "could have been". If Neil hadn't put the "Do Not Disturb Sign" on the door, maybe Hilary's mother "could have been" found alive.<p>
As for Neil taking sides, I think he is just trying to do what he can to help someone that he feels he wronged. I see no wrong in that, nor do I think it makes him look like a fool. And yes, I still think they are hypocrites! Wasn't it Lily's bright idea to put Cane in harms way in the first place?

ajsp35801

Postby ajsp35801 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Quote Rfan:
Quote ajsp35801:
Quote Rfan:
Quote ajsp35801:
Quote Rfan: Lily and her children do not need to leave the show anymore then any other child born on this show. Lily Winters Ashby is a legacy character born and raised on this show. She is the mother of two of the next generation children of YR. Cane Ashby is her husband and the father of Charlie and Mattie Ashby. Cane/Lily/Charlie and Mattie are not leaving Lily is just as much a part of YR as Billy, Nick, Adam, Vikki and Charlie and Mattie are just as important to this show as Faith, Connor, Noah They are not leaving.

I agree about Lily. I will even say that she is more important than those others. She is the only AA legacy female character on any soap opera. And the only legacy AA character on Y&R. When you think about it...just saying...now Cane Ashby can go. As for him being the father of Lily's children...these writers could change that at the stroke of a pen. Those baby's were made in a lab and implanted in Mac. Anyone could be their father (matter of fact, anyone could be their mother but God Forbid!). Just saying...waiting on the day one of them gets sick and Cane is NOT A MATCH. Hallelujah!

The writers already did things to Lily they have not done to any other woman on this show in forty years of the show. She was given cancer with a threat of death when that was not allowed they stripped her of ever being able to carry her own children so I don't think the pen that can change things are a good idea to strip her of her children. The reason for them not scripting her to carry and bare her husband's children was the ugliest reason on the planet so anyone rooting for or the writers trying to find a way for Cane and Lily not to be the parents of Charlie and Mattie is just evil. Lily had as much right as any other woman on this tohave given birth to her husband children. It is so hypocritical people begging for other women to have a baby and wishing Lily's babies were never born, die, leave town or with the stroke of a pen be someone else children.

I wouldn't call myself evil for wishing someone else was the father of Lily's children...someone I deem more suitable...someone from a legacy family like she is. Someone with real binding and blood ties tot eh canvas. I have always said that Lily was far too young for the stories that they gave her. They wrote her like they would have written Dru but Lily was too young for those stories. However, they insisted on keeping her with that fraud Cane who is close to Neil's age so they decided to age the character much to my dismay. It's par for the course with keeping her hitched to that old man. Anyways...what is this ugly reason that Lily couldn't carry her husband's children?

Cane was 31 when he and Lily met Lily was 19 You really think Neil was 12 when Lily was born. Cane and Neil are not close in age. Lily is not the only person on this show to have a child with someone that is not a legacy. Anyone having a child with someone not of the core families have a child with a non legacy person look over the canvas and see how many children that applies too most of them.

Cane was 31..I thought he was P3 when they met which means he was closer to 40 than 30. Or are you counting the one of the retcons that made him a lying fraud. Fine I still say 31 is too old for a 29 year old. Heck some people think that Kyle who is about 24 was too old for 18 year old Summer.

I never said that people shouldn't have kids with non legacy characters. I just wanted Lily to have a pairing with someone from a core family. I think we all know that newmans and Abbots get more airtime and story than any Winters or cane the lying fraud. Whether it is right or not, it is what it is.

ajsp35801

Postby ajsp35801 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:15 pm

Quote Rfan:
You said Cane was not good enough because he is not legacy but Tyler is what legacy does Tyler hold. Tyler treated Lily like a piece of low down trash. You see the difference in the way he is written to treat Abby. He never respected Lily, her marriage or her family. But he shows all respect for Abby and even the evil Victor. He has never described Abby to his sister the way he did Lily. If you think this makes him more worthy of Lily you think so but I want Lily with a man that respects her and see her as a lady of class not a piece.

I never said that Lily should be with Tyler. EVER! But at least he is not a liar and a fraud. I could tolerate it the way I tolerated Cane and Lily when I thought he was P3 and on the up and up. Cane has been ruined IMO. Who is this man that respects Lily? I know you are not talking about Cane. Because putting someone in the crazy house and repeatedly lying to their face is not respect. I see no difference in how Tyler treats Lily and Abby. He has been very supportive, gentle, and kind to them both. Only difference in that Abby is not married. Which is good. That way people don't have to hate him for breaking up a marriage.

ajsp35801

Postby ajsp35801 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Quote Rfan:
Quote ajsp35801:
Quote Rfan:
Quote ThornsandRoses:
<p>

Neil does not look like a fool to me. I see a man who regret his actions willing to give another human being, Hilary, the benefit of the doubt and forgiveness. Don't get me wrong, he could be a mean spirited unforgiving person like Victor Newman but then he would also still be hating on Cane. If he can give Cane forgiveness then he can give it to Hilary...after all, they both mistreated and hurt his daughter didn't they? Yes. What is good for Cane is good for Hilary. How many times have fans, Lily and Lane fans inparticular, said that Devon and Neil need to mind their own business and live their own lives and let Lily live hers. Well they are doing that. They are not longest basing their every thought and move on Lily and her life's tragedies. Lane fans should be happy. Or is this a case where you want them to revolve their lives around Lily unless they are disagreeing with her decisions to forgive that fraud husband of hers.

I have never thought Neil or Devon went over board with looking out for Lily. I grew up with a father and brothers that took care of me more then I wanted but I now see that as a good family to have. I think he has gone to far this time this woman could have cause bodily harm to his daughter's husband and the father of his grandbabies he can want to give Hilary a second chance but not at the expense of his family she is not worth that. Cane is the one she could have killed so no I do not agree with Neil trying to tell him how he should feel about her.

You are one of the few. I always thought there was a double standard for Neil and Devon with how the fans responded to their being protective of Lily. But then the writers began to write Victor far worse than Neil and he got ragged on too. LOL. Yes, Hilary could have cause bodily harm to Neil's daughter's husband...but not to Lily. I am sure Neil cares very little if Cane is hurt. After all the man has taken Lily through, it is only normal for him to carry some resentment still. Lily might be important to Neil but Cane is not all that important to him. Why should Cane trump Hilary especially when Neil is trying to atone. That is like putting Cane before Neil's own feelings. NO. Neil ahs to do what is right for him and his concious. You say Neil has gone to far this time? Gone too far for what? For Lily to forgive him? Surly not.

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Quote Rfan:
Quote ajsp35801:
Quote ThornsandRoses: [quote]Quote Blue 501: I am not an enemy of Cane (or Lily). I agree that they belong on the show. I just don't understand how they can turn a complete & utter con man like Cane into a Saint when poor Sharon, who has been on the show for as long as I have been watching, is constantly torn down & made into an evil person when there has never been a mean streak at all. She used to be the sweetest, gentlest person on the show. Where is her redemption? So many others have had one (Cane, Chelsea, Michael, now Hilary). And why is Sharon still hated so intensely by some posters? If she is a villainess now, where is the love that some other villainesses have had?
<p>

I was happy to hear Neil remind Cane of his sins as well. Both Neil and Devon are written to like Cane now...they should NEVER like Cane. THey should only tolerate him. But they definitely should have Devon championing Lane's marriage. Both Neil and Devon should have been sitting back smiling with glee when Lily was running behind Tyler.[/quote]

You said Cane was not good enough because he is not legacy but Tyler is what legacy does Tyler hold. Tyler treated Lily like a piece of low down trash. You see the difference in the way he is written to treat Abby. He never respected Lily, her marriage or her family. But he shows all respect for Abby and even the evil Victor. He has never described Abby to his sister the way he did Lily. If you think this makes him more worthy of Lily you think so but I want Lily with a man that respects her and see her as a lady of class not a piece.

if cane respected her he would not bang her in a public sauna.. NASTY

ajsp35801

Postby ajsp35801 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Quote Sinny:
Quote Rfan:
Quote ajsp35801:
Quote ThornsandRoses:
<p>

I was happy to hear Neil remind Cane of his sins as well. Both Neil and Devon are written to like Cane now...they should NEVER like Cane. THey should only tolerate him. But they definitely should have Devon championing Lane's marriage. Both Neil and Devon should have been sitting back smiling with glee when Lily was running behind Tyler.

if cane respected her he would not bang her in a public sauna.. NASTY

I didn't mind that...the one that bothered me was him using sex with her to get back at Neil by banging her on Neil's desk because he was mad that Neil hired Devon to work at Jabot! He has no respect for Lily or her relationship with her father.

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Quote Rfan: Lily and her children do not need to leave the show anymore then any other child born on this show. Lily Winters Ashby is a legacy character born and raised on this show. She is the mother of two of the next generation children of YR. Cane Ashby is her husband and the father of Charlie and Mattie Ashby. Cane/Lily/Charlie and Mattie are not leaving Lily is just as much a part of YR as Billy, Nick, Adam, Vikki and Charlie and Mattie are just as important to this show as Faith, Connor, Noah They are not leaving.

You don't have job seniority when you bore people to death your out..too many new more interesting characters now

alanadz

Postby alanadz » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Lane are the victims of writers neglect. MAB paid a lot more attention to this couple.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”