Canadian spoilers, early?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
twocentsworth

Canadian spoilers, early?

Postby twocentsworth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:43 pm

It's always been a mystery to me that maybe someone can clear up. Why does Y&R broadcast in Canada a day ahead of the U.S. show? ~) Thanks a bundle, twocentsworth...

ping123

Re: Canadian spoilers, early?

Postby ping123 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 pm

It airs later in the day in Canada, it might air a day ahead so that there are no spoilers for Canadians because it shows earlier in the US.

I don't really know ?)

JRTA

Postby JRTA » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Global TV Canada owns the broadcast rights for the show. When that deal was originally made, we didn't have all this technology. While CBS was available in major centres, it wasn't always available in smallers areas. Global allowed Y&R to reach a wider audience in Canada. Global TV negotiated the day ahead broadcast to make it worth it to them to carry it. It was a success and other then a time change or two (it was on at 4pm years ago), it has been that way for 30 plus years.

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:02 pm

Quote JRTA: Global TV Canada owns the broadcast rights for the show. When that deal was originally made, we didn't have all this technology. While CBS was available in major centres, it wasn't always available in smallers areas. Global allowed Y&R to reach a wider audience in Canada. Global TV negotiated the day ahead broadcast to make it worth it to them to carry it. It was a success and other then a time change or two (it was on at 4pm years ago), it has been that way for 30 plus years.

Thank you very much. Now I know.

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Quote JRTA: Global TV Canada owns the broadcast rights for the show. When that deal was originally made, we didn't have all this technology. While CBS was available in major centres, it wasn't always available in smallers areas. Global allowed Y&R to reach a wider audience in Canada. Global TV negotiated the day ahead broadcast to make it worth it to them to carry it. It was a success and other then a time change or two (it was on at 4pm years ago), it has been that way for 30 plus years.

Not only that we see the US show at 12:30 here, the current show at 4:30 and I sometimes what it on Rogers Timeshift at 6:00 or 7:00

Y&R got the market cornered and the best time slots.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”