So what does everyone think of the "out of the ashes" storyline?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!

Re: So what does everyone think of the

Postby GL_YRfan1979 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:07 pm

This hasn't lived up to the hype. And I hate the ridiculous ideas of half of Genoa City just being in CS at the same time, and Phyllis acitng like she runs the jailhouse with the phone calls in and out and taking over the tv.

It's so much bs.

Postby cheley124 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:41 pm

I really had my doubts that this storyline would work and it hasn't. Y&R cannot compete with big-time Hollywood movies so why try? I was touched by the reactions to Noah being trapped in the rubble but other than that, I've fast-forwarded my DVR through 99% of the rest. I have watched Y&R since the 70's when it was only a 30 minute show -- watching with my great-grandmother. I am a fan for life but come on? Were they trying to mimic 9/11? I sure hope not. Victor running into the building and nobody stopping him or following him? And then JT? And the piece of styrofoam that bounced off of Vickie's head sends two people tumbling??? PLEASE!!!!! And don't get my started oh Phyllis trying to run the prison. With her attitude, in the real world she would not be on work-release she would be in solitary and working all the time. Why do we only see her in the room with the phone??? What about her "JOB"? I'd love to see her with a sweaty head folding laundry.

Postby Blondie-n-Lex » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:45 pm

I thought the flipping back and forth to Phyllis was wasted footage. I never understood why we had to see and listen to her and Jana in jail. Just another FF for me! They had nothing to do with the "Out of The Ashes Whatever..."

Postby granny45 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:55 pm

I thought it was terrific!! Naturally Phyllis and Jana had a big part of it - worrying that their friends and loved ones were hurt or killed. This is a daytime soap not an MGM production. With the budget they must have to work with, I think it was good. I truely think that people expect to much of daytime dramas sometimes. I have watched this soap since the beginning and I think this was a good storyline and good entertainment. I don't watch a lot of movies - maybe I didn't anticipate as much as some who watch many movies. I am glad that we didn't lose any major characters! I love them all!! ;)

Postby capricorn27 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:56 pm

:( waiting to get invested, much less interested in this particular storyline was like waiting to see the egress. i don't think the hype lived up to the presentation. there were some elements which could have been very gripping, but were executed wrong. i think it was a directing and editing issue, not an acting one. the only part that i liked was adrian and victoria, before she was conked on the head with the fake rocks. this had none of the elements that made the ice storm so gripping last year. if i had watched these episodes instead of the ice storm, i never would have started to watch y&r again. i think that this was a triumph of marketing over substance and if y&r gets a rating boost as a result, the old saying is wrong. there is more than one sucker born every minute. lml has managed to up the ante.

Postby PLC02 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Love it! Very exciting... I hope Victoria and the baby are ok. Noah get well! :))

Postby Tater » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:07 pm

After I finished my last tivo of it this morning, I was left wondering why they did this? Were the writters on vacation? Run out of story or trying to steer it all in another direction? I don't think they could even do that. Why did they do this? I say finish some of the stories they have left open? Like the cream and put Gloria in Jail before she marries and kills another husband. Somedays it is like we all have adhd and skip around.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”