JFP on Delia Abbott's DEATH...

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Jackie10

Re: JFP on Delia Abbott's DEATH...

Postby Jackie10 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 am

Quote Sylviastel:
Quote Jackie10:
Quote fairland:
Quote bettyblack: “I know it’s not easy killing a kid. I know that I am going to get hell for this. But this is for you guys.”

EMMY BAIT!

That's why the actors love JFP. :D

She wins them the most AWARDS.

I am glad that JFP came up with a great story line even for Elizabeth Hendrickson. Now I am one of JFP supports now. For coming up with a great story line that does hit a nail in Elizabeth Hendrickson great acting skills that does hit for great performance. I am hoping that Elizabeth Hendrickson does get an Emmy win for great acting skills over a child's death will be down dramatic. I am hoping that JFP does stick around for a long time because we do need her for great writing skills like for this great story line. Yes in response JFP knows she is going to get hell from viewers like myself.

But JFP said this wasnt her it was JG LOL!!!!!!

Go & read jakes hit & run on general hospital which won Emmys for Geary & JFP! She got fired after that storyline! Jakes death was very similar to Delia! It was jakes drunk grandfather Luke who hit him!
JG didn't want to kill Delia off! He was ordered too by JFP!
JFP determines the storylines! JG & writers write dialogue!
JFP is suddenly trying to defend this storyline & dumping the blame on JG & now the actors because she wanted them to have meaty storylines right after the daytime Emmys!

Exactly my point. JFP was trying to cover her butt with the last year of bad writing by putting it on JG theses lame story ideas are hers not JGs. She is to blame for the bad writing and the low ratings.

Sylviastel

Postby Sylviastel » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:37 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote Sylviastel:
Quote hopey pix: DON'T EVER GIVE JFP AN EMMY FOR THIS!!I ONLY would want to see Billy and Delia get an Emmy for this next year!AND I SO HOPE THEY DO FOR THIS!!God!!It's hard enough to see this on TV,and last night at the corner store,I saw a lady hit and an ambulance coming to help her!!Oh,I felt awful,and I don't know how shw was even!!PLEASE,JFP,GO AWAY!!!

I actually don't want to see billy miller win his 3rd Emmy simply because he'll have to thank & bow down to JFP on Emmy night!
That's worse than winning an Emmy! I don't think the cast members wanted to do this storyline in the first place but have no choice! JFP isn't creative enough to give them better scripts or storylines to win Emmys except death, doom & gloom! I'm sorry winning an Emmy now again! The daytime Emmys dont matter much anymore & haven't in years especially on daytime soap! I wouldn't want to an Emmy for having anything to do with Delia's death! It's just too morbid for me!

I had not thought about the fact the actors will feel obliged to thank Phelps! But you're absolutely right! I still hope that the actors involved win, if it is that important to them. I really hope that Phelps is not rewarded in any way for this story line. She doesn't deserve to be. It's simply a re-write of the Jake story line from GH.

Too morbid for me too!

Under JFP, if you win an Emmy, you have to thank her or face the consequences! Jill lives for Emmys & the cast will have no choice but to thank her & praise her! It's really not worth watching g the actors grovel to her! It's so demeaning!

Sylviastel

Postby Sylviastel » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:39 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote Sinny:
Quote Jackie10:
Quote Lifetime Viewer: I still say that JFP did the Delia storyline for shock value, and I do not consider that entertainment - it's sick. Also, why would she repeat the Colleen and Victor storyline where an Abbott always has to die to give a Newman a needed organ. It is downright stupid, silly, and insulting to viewers' intelligence. Bring ATWT back! The storylines were so much better! I have even watched Y and the R for 40 years! Yep, that's right - 40 years! And, for Dylan to be Nikki's son, right under her nose, is so silly. Give me a break.

There was no shock in it everyone had the story figured out long before it aired. Even though it was top secret. Because they didnt keep it secret they spoiled scenes for the different characters. They dont know how to do shock and awe they did Conner's boring story line as shock and awe for Adam. Duh it should be shock and awe for the audience not the actors playing the parts.

There was nothing shocking about this story at all. Everyone saw it coming.. I think it was so poorly done and then we have phelps coming out right away and blaming the guy she fired...

I'm sure there were quite a few "creative differences" that led up to Phelps firing JG. But I will always believe that it was the Delia story line that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Killing off children has never been Josh's writing style. This is classic Phelps. Phelps likes to fire children and the elderly. She goes after the weakest! And I'm convinced, if she's not stopped, she'll do it again!

I totally agree! JG probably had enough & doesn't want anything to do with this storyline & I can't blame! JFP has done storyline before on gh!

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:16 am

Quote villyforever55: I don't know who JFP is from the man in the moon, I don't keep up with that stuff, never have so no need for me to start now. I don't know who the writers were or are and again, I don't care. I didn't like the Delia story line, but the actors involved gave outstanding performances and I hope they do get recognized. I'm still watching Y&R as I have, off and on, for 40 years and probably will until it's all over. Now, it's the only soap I watch, and I've been through them all, starting with 'Love of Life' when it was on for 15 minutes. I don't know who wrote that one either, it didn't matter.

I remember that long ago too! Some days I wish I didn't pay attention to who the writers, directors, producers, etc. were. I have been reading credits as long as I can remember. And now, with the aid of the internet, I'm no longer content to simply read the credits, I have to google them and see what other work they have listed to their credit. Then, if I enjoy something, I watch for more of their work. Or then the opposite is true as well. If I don't care for a particular program and I see who it was written or produced by, I won't watch anything else they contributed to. I never watched anything before that JFP was affiliated with, I had heard the horror stories, but didn't know first hand what was truly in store until Y&R.

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote villyforever55: I don't know who JFP is from the man in the moon, I don't keep up with that stuff, never have so no need for me to start now. I don't know who the writers were or are and again, I don't care. I didn't like the Delia story line, but the actors involved gave outstanding performances and I hope they do get recognized. I'm still watching Y&R as I have, off and on, for 40 years and probably will until it's all over. Now, it's the only soap I watch, and I've been through them all, starting with 'Love of Life' when it was on for 15 minutes. I don't know who wrote that one either, it didn't matter.

I remember that long ago too! Some days I wish I didn't pay attention to who the writers, directors, producers, etc. were. I have been reading credits as long as I can remember. And now, with the aid of the internet, I'm no longer content to simply read the credits, I have to google them and see what other work they have listed to their credit. Then, if I enjoy something, I watch for more of their work. Or then the opposite is true as well. If I don't care for a particular program and I see who it was written or produced by, I won't watch anything else they contributed to. I never watched anything before that JFP was affiliated with, I had heard the horror stories, but didn't know first hand what was truly in store until Y&R.

Morning, Cajun!
For me, it's all about the actors and the story, but mostly the acting draws me in and keeps me there. Of course, there are exceptions, like B&B, I couldn't watch Brooke sleep with anyone else's man,(I understand she has now moved onto her sister's husband). I stopped when Ridge was interested in the girl he first thought was his daughter, then his sister. Yuck for me and I was done. Whoever wrote or produced that dribble, I don't know and don't care. If they repeat that sickness with Noah and Summer I may have to ff everything except Villy. Okay, I'm done.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 am

Quote villyforever55:
Quote Homesick Cajun:

Morning, Cajun!
For me, it's all about the actors and the story, but mostly the acting draws me in and keeps me there. Of course, there are exceptions, like B&B, I couldn't watch Brooke sleep with anyone else's man,(I understand she has now moved onto her sister's husband). I stopped when Ridge was interested in the girl he first thought was his daughter, then his sister. Yuck for me and I was done. Whoever wrote or produced that dribble, I don't know and don't care. If they repeat that sickness with Noah and Summer I may have to ff everything except Villy. Okay, I'm done.

Good morning Villy55!
Seems like I keep missing you lately here. Hope you've been doing well! Sometimes the actors can save a poorly written or produced program for me, but more often than not, that is just not the case for me. I know I'm missing some incredible acting with this story line. But it's just too sad for me. I hate to see the characters that I have allowed into my home for so long in so much pain day after day. If I thought it would be brighter for them under Phelps that would be one thing. But she's all about darkness and the doom and gloom. But fingers crossed for Villy! I've posted in the Villy thread a few times lately. I'm really pulling for them in this! Just don't trust Phelps! :~

shoozeyque

Postby shoozeyque » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Quote Sinny: I think this is going to back fire on Phelps. This was not emmy winning material. I don't see any of them taking home that statue for this story. It was so poorly written.

_____

They didn't have to kill of Delia. There are other ways. Just let her fade into oblivion never to be heard from again, like sending her off to boarding school and she can return when she's 30 years old and has a career, or just not have her on the show at all.

Simple. The actors could have still been able to show off their acting skills without having to kill of a kid. They killed off Cassie. They didn't have to do that either. Now she's back as a ghost.

Will we see Delia come back as a ghost as well as Cassie and John Abbott?

Will she come back and haunt Billy to get him straightened out?

This is so ludicrous. I wouldn't be a bit surprise. JMHO. 8)

Sylviastel

Postby Sylviastel » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Quote bettyblack: “I know it’s not easy killing a kid. I know that I am going to get hell for this. But this is for you guys.”

EMMY BAIT!

That's why the actors love JFP. :D

She wins them the most AWARDS.

Actors are loyal to JFP because they don't want to lose their job! I doubt the cast except one wanted to do this storyline! Actors have to brown nose in order to front & center! Unlike MAB, dissent with JFP is unacceptable! JFP has backburned leading characters on other shows as punishment & will do the same here! Don't be fooled by actors who are supporting her publicly but probably dislike this story as much as we do! The daytime Emmys are over for the soaps simply because there are only 4 on the air! When there was 9 or 14 on the air, Emmys were exciting . The next daytime Emmys could be telecast from somebody's basement! Even Ellen or Oprah don't attend anymore so what's the point! JFP lives for Emmys but most fans don't want to see the actors win only to thank JFP for it! It's degrading for them & us!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”