WHY Did They Leave out Chloe

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Kerfuffles

Re: WHY Did They Leave out Chloe

Postby Kerfuffles » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Quote jhaxx: I think todays show is just Billy's vision about how her life would play out, its just his view with his blended family and his time with her, not to leave out Chloe, but a Billy's eye view.

Except there was no blending. It was just Newmans and Delia, for some reason, acting like she was a Newman--wanting to work at NE and calling Victor grandpa?! Like we viewers have amnesia and don't remember Victor was willing to let Delia DIE when she had cancer. Billy's dream future for Delia was that crap? Ugh. No.

And Jill, Chloe, Esther, Jack--anybody non-Newman--was excluded from the last scenes (real or imaginary) we saw of D as a character. Just insulting to Delia as a character and any non-Newman character in the show that was a part of her life.

Havasu addict

Postby Havasu addict » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:01 pm

I wish it had been real life though instead of this fast forwarding...when someone is waiting for an ambulance to pock up your injured child you dont go thru this drama...you want help, you pray, you sob uncontrollably

I didnt like the foreshadowing either that the dog Scout they got was from Connor needing a new guide dog, so he retired Scout to them.

CherylD

Postby CherylD » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:15 pm

They didn't leave Chloe out... this was BILLY'S thoughts while he was watching the life drain out of his daughter. It was sort of two fold - so that's Billy's mind was occupied while he waited - and he hoped for a better outcome and to show what he is going to misout on with his daughter. Note they did show the 'husbands' face nor anyones (except Billy, Victoria, and Dee) - this was about his relationship with his daughter... and his part of her life. Chloe's a different part of Dee's life and this was Billy's 'fantasy' of sorts about what he will miss out on - you know - the unspoken "Daddy will never get to see his little girl have her first date, graduate from school, become a woman" --

CherylD

Postby CherylD » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Quote FL senior fan: Very disappointed, like I said earlier.
No excitement, too slow moving, lack of action, acting could have been better. No cliff-hanger Friday for me.

I think that was the POINT - we lived it out in real time, like you would if it had really happened to someone you know - time stands still - nothing seems to move. Billy's acting was great - so not sure what you mean about the acting could have been better. He went from being emotional to being in shock to trying to be calm for Delia to being upset, to almost laughing to remembering - and remember - the ambulance said they would be there in 5 minutes - but when someone's life is at stake 5 minutes feels like a life time - and I think that was what we were supposed to feel - as though we were right there with Billy - waiting and waiting and not knowing what was happening. I think it was an artistic choice they made...

butterflycake

Postby butterflycake » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:23 pm

I agree that Chloe should have been in the scenes. Pissed me off that Victoria was in them. Why was didnt Billy call Chloe on the phone. I am an Abbott fan. This makes me sick. All about the Newmans. Victoria, or Victor. sick of it.

jad68

Postby jad68 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Quote linder: in the flash back fast forward shots why leave out chloe she is Delia mom....she should have been in them

I think it's a punishment for her manipulation and devil thought. Now she will suffer and maybe she will know it's her punishment by trying to manipulate chelsea, kevin and others....

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Quote butterflycake: I agree that Chloe should have been in the scenes. Pissed me off that Victoria was in them. Why was didnt Billy call Chloe on the phone. I am an Abbott fan. This makes me sick. All about the Newmans. Victoria, or Victor. sick of it.

Actually, the only Newman's' mentioned were Victor and Connor. And Uncle Jack was brought up, along with Johnny and her little sister, who are all Abbotts. So, what was 'all about the Newman's'? And, based on today's CAD episode, Chloe says she had a bunch of messages from Billy and Victoria, they couldn't reach her.

alanadz

Postby alanadz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Quote linder: in the flash back fast forward shots why leave out chloe she is Delia mom....she should have been in them

I wondered about that too. How can you imagine Delia's life an not have her mother in it. Chloe has been getting on my last nerve lately, but she really loves Delia and she is a good mom!

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Quote jad68:

I think it's a punishment for her manipulation and devil thought. Now she will suffer and maybe she will know it's her punishment by trying to manipulate chelsea, kevin and others....

I'm not a Chloe fan, but she did nothing to deserve losing her only child.

shoozeyque

Postby shoozeyque » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:29 pm

I think these flashbacks were meant to be between a father and his daughter and nothing more. That's what all it was meant to be. He was flashing forward seeing her as a teenager, graduating from college, getting married and having a baby boy. She was the light of his life.

Billy is sitting there on the road, literally watching his daughter die.

These were private tragic last moments of a father with his daughter.

The truth of the matter was Victoria was still Billy's wife in these flash forwards and you could see that Dehlia had a very loving relationship with her as well.

Of course, Chloe is Dehlia's mother. She had a good relationaship with Billy and was trying to salvage her relationship with Kevin, thus, the movie date.

I don't believe there was anything wrong with omitting Chloe from the flash forwards because of the fact that these were moments intended for Billy and Dehlia only.

Chloe will certainly have plenty of those when she gets word of the accident. JMHO.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”