jill farren phelps ruining everything

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cards1

Re: jill farren phelps ruining everything

Postby cards1 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:02 pm

ITA with the OP, the writing on this soap is the worst I believe I have ever seen on Y&R, day 1 viewer here. Some examples IMO are:

To many "secrets" that stay secret to long.

Stitches secret- OK NOW they are saying Kelly/Ben are siblings, ok, why did they write that scene when CW was still in the role where Ben told Kelly, "you can still have me", the scene did not come off like a sibling scene IMO.

Kelly, how many times have we heard her say, "if Jack asks me straight out, I will tell him"

NOW she has skirted it how many times without telling him crap, and he allows it, even though Ben has direct access to his nephew, Johnny.

Now Kelly is just so outraged that Billy would dare to try to find out, REALLY has everyone forgotten this "Ben" is not only around Vikki, but Johnny as well, IMO Billy has every right to know why a guy who is around HIS son, can't even see his OWN son.

Vikki, the once smart brash and sassy business woman, why in the world is she not at all curious about "Bens" past, REALLY his wife moved his son all the way to Australia, to keep him away, and Vikki has no problem with him being around Johnny, or Reed when he comes to visit, and she is just so outraged at Billy she's divorcing him, yet she acts like a jealous twit.

Devon, really was it necessary to turn him into a TOTAL jerk, now hes a drunk, throwing money off a ledge, and chasing his father's wife. If the writer wanted Dillary, they should have hooked them PRE Neil, because IMO this is disgusting, they shared another woman, TYRA.

Neil, bless his heart the words they have written for him to say about how much marriage and commitment, vows, mean to him, ok let's ask Karen and Sophia, and his bro Malcolm. I about fell off my couch that day Neil was talking about the "sacred vows"

Lily/Cane, Lily talking about the age difference with Neil/Hillary and people will talk, Lily two words for you, Daniel/Cane, both many years older then you, and Cane reduced to matchmaking Devon with his FIL's wife.

JFP's zeal to tie Dylan, to core characters, to try to make him fit and interesting has only damaged two of my fave core characters.

Nikki/Paul, and they are two of my all time faves, BUT really? They just forgot they had sex and there could have been a possibility, of Paul being the father, even when they went looking for him together, Paul never asked, "hey Nikki, you sure I couldn't be the father"??? WHAT, and now everyone is blaming this on IAN, ok ever heard the saying, Mama's baby, daddy's MAYBE?

And the cult thing is not how the history was, the cult leader was a woman, Sumiko, there was no Ian Ward until NOW. Nikki was not this naive waif they are trying to paint her now, she had already been married to Greg Foster and divorced, and Paul was a naive teen either, he had already fathered a child, Heather. Two naive teenager's, indeed!

Sharon/Nick, oh how I have wanted a Shick reunion, but they way they have written this, can't get into it waiting for that shoe to drop, and what about the "creamy nude" lipstick, that was confiscated for evidence, then just handed back to Summer, then Sharon trying so hard to forget, now trying so hard to remember. NOW they have Mariah, the IDENTICAL Cassie look alike, up in there having dinner with the little Shick family, and NO that would be confusing at all for a child Faith's age to be having dinner, and now living with a girl that looks just like her dead sister.

For months I thought Mariah was non-Caucasian character, due to her dark skin shown with the "tattooed wrist for months, then in comes this fair skinned red head. OKAY.

Summer/Austin, on what planet could Austin possibly escape jail time for what he has just done, we all saw it, they left no doubt it was him, and just how is Summer the "lead witness", she didn't know about until after he did it, looks to me like Avery the woman he stalked kidnapped terrorized at gun point would be the lead witness, and all the cops, that witnessed the shooting of the cheif of police. So in the days where internet stalking is a major issue, Y&R is apparently going to give Austin their stamp of approval for stalking Avery as M.J. the person who HATES defense attorney's except for now that he needs a defense!

I could go on and on, but my post is long enough. LOL.
But back to the OP, yes this regime is ruining Y&R, and GH is rocking right now. JFP not only ruined GH at one time, but she really screwed up GL as well when she was over there royally!

Dexter Fan

Postby Dexter Fan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:14 pm

I agree!But,seeing GH too how Michelle Stafford is vaulting out of her wheelchair and paying everyone off in sight,isn't great soap opera either!She's now a much meaner version of Phyllis on GH!!I wish she'd just come back as Phyllis,only toned down a bit.I also liked MAB's s/l's more than JFP's.Her last good story was Sam and Sharon,and it got ruined because they dragged Sharon off to rot in jail.I hated that,as much as Sam leaving before Halloween that year.I wish he'd just come back,as I don't like Sharon with Nick anymore.I also hate this stupid Mariah story.I can only see it heading where Nick makes a play for her.I hope not,but it's awful.Are we supposed to care for poor little Mariah because she's poor?Get over it already!I hate JFP's stories,and the writers don't know how to write a beginning,middle and end if their lives depended on it.Time for some new people.Is Ed Scott beginning,or is it just a rumor?

cards1

Postby cards1 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Oh and...

Jill/Colin, really they sent Jill off on this big trek across the world on this treasure hunt of Katherine's making, ONLY to find the 18 million dollar necklace in her own home, NOW she has a fake made that even an "expert" can't tell the difference, OK I've never heard of fake jewelry that an "expert" can't tell the difference, if there's no difference, it's real.

Victor, both Nick/Vikki were "done with him", "never have anything to do with him AGAIN" NOW already, they are both back, and Vikki say's she "appreciates him always being there for her" (guess that includes "daddy" having her arrested on her wedding day, and black mailing Adam about Delia" and Vikki say's mom "appreciates him to", and Victor "appreciates her saying that", well that's a whole lot of appreciating, LOL, but atleast Victor was right he said "the children have disowned me before, they'll come back, they always do", Yep this time it was record time, Nick is already back "working with dad" to uncover Mariah's secret with Ian. Nick don't hold your breath uncovering secrets in GC apparently take a long, long, long time. 8)

I won't even get started on Stitch/Ben/whateverthehellhisnameis, "first year resident" being a pediatrician/cardiologist/emergency room physician, etc. and the hospital scenes.

and the revolving Billy door, which Billy is behind door #1, door #2 or door #3?

Whew! feel better now. 3)

So yep ITA, JFP and team are ruining Y&R.

habbyfan

Postby habbyfan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:45 pm

I agree I liked the Sharon/Sam story ... but they just didn't write it going forward because they needed Sharon in the Adam s/l

MAB saw the s/l of Phick as a way to move the Phyllis character forward and take her from the mean and evil Phyllis to the more mature character but not take her character to a plsce where she was unrecognizable she still had her edge ...

MAB placed so much emphasize on one s/l she ignored other long term characters ...

JFP has done a good job of bringing in Ian Ward to be a villian for the Victor,Nick,Paul and Dylan characters ...
I am enjoying this s/l ...

There were times when Latham dropped the ball on s/l and other times I quite enjoyed ...

I have dislike all of them at times and disliked all of them at others ...

It is the old addage "You can please all of the people, some of the time,but you can't please all of the people,all of the time"

CountyWaterford

Postby CountyWaterford » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Cards 1 - you nailed it, put the coffin in the hole and covered it with dirt! Excellent writing and just the way I (and many others) feel. JFP has ruined Y&R since being there; I don't think I've seen more than 5 smiles or heard 3 people laugh in two years! I'm glad my life isn't that dark! GC and all residents seem to be in funeral mode 24/7, somber, doom - gloom at every door. NO ONE is happy, even lunatic Neil and Hillary's wedding was more like a funeral and I don't recall smiles there either! Now to make viewers accept all the newbies, we will have to spend the summer watching them half clothed at the DIVE BAR drinking eating face with all that dear God in Heaven BLUE everything and everywhere... wonder where they put the inflatable pool? Did Jill, Jack and Victor fill in their estate pools? We never see them anymore. Now, we have the DIVE BAR but no one has an office in this town to work from. Posters can do a better job, at least there would be laughter and some happiness like "in the old days" and s/l's would have endings. Every face would not be new and 20 y/o... Hopefully, the Summer show will end soon too!

Laurie_AdamNewman21

Postby Laurie_AdamNewman21 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Quote JBlair: These story lines are repeats after repeats. They just change the faces. The writers have no imagination.

I think the "idea well" has run dry. It's the same with tv, movies and music. A record now has to have a piece of back in time music to sell. ~)

Georgia rain

Postby Georgia rain » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:29 pm

I am actually enjoying Y&R more than I have in a long time.. I hated MAB's writing and what she did to Sharon.. I say we need to stop complaining before we lose our soap for good.

Kelly777

Postby Kelly777 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:46 pm

I didn't watch during Lathem so I can't comment on that but I did watch during MAB's time and she needed to go. Chipmunks, Crazy Annie, Clint......She just spent too much time away from the show and let the inmates get away with murder and nothing was going to change because she thought she was immune because she is a Bell by marriage. I'm still glad she isn't at the show anymore. Things were on a downward spiral with her too.

But enter JFP. We were told time and again from the moment this woman was hired how it would go and sure enough NONE of them have been wrong. I received a DM the DAY she was hired saying that she was going to wreck the popular couples and for me that meant Villy. No matter what you think of them they did have a large fanbase and were voted the #1 couple on the CBS site beating out Nictor. She has succeeded in ripping them to smithereens. I do not know of one rootable couple that is still on canvas.

Killing Delia brought them Emmy's but that's temporary. Most all of the actors that brought the storyline for her and netted her an Emmy are gone now and she hardly ever utilizes the vets unless it is to prop another character that is considered FOJ. With what she has going I doubt very seriously she will get another Emmy even if they paid the Judges. LOL

I don't know what happened with MM but I do know the show dumped 1.5 million viewers after he and Billy Miller left. Great Executive's have a way of playing this out and not underhandedly whereby there is an amicable departure. It is so evident that he is missed (whether you like him or not)because they cannot find the "right" actor to play Adam. (Wish they would have devoted as much time trying to find the Billy Abbott recast)

In her arrogance she screwed around with BM's contract not allowing HIM outs when the rest of the cast enjoyed them and now she has succeeded in burning that bridge by offering him an equally offensive contract to come back.

I just wish TPTB would realize she is feathering her own nest and is not acting for the better good of the show. She really needs to go.

spartes

Postby spartes » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Quote Kelly777: I didn't watch during Lathem so I can't comment on that but I did watch during MAB's time and she needed to go. Chipmunks, Crazy Annie, Clint......She just spent too much time away from the show and let the inmates get away with murder and nothing was going to change because she thought she was immune because she is a Bell by marriage. I'm still glad she isn't at the show anymore. Things were on a downward spiral with her too.

But enter JFP. We were told time and again from the moment this woman was hired how it would go and sure enough NONE of them have been wrong. I received a DM the DAY she was hired saying that she was going to wreck the popular couples and for me that meant Villy. No matter what you think of them they did have a large fanbase and were voted the #1 couple on the CBS site beating out Nictor. She has succeeded in ripping them to smithereens. I do not know of one rootable couple that is still on canvas.

Killing Delia brought them Emmy's but that's temporary. Most all of the actors that brought the storyline for her and netted her an Emmy are gone now and she hardly ever utilizes the vets unless it is to prop another character that is considered FOJ. With what she has going I doubt very seriously she will get another Emmy even if they paid the Judges. LOL

I don't know what happened with MM but I do know the show dumped 1.5 million viewers after he and Billy Miller left. Great Executive's have a way of playing this out and not underhandedly whereby there is an amicable departure. It is so evident that he is missed (whether you like him or not)because they cannot find the "right" actor to play Adam. (Wish they would have devoted as much time trying to find the Billy Abbott recast)

In her arrogance she screwed around with BM's contract not allowing HIM outs when the rest of the cast enjoyed them and now she has succeeded in burning that bridge by offering him an equally offensive contract to come back.

I just wish TPTB would realize she is feathering her own nest and is not acting for the better good of the show. She really needs to go.

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD, I TOTALLY AGREE COULDN'T SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.

lindaj18

Postby lindaj18 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Quote Dexter Fan: I agree!But,seeing GH too how Michelle Stafford is vaulting out of her wheelchair and paying everyone off in sight,isn't great soap opera either!She's now a much meaner version of Phyllis on GH!!I wish she'd just come back as Phyllis,only toned down a bit.I also liked MAB's s/l's more than JFP's.Her last good story was Sam and Sharon,and it got ruined because they dragged Sharon off to rot in jail.I hated that,as much as Sam leaving before Halloween that year.I wish he'd just come back,as I don't like Sharon with Nick anymore.I also hate this stupid Mariah story.I can only see it heading where Nick makes a play for her.I hope not,but it's awful.Are we supposed to care for poor little Mariah because she's poor?Get over it already!I hate JFP's stories,and the writers don't know how to write a beginning,middle and end if their lives depended on it.Time for some new people.Is Ed Scott beginning,or is it just a rumor?

There's a meaner version of Phyllis? Get outta here

Return to “The Young and the Restless”