Cynthia Watros -- Is she the new recast Phyllis?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
yamada

Re: Cynthia Watros -- Is she the new recast Phyllis?

Postby yamada » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:13 am

Quote edaem1:
Quote fisherkinga:
Quote shebaqueen: Cynthia Watros played 'Annie Dutton' on Guiding Light.

Terrific actress! A real leading lady.

I remember her, she was great, but why is she returning to soaps? I thought she was successful in prime time. I agree she'll make a fabulous new Phyllis.

You take the work where you can get it. If you are fortunate like the vets, you have a steady paycheck. At the end of the day, that is all it is about.

So very true. A job is a job. Take work where you can get it.

Congratulations to Ms Watros in her new role as Phyllis. I await her debut with anticipation and excitement.

FL senior fan

Postby FL senior fan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:01 am

Quote Geordiegal:
Quote shebaqueen:
Quote lovebird4yandr: I think so...
insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/27/lost-actress-joins-young-and-the-restless-exclusive/

Cynthia Watros will make a FANTASTIC Phyllis! :D

In Comings & Goings it says that Cynthia Watros will be playing someone names Kelly starting November 15th.

------------------------------
Good, a new female character; however am also anxious for the return of the character Phyllis...MS or anyone good!
Could it be, with pending death of Delia that Billy turns to gambling and this might be a female gambler (like Skye was) that he turns to?

FL senior fan

Postby FL senior fan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:08 am

Quite attractive; reminds me of "Ashley".

Looks like a bit older to be romantically involved with Billy so I'm personally gonna rule that out now...but it is Soaps!
I don't remember her from Lost series but the changed hair-do might be confusing me.

Welcome new actress; hope she is spunky and exciting!

cards1

Postby cards1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:09 am

I never thought about CW as the new Phyllis...BUT I think she might could have pulled it off, with a little hair coloring, CW could have probably pulled of RED. She was great as Annie Dutton on GL, dang that soap was good then, Annie Vs. Reva.

But alas I don't think it's meant to be from what I have read, I read the same as many here, ex teacher who becomes involved in Billy/Vikki/Chloes lives.

darny

Postby darny » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Please, NO! I didn't like her on Guiding Light. Besides, Phyllis is a red head. Jack always calls her RED. It won't work.

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Quote edaem1: Cynthia Watros would own the part of Phyllis! I never thought about her in that role because I was limiting my thinking to actors with red hair but you can get that out of a bottle. But crazy, demented, self-absorbed and sel-centered! Cynthia Watros would get an Emmy.

And I hadn't thought of her for the role because I was thinking of actors some years younger, like Gina Tognoni, for any potential Nick/Phyl repairing, but I can absolutely see Cynthia Watros in the part! Back when she played crazy Annie on GL, nothing would keep me away from my TV when GL aired. She'd be the perfect Phyl. EXCEPT for the fact that she'd look way too much like Sharon's sister. She, Summer, and Sharon would look like two sisters and one sister's niece. I loved really liking nurse Annie and then coming to despise the whack job on GL with her dead fetus story,and then it was great seeing her as the girlfriend on Titus, then in a more serious and sweet role in Lost. I'll be so curious to see what she's like, now, on YR.

djpp

Postby djpp » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:13 pm

I don't like this actress. Then again, I don't like Phyllis and I do not want her to return. I want her to either die or go to prison where she belongs. Not sure why the writers are so anxious to make this nasty character to return. I would rather see Jack with Dr. Emily! I would like to see Michael and Kevin leave the show also. They are all violent criminals. It is such a joke to see them saying Carmine got what he deserved when both of them never got what they deserved, and they did much worse than Carmine! This show is so ridiculous!

toopee

Postby toopee » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 am

I don't think CW is a Phyllis recast. I do think Phyllis will be back on our screen soon tho. YAY

vikis3

Postby vikis3 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Quote shebaqueen:
Quote Geordiegal:
Quote shebaqueen:
Quote lovebird4yandr: I think so...

Cynthia Watros will make a FANTASTIC Phyllis! :D

In Comings & Goings it says that Cynthia Watros will be playing someone names Kelly starting November 15th.

That means nothing. Press release can be misleading to hide a spoiler. Intentional misdirection.

Cynthia Watros is an A-lister and everyone knows Phyllis is coming back soon.

What are your requirements for being an A-lister?

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Quote djpp:

I don't like this actress. Then again, I don't like Phyllis and I do not want her to return. I want her to either die or go to prison where she belongs. Not sure why the writers are so anxious to make this nasty character to return. I would rather see Jack with Dr. Emily! I would like to see Michael and Kevin leave the show also. They are all violent criminals. It is such a joke to see them saying Carmine got what he deserved when both of them never got what they deserved, and they did much worse than Carmine! This show is so ridiculous!

I'd rather see Phyl gone forever, but if she is to come back then I hope it's via someone I can stomach. I read that the Cw character of Kelly will be a teacher. Does anyone know of what grade level and how her presence might involve anyone with kids in school?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”