Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Angel228

Re: Does Nikki Really Need Her Hair This Long?

Postby Angel228 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Quote HOT PINK: I think Nikki (MTS) looks wonderful with long hair. She is a beautiful woman, and I can tell George Guzman and his team love creating different hairstyles for her. I don't believe I've ever seen Nikki with a really short style. And, in my opinion, I don't think a short cut would suit her. But, I could be wrong. I have to say my mom thinks every women over the age of 40 should wear very short hairstyles. How boring that would be, if you ask me.

Actually, several years ago (quite a few, maybe 7 or 8?) when Nicki was running for a government position, she had her hair cut in a very short and sassy style and it suited her perfectly. I loved it. I was very disappointed when they let it grow back. The same could be said of Chloe. When she first came on the show her hair was very short and adorable. Now it is long and boring. Another disappointment. I agree that people should be able to choose their own hairstyles, but it seems strange to me that this many women ALL want to have long hair and none of them want a fashionable style. I really think that it is producers and writers and such that are enforcing the long hair rule. I think that left to their own choice, more of the actresses on this show would have shorter styles.

dafyduc

Postby dafyduc » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:37 pm

Quote Lanie1959: My best friend is 65 and has hair down to her butt and it's beautiful, it bothers me when other people want to push their fashion sense onto others especially older women. I think by the time we get to Nikki's age we have paid our dues and should wear our hair and clothes anyway we please ...

You and I don't often agree, but Amen on this one!!!!

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:01 am

Honey boo boo style

vikis3

Postby vikis3 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I am over 40 and this past summer my hair was past my butt and I got it cut to shoulder length...I like it both ways, my point, age did not dictate the cut, but my choice did.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm not sure whether it's Nikki the character or MTS the actress's choice to keep her hair long. Is it in their contracts that CBS owns their hair? I'm not trying to be rude, I really am curious.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Quote Gideon58: I don't think the OP is saying that people shouldn't wear their hair the way they please, I just think they're saying that a shorter cut might be more flattering to Melody Thomas Scott and I completely agree. I think a shorter cut wouldn't hurt Tracey Bregman either.

See, I think that hair is so very personal that it's hard to say something about a character's hair and distinguish it from the actress. You said it yourself; shorter cuts would work on TB and MTS, not on Nikki and Lauren, and you're correct in saying it that way, imho, but I think that there's a fine line between criticising the character (who is fake and can't cut her own hair) and the actress portraying that character (who is real and can)....jmho

Butterfly_Kissess1967

Postby Butterfly_Kissess1967 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Quote Lee4748: I assume that Nikki is supposed to be in her mid to late 50's. I am in my early 60's and I wear my hair just above my shoulders as do most of my lady friends. Why do these shows think that every character has to have such long locks especially when they are mature women? IMO they look ridiculous. I have never seen one older woman past 50 with such long flowing hair yet, except on these soaps. What's the purpose? We know their ages on the show. I would much prefer becoming, modern hairstyles conducive to their age group.

seriously, does it really matter what her hair looks like? As women we constantly worry about EVERYTHING. I love her hair, I think it's beautiful. But as long as she's happy...it wouldn't matter if she were bald.

Lee4748

Postby Lee4748 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Yes it does seem out of place to a lot of us viewers. This same topic was discussed on another message board and everyone agreed that it is odd for a woman in a certain age bracket to wear her hair as long as a young girl.

It is the same as commenting on an outfit that may have been too tight on one of the actresses or when Chloe was wearing glitzy hot pants in the middle of the day. It was just one person 's observation. And being sarcastic or deriding someone's comments is rude. And for those of you who were sarcastic in discussing this topic I suggest you behave more mannerly when discussing a topic.

Butterfly_Kissess1967

Postby Butterfly_Kissess1967 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:32 pm

MOM ??

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:40 pm

I guess we got told...
I hope I'm able to have my hair as nice as MTS/Nikki has hers by the time I'm her age...I am 37 right now and will not cut my hair short when I turn 40 because I prefer my hair longer...I can do more with it that way...kudos to MTS and TB for having their hair the way they want...

Return to “The Young and the Restless”