Anyone else heard this Spumor about Delia?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
alanadz

Re: Anyone else heard this Spumor about Delia?

Postby alanadz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 am

Quote nikkikin: May contain spoilers!

I have read several times that the Nov sweeps were going to include a huge storyline of Delia dying? Has anyone else heard this or cn de-bunk or verify it?

I heard it and I think it's true. First it would be pull Billy and Chloe together in grief. Second it would give Chloe a half million dollars that Katherine left for Delia's college fund.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:31 am

Quote alanadz:

I have read several times that the Nov sweeps were going to include a huge storyline of Delia dying? Has anyone else heard this or cn de-bunk or verify it?

I heard it and I think it's true. First it would be pull Billy and Chloe together in grief. Second it would give Chloe a half million dollars that Katherine left for Delia's college fund.

I do too. There's our "beloved" character.

alanadz

Postby alanadz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:35 am

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 am

Quote alanadz:

Not only that, but if it plays out like I think it will, Adam and Conner ~) will be involved as well. If what I think happens there will be problems for Adam and Jack's friendship too. There are a lot of clues out there. I think this will be the predominate s/l in the next few weeks.

Then there's Ashley coming for three episodes. The new Abbott I think will be introduced through this s/l.

Garrett said female and "beloved". He never said vet. We just all thought vet because of Phelps's hatred for women. But if you remember none of them passed the "beloved" test. Who is more beloved than an innocent child? Delia fits that to a T.

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:42 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote greengrass:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote Supercouplevilly:
Quote MikeLikesSoaps:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote SoapyG:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote SoapyG: I have been reading that on a few boards too. And I saw a picture of the whole Abbott family together and I know ED is coming back for a few episodes. So I think it may be true.

Yeah, Ashley will be back for three episodes. I also think that's how the new Abbott cousin will be introduced.

I bet you are right.

Yeah, sickening as it is, there are way too many things pointing to it. Phelps is a monster and anyone that thinks she's not capable of killing off a child needs to WAKE UP!!

I don't see how anyone could support her after this. Phelps is cruel and doesn't care.

OMG! This is a tv show - not real life. Sometimes on these shows, killing a beloved character or a child brings good long-term story to certain charachters. Geez - she isn't killing the little girl, just the character. Remember when they killed BJ Jones on GH? Look at the great stories that came from that (the reveal that Bobbie was having an affair with Damien Smith, BJ's heart being transplanted into Maxie and saving her life, Felicia and Frisco sleeping together out of grief which resulted with Felicia getting pregnant with Georgie). These are characters in a scripted drama. And sadly, dear beloved children do die in real life, so it isn't odd to kill one off a show.

I just don't see any long term s/l coming from Delia dying, as a matter of fact, I see it taking away possible s/ls, it would sever the tie between Chloe and Billy (which is always something that can be used to cause problems in current relationships). Just don't see any reason for it.

There is a reason for it however that is disgusting as well! The one and only one silver lining in the way I think it will play out, and I'm pretty sure I'm right, is that it will anger the Chadam, Villy, and Chilly fans. Therefore, with the potential fallout it could very well be Phelps's swan song and we could be rid of the monster once and for all!

Everyone is going on the speculation that she is going to die because of that group picture that is out there,but the people in the picture is the same ones that were at Katherine's will reading,and it was tweeted that they were just fooling around after they did the taping.So there is no evidence at all out there that anyone let alone a child is going to die.It has also been said that Sony has the last say and if they don't like something they won't let her do it.People are not liking Sony right now because of JFP.

I hope Sony doesn't let her do this. But, I'm afraid it's a done deal. There's just too much smoke for there not to be a fire. I sincerely hope this story line doesn't play out the way I think it will. I will be delighted if this does not happen. I just keep going back to the article a few months ago that said that JFP planned to kill off a "beloved" character. There was a thread about it here at the time. Several of us speculated about who it may be. We were all guessing veterans since JFP has that reputation as well. But none fit the "beloved" part. They all had their detractors. When I started to read the rumors about Delia, I remembered the article, and thought, of course, who is more "beloved" than a child.....I hate it, but I'm afraid it will happen.

I don't think so. Other than all of the children, there is one person who is a beloved character, and that's Traci Abbott. She has no enemies and has always been kind and forgiving. She gave Victor Colleen's heart, even though it was his scheming that caused her death. She's the one.

greengrass

Postby greengrass » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:43 am

Quote alanadz:

First of all i won't believe it until it comes out in some kind of a spoiler.It also won't bring Billy and Chloe closer together because they are saying that Chloe blames Billy for it.So it will probably cut all ties with Billy and Chloe.Who says that Chloe will get that money if something happens to Delia,there could be a clause in there that Chloe doesn't get it,it's donated to a school or hospital

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:46 am

Quote villyforever55:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote greengrass:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote Supercouplevilly:
Quote MikeLikesSoaps:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote SoapyG:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote SoapyG: I have been reading that on a few boards too. And I saw a picture of the whole Abbott family together and I know ED is coming back for a few episodes. So I think it may be true.

Yeah, Ashley will be back for three episodes. I also think that's how the new Abbott cousin will be introduced.

I bet you are right.

Yeah, sickening as it is, there are way too many things pointing to it. Phelps is a monster and anyone that thinks she's not capable of killing off a child needs to WAKE UP!!

I don't see how anyone could support her after this. Phelps is cruel and doesn't care.

OMG! This is a tv show - not real life. Sometimes on these shows, killing a beloved character or a child brings good long-term story to certain charachters. Geez - she isn't killing the little girl, just the character. Remember when they killed BJ Jones on GH? Look at the great stories that came from that (the reveal that Bobbie was having an affair with Damien Smith, BJ's heart being transplanted into Maxie and saving her life, Felicia and Frisco sleeping together out of grief which resulted with Felicia getting pregnant with Georgie). These are characters in a scripted drama. And sadly, dear beloved children do die in real life, so it isn't odd to kill one off a show.

I just don't see any long term s/l coming from Delia dying, as a matter of fact, I see it taking away possible s/ls, it would sever the tie between Chloe and Billy (which is always something that can be used to cause problems in current relationships). Just don't see any reason for it.

There is a reason for it however that is disgusting as well! The one and only one silver lining in the way I think it will play out, and I'm pretty sure I'm right, is that it will anger the Chadam, Villy, and Chilly fans. Therefore, with the potential fallout it could very well be Phelps's swan song and we could be rid of the monster once and for all!

Everyone is going on the speculation that she is going to die because of that group picture that is out there,but the people in the picture is the same ones that were at Katherine's will reading,and it was tweeted that they were just fooling around after they did the taping.So there is no evidence at all out there that anyone let alone a child is going to die.It has also been said that Sony has the last say and if they don't like something they won't let her do it.People are not liking Sony right now because of JFP.

I hope Sony doesn't let her do this. But, I'm afraid it's a done deal. There's just too much smoke for there not to be a fire. I sincerely hope this story line doesn't play out the way I think it will. I will be delighted if this does not happen. I just keep going back to the article a few months ago that said that JFP planned to kill off a "beloved" character. There was a thread about it here at the time. Several of us speculated about who it may be. We were all guessing veterans since JFP has that reputation as well. But none fit the "beloved" part. They all had their detractors. When I started to read the rumors about Delia, I remembered the article, and thought, of course, who is more "beloved" than a child.....I hate it, but I'm afraid it will happen.

I don't think so. Other than all of the children, there is one person who is a beloved character, and that's Traci Abbott. She has no enemies and has always been kind and forgiving. She gave Victor Colleen's heart, even though it was his scheming that caused her death. She's the one.

Unfortunately, I think Phelps is going for the shock and Tracie wouldn't do that nearly as effectively as killing off Delia. It's all about the ratings. There's a mini sweeps next week, then the big sweeps in November. I expect the accident next week. I think she will be on life support till the November sweeps. That's when I think the story line will wrap up. I soooooo hope I'm wrong. But I really think this is already in the can. I don't think there's any stopping it. I hate it!!!! But I think that's how it will play out. If I'm wrong, I promise you I will happily eat my words and do the happy dance all over this board! I don't want to be right about this!!

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote greengrass:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote Supercouplevilly:
Quote MikeLikesSoaps:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote SoapyG:
Quote Homesick Cajun:

I bet you are right.

Unfortunately, I think Phelps is going for the shock and Tracie wouldn't do that nearly as effectively as killing off Delia. It's all about the ratings. There's a mini sweeps next week, then the big sweeps in November. I expect the accident next week. I think she will be on life support till the November sweeps. That's when I think the story line will wrap up. I soooooo hope I'm wrong. But I really think this is already in the can. I don't think there's any stopping it. I hate it!!!! But I think that's how it will play out. If I'm wrong, I promise you I will happily eat my words and do the happy dance all over this board! I don't want to be right about this!!

I don't want to see any 'reel' child die. If 'shock value' is the goal here, why not kill off Connor instead of Delia? That would be equally shocking.

Supercouplevilly

Postby Supercouplevilly » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:54 am

I don't see ratings going up from killing a child off, and like I said, don't see it adding any s/ls, it would sever a tie between Billy and Chloe, Connor couldn't get her eyes, due to her having cancer. It would take away so many potential s/ls down the road, for a short term story, no matter how stunning, or big, it would be short, then what.

Delia gone missing or kidnapped, that is where I see this going. Chloe said something the other day about Delia going missing, she didn't say anything about something happening to her, or her being gone, but her missing.

reng

Postby reng » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:55 am

I see no purpose in killing off Delia or any child, real or reel. The thought of it makes me sick.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”