If there were a gay pairing? Who'd you want?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
beezwax

Re: If there were a gay pairing? Who'd you want?

Postby beezwax » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:54 am

Victor and Jack....lol!!!! Those two have so much chemistry together over the years that sparks fly every time they share a scene, they must really be turned on. It almost reminds me of a mating dance. *) *) *)

mswadel

Postby mswadel » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:56 am

Actually the word homophobic means fear of the homosexual,I have no fear of them, I know it is not catching and I am fairly intelligent. However it would sicken me to see a same sex couple going at it on tv. Don't even wamt to see them kissing. That doesn't label me as anything like a racist or any other word you want to use. There are cable channels that would allow one to see all the same sex activity one can take. I don't even want any man/woman sex either, don't want it to go too far. Again there are places one can go if they wish to see any kind of sex on their tv. Don't ruin Y & r.

lleone

Postby lleone » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:04 am

There will not be any gay pairing on Y&R. It doesn't test well in focus groups and the response to its other gay stories was hugely negative. It's not gonna happen.

stellla

Postby stellla » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:46 am

Quote mswadel: Actually the word homophobic means fear of the homosexual,I have no fear of them, I know it is not catching and I am fairly intelligent. However it would sicken me to see a same sex couple going at it on tv. Don't even wamt to see them kissing. That doesn't label me as anything like a racist or any other word you want to use. There are cable channels that would allow one to see all the same sex activity one can take. I don't even want any man/woman sex either, don't want it to go too far. Again there are places one can go if they wish to see any kind of sex on their tv. Don't ruin Y & r.

Y&R is already ruined. So why not? It is long overdue that Y&R had a legit gay couple.

elizadolittle

Postby elizadolittle » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:51 am

Thank you to those who participated. Even if you did not like any of the couples I gave as an example. For those against same sex pairings, this was meant as a fun thread for those who do not have a problem with that.

Pretty Emerald

Postby Pretty Emerald » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:55 am

I would like to see Victor and Neil as the new lovebirds! :D

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:14 am

Quote mswadel: Actually the word homophobic means fear of the homosexual,I have no fear of them, I know it is not catching and I am fairly intelligent. However it would sicken me to see a same sex couple going at it on tv. Don't even wamt to see them kissing. That doesn't label me as anything like a racist or any other word you want to use. There are cable channels that would allow one to see all the same sex activity one can take. I don't even want any man/woman sex either, don't want it to go too far. Again there are places one can go if they wish to see any kind of sex on their tv. Don't ruin Y & r.

Would it have sickened your ma and pa to see a bi-racial couple on Y&R? You know, totally ruin it?

And would it have sickened your grandma and grandpa, to have those coloured folk up in your tv screen, on your soap opera, acting all like they belong?? RUINING THE SHOW?

Pretty sick huh guys? Yuck gross ICKY.

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:19 am

Quote lleone: There will not be any gay pairing on Y&R. It doesn't test well in focus groups and the response to its other gay stories was hugely negative. It's not gonna happen.

DAYS has already done done it and their couple - "Wilson" - is considered a modern day super couple. Articles have been written about about it.

Ahh well, I guess those who watch DAYS are less bigoted maybe? Because the response has been anything but hugely negative. :D

strawberrypop

Postby strawberrypop » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:20 am

Quote calliope:
Quote Lizzytish: I don't think there should be a gay pairing, unless the SL or the show calls for it.

This baloney of tv shows feeling like they have to represent every race, creed, color, sexual persuasion is really getting to be ridiculous.

This is a show about a bunch of people; stop already with the typecasting. They had a gay character on several years ago - Rafe -- he was a nice guy and a good lawyer -- I didn't really care about his sexual preference and it had nothing to do with the show.

Let's concentrate more on the characters and the quality of the stories and less on sex onthe soaps. It;s very annoying when so much airtime is spent on couples malling each other. I don't care. On yesterday's show, Cane and Lily could have had their conversation on the phone -- they didn't need to be in bed. Pathetic writing.

And Rafe is a good example of how I would expect them to write a gay person. He was gay but that wasn't the main focus of him (until that stupid Adam story). Rafe was an attorney who was gay. No one wants a gay couple that is going to be rolling around kissing each other, we want a gay character or couple because it is 2013 and why shouldn't they be represented.
The people that are yucking and aghast at this idea must not be fortunate enough to have gay people in their lives. Or maybe they do but the gay person is too scared to tell them.

This type of thread concerns me for young people who may be reading it and are struggling with their sexuality, or people in general for that matter. People struggle with this everyday, some people find it to be too much and take their own lives. Its a serious matter.

Its ok if its not "your thing" there is nothing wrong with not being into it. But to say some of the tings that get said, is mind blowing because everyone deserves to love who they want to love. And for young people who know they cannot tell their parents just kills me, because we as parents are supposed to love our children no matter what.

I am blessed to have some gay people in my life, my life is full of different people and I feel that I am lucky to have it that way.

Even though you have your right to speak as you feel, and again I have no issues with people who are not into gays. but please take the time to think who may be reading what you say. None of us know what our fellow readers are dealing with in their lives, and kindness really does go a long way..

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:24 am

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote lleone: There will not be any gay pairing on Y&R. It doesn't test well in focus groups and the response to its other gay stories was hugely negative. It's not gonna happen.

DAYS has already done done it and their couple - "Wilson" - is considered a modern day super couple. Articles have been written about about it.

Ahh well, I guess those who watch DAYS are less bigoted maybe? Because the response has been anything but hugely negative. :D

I am so glad you said that! I had wondered who people were talking about when they referred to "Wilson"! lol I haven't watched days since they fired Chandler Massey, but I have been watching off and on since day one. The only reason I was still watching was for "Wilson" and the s/l around Will, Sonny, Gabi and Nick. I read yesterday that the actress playing Gabi is leaving as well. So I doubt I'll start watching again. But yeah, if you ask me Will and Sonny have put new life in DOOL. It was badly needed.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”