If there were a gay pairing? Who'd you want?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Milkshake24

Re: If there were a gay pairing? Who'd you want?

Postby Milkshake24 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Quote YR2013:
Quote BobbiSox:
Quote Ashtradamus:
Quote BobbiSox:
Quote FL senior fan: No one, and I don't know what you are thinking.
Rating would drop; this is not what Y&R was ever about
and some things better not changed.
Go look ELSEWHERE if you want a same sex show!

Ditto that, Fl fan. Just because the lifestyle has been accepted in our society, it doesn't have to be shoved in my face.

Both of you are grossly homophobic. The person who made this post said to IGNORE this thread if you're not accepting of same sex couples. You had that option.

Furthermore, a same sex couple would be great for Y&R. If they do bring a same-sex couple on canvas, you can always press fast-forword, change the channel or hit the mute button. Have a nice day.

I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to be calling us names. You're not the boss of me anyhow, so if YOU don't like what I post, YOU can always post somewhere else. YOU have a nice day.

Exactly! Everyone has their rights and not everyone wants to see this type of s/l. The name calling shouldn't be allowed.

When people basically say they are homophobic and than called homophobic is hardly being called a name, if seeing a gay couple on the show would bother you than you are homophobic. It's that simple, that's not name calling just what you call it.

Milkshake24

Postby Milkshake24 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Quote YR2013:
Quote MikeLikesSoaps:
Quote YR2013:
Quote BobbiSox:
Quote Ashtradamus:
Quote BobbiSox:

Ditto that, Fl fan. Just because the lifestyle has been accepted in our society, it doesn't have to be shoved in my face.

Both of you are grossly homophobic. The person who made this post said to IGNORE this thread if you're not accepting of same sex couples. You had that option.

Furthermore, a same sex couple would be great for Y&R. If they do bring a same-sex couple on canvas, you can always press fast-forword, change the channel or hit the mute button. Have a nice day.

I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to be calling us names. You're not the boss of me anyhow, so if YOU don't like what I post, YOU can always post somewhere else. YOU have a nice day.

Exactly! Everyone has their rights and not everyone wants to see this type of s/l. The name calling shouldn't be allowed.

Don't like being called homophobic? The truth hurts, doesn't it?

No, not in the least, your idea of "truth" needs to be checked because you don't know me or anyone on the board for that matter so jumping to such conclusion, only shows ignorance. Let me repeat what I said, not everyone like that type of s/l and we ALL have our rights, unless YOU think only YOUR rights count! ~) ~)

understand that by telling me Gays shouldn't be on Y&R your insinuating that they shouldn't exist and you can't expect people to not be offended. Look what's happening in Russia! The right I'm fighting for is to exist, to fit in what right are you fighting for? You already exist and fit in!

calliope

Postby calliope » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Quote Milkshake24:
Quote YR2013:
Quote MikeLikesSoaps:
Quote YR2013:
Quote BobbiSox:
Quote Ashtradamus:
Quote BobbiSox:

Don't like being called homophobic? The truth hurts, doesn't it?

No, not in the least, your idea of "truth" needs to be checked because you don't know me or anyone on the board for that matter so jumping to such conclusion, only shows ignorance. Let me repeat what I said, not everyone like that type of s/l and we ALL have our rights, unless YOU think only YOUR rights count! ~) ~)

understand that by telling me Gays shouldn't be on Y&R your insinuating that they shouldn't exist and you can't expect people to not be offended. Look what's happening in Russia! The right I'm fighting for is to exist, to fit in what right are you fighting for? You already exist and fit in!

Bravo!!

Piperay

Postby Piperay » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Fen and someone, maybe this new character Andrew. Fen seems so conflicted being gay would fit his character.

ladycam

Postby ladycam » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 pm

With the writing for couples on Y&R can't imagine the mess they would make of a gay couple. They would need a small community and the cast is not big enough. DOOL had to hired extra few times to give Wilson support. Am not sure Y&R can write for them.Even to connect the right couple seems hard for this regime.So I hope they won't take this on.

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Every once in a while this gay topic is brought up I don't care whos gay into twosomes threesomes or bisexual. But I really don't care to watch it myself on 12 o'clock soap but if I had to picka couple Sharon and Nikki could go at it hot and heavy .. A old stripper gal and a looney bird

SudsySoaps

Postby SudsySoaps » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:57 am

Quote BobbiSox:
Quote Ashtradamus:
Quote BobbiSox:

Well then respect other people's threads! So YOU have a nice day! Don't like the topic? Stay out of it! You're just being called what you're showing everyone. ~)

SoapyG

Postby SoapyG » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:35 am

Quote Milkshake24:
Quote YR2013:
Quote BobbiSox:
Quote Ashtradamus:
Quote BobbiSox:

When people basically say they are homophobic and than called homophobic is hardly being called a name, if seeing a gay couple on the show would bother you than you are homophobic. It's that simple, that's not name calling just what you call it.

I agree. If you display homophobic comments there is going to be someone calling you on it.

I think it is way past time that Y&R had a legit gay couple.

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:54 am

Quote SoapyG:
Quote Milkshake24:
Quote YR2013:
Quote BobbiSox:
Quote Ashtradamus:
Quote BobbiSox:

I agree. If you display homophobic comments there is going to be someone calling you on it.

I think it is way past time that Y&R had a legit gay couple.

You probably don't know much about gays. To insinuate that one of the characters who is established as non-gay, should be 'turned' into gay, displays your ignorance. Please stop. If you don't like my posts, that's okay. But if you have learned a big word, and just want to throw it around, you probably should do a little research. Sexuality 101. That would be a good starting point for you.

SoapyG

Postby SoapyG » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:51 am

Where did I say that? Perhaps your comprehensions skills are lacking. I never said it could not be a new character. I said it is time Y&R had a legit gay couple.

I have some very close gay friends so everything you judged me as, is wrong. But the words in this thread speak volumes about the hate.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”