My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
calliope

Re: My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....

Postby calliope » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Heather Thom is great, no denying. She is on B&B now. She is not coming back. Why the constant comparisons? Amelia is not Heather. Amelia does justice to the spoiled, craving Daddy's approval Victoria. She portrays TGVN's daughter beautifully.

Scotia

Postby Scotia » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Quote calliope: Heather Thom is great, no denying. She is on B&B now. She is not coming back. Why the constant comparisons? Amelia is not Heather. Amelia does justice to the spoiled, craving Daddy's approval Victoria. She portrays TGVN's daughter beautifully.

Definitely!

mahina

Postby mahina » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Quote Kelby: Does she not look like in many of her serious scenes like she is going to laugh? This has bothered me for a long time. Stop it already. The reaction to Avery not showing up at the wedding was ew. At one point it looked like she was grinning. I miss Heather Tom. Sorry.

Kelby now that you mentioned this you're not alone. I noticed this annoying trait too. AH can't do her serious scenes as well as Heather Tom. Grinning during a serious scene is not supposed to be goofy ~) Sinister, evil or cunning.....yes. She should take some hints from HT, MS, MM, GR, SH (Patty).

mahina

Postby mahina » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Quote Kelby:
Quote BobbiSox: I don't mind that they changed the actress; I like them both. My problem is changing the character. They took a serious minded business woman and turned her into a whining, pouty goofball who can't make up her mind about anything: her father, her husband, her job.

This a quote I really agree with. They changed Victoria's character a great deal when AH took over the part. Most of it has to do with writing, but she still looks like she is going to laugh in some of her serious scenes. How do you explain that? LOL I know what of her features is natural and then you have bad acting, because you can not keep in character. Ha!

It is hard to explain why she wants to laugh, isn't it?? I doubt the writers want her to laugh in these serious scenes. They need to tell her to knock it off.

trixie60

Postby trixie60 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:06 pm

Quote calliope: Heather Thom is great, no denying. She is on B&B now. She is not coming back. Why the constant comparisons? Amelia is not Heather. Amelia does justice to the spoiled, craving Daddy's approval Victoria. She portrays TGVN's daughter beautifully.

The constant comparisons is because we have a right to our opinions. Is comparing one actress to another actress bashing? If it is, then it has been done many times in this thread.

Ethelmae02

Postby Ethelmae02 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:18 pm

Quote BobbiSox: I don't mind that they changed the actress; I like them both. My problem is changing the character. They took a serious minded business woman and turned her into a whining, pouty goofball who can't make up her mind about anything: her father, her husband, her job.
I so agree. I wouldnt miss the character of Viki one bit if she left. Tired of her and Billy back and forths and all the rest of what she does.

pgl35

Postby pgl35 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:22 pm

HT has nothing on AH. I like both of them , but I think AH is perfect as Victoria. And if you ever doubt her acting ability, check out the movie "Black Cat Run" and you will change your mind. AH can act her butt off.

mahina

Postby mahina » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Quote trixie60:

The constant comparisons is because we have a right to our opinions. Is comparing one actress to another actress bashing? If it is, then it has been done many times in this thread.

ITA trixie. At present the recasts of Abby and Kyle are getting attacked left and right. I don't see anyone defending them and I'm not a fan of theirs. This Victoria doesn't have to worry. Our opinions here are very tame if you ask me

trixie60

Postby trixie60 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 pm

Quote mahina:
Quote trixie60:

ITA trixie. At present the recasts of Abby and Kyle are getting attacked left and right. I don't see anyone defending them and I'm not a fan of theirs. This Victoria doesn't have to worry. Our opinions here are very tame if you ask me

Thanks Mahina,I agree. Sometimes you can't help but compare one actress to another when posting. Most posters who don't like a certain actresses acting say so. I have seen this a lot on the board.

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:44 pm

I do not dislike the girl and honestly, if I had to act out the shiz the writers give this poor girl, I would smirk during serious scenes too. I am just saying Y&R looks more and more like a soap opera parody everyday. Haha!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”