My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Kelby

My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....

Postby Kelby » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:53 am

Does she not look like in many of her serious scenes like she is going to laugh? This has bothered me for a long time. Stop it already. The reaction to Avery not showing up at the wedding was ew. At one point it looked like she was grinning. I miss Heather Tom. Sorry.

coolkraft

Re: My problem with Amelia Heinle as Victoria....

Postby coolkraft » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:57 am

agree....never liked her...Heather Tom was much better

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:07 am

I hate to say it, she is a condensed version of Victoria. She is not good like Heather Tom. I do not think she is awful, but those inconsistencies show. Then again, AH came on the show when the writers were a s..t show, so she does not have a chance to act out awesome scenes.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:16 am

Kelby, normally I agree with everything you say! But this one time I don't. I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but I really like AH as Victoria. I LOVE Heather Tom, make no mistake about it, I think she is knocking it out of the park as Katie Logan Spenser on B&B. She is an outstanding actress. I just think AH plays the part of the entitled, spoiled brat, daddy's girl better. JMO

I really think we don't know what any of these actors are capable of. With the right dialogue, no telling what they could do with it. Until we get better writers, I am really hard pressed to be too critical of any of them...

calliope

Postby calliope » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:23 am

It took a bit to adjust to AH but now I think she IS Victoria.

TITTH

Postby TITTH » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 am

It unfair to compare Amelia to Heather because Heather is an exceptional actress and not many can compare to her.

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:30 am

I don't mind that they changed the actress; I like them both. My problem is changing the character. They took a serious minded business woman and turned her into a whining, pouty goofball who can't make up her mind about anything: her father, her husband, her job.

Lanie1959

Postby Lanie1959 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:34 am

I like AH also it's the writing that is hurting her character, she is a fine actress and I really like portrayal of Victoria .Heather Tom is an exceptional actress not many can are in the same league as she so I think unfair to compare them .

Catz-Meow

Postby Catz-Meow » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:47 am

I don't like AH as Vikki either. Never have, never will.

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:49 am

Quote BobbiSox: I don't mind that they changed the actress; I like them both. My problem is changing the character. They took a serious minded business woman and turned her into a whining, pouty goofball who can't make up her mind about anything: her father, her husband, her job.

This a quote I really agree with. They changed Victoria's character a great deal when AH took over the part. Most of it has to do with writing, but she still looks like she is going to laugh in some of her serious scenes. How do you explain that? LOL I know what of her features is natural and then you have bad acting, because you can not keep in character. Ha!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”